It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:05

Text Size

Bug reports

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug reports

Postby jerichopumpkin » 16 Sep 2014, 21:28

Agent of the Fates is missing deathtouch.
jerichopumpkin

Postby ShawnieBoy » 16 Sep 2014, 22:21

Thanks for finding that - pushed a fix
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby jerichopumpkin » 18 Sep 2014, 19:21

not a bug, but an intersting thing: Altac Bloodseeker has a heavy flaw: if it is unblocked and another attacking creature with first strike (or double strike) kills an opponent creature, Altac Bloodseeker does not deal any damage, because it gains first strike, but the damage from first strike creatures has already been assigned.
jerichopumpkin

Postby ShawnieBoy » 18 Sep 2014, 21:13

jerichopumpkin wrote:not a bug, but an intersting thing: Altac Bloodseeker has a heavy flaw: if it is unblocked and another attacking creature with first strike (or double strike) kills an opponent creature, Altac Bloodseeker does not deal any damage, because it gains first strike, but the damage from first strike creatures has already been assigned.
Incredibly niche, but yes, this actually is a bug:

702.7c Giving first strike to a creature without it after combat damage has already been dealt in the first combat damage step won’t prevent that creature from assigning combat damage in the second combat damage step. Removing first strike from a creature after it has already dealt combat damage in the first combat damage step won’t allow it to also assign combat damage in the second combat damage step (unless the creature has double strike).
Hopefully it won't make my brain melt trying to fix this...
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby jerichopumpkin » 19 Sep 2014, 06:59

ShawnieBoy wrote:
702.7c Giving first strike to a creature without it after combat damage has already been dealt in the first combat damage step won’t prevent that creature from assigning combat damage in the second combat damage step. Removing first strike from a creature after it has already dealt combat damage in the first combat damage step won’t allow it to also assign combat damage in the second combat damage step (unless the creature has double strike).
Hopefully it won't make my brain melt trying to fix this...
Oh s**t, for real? Oh, wait, I see why... It's to avoid using first strike as a prevent damage trick.
That's a complicated one... On the spot, without knowledge of the code, the only ways I could think (taking double strike into account) are a flag "hasAssignedDamage" or preventig first strike to be gained in the "assign damage" two step phase.
Hope this helps!
jerichopumpkin

Postby jerichopumpkin » 20 Sep 2014, 22:57

Nighthowler is missing bestow cost
jerichopumpkin

Postby ShawnieBoy » 21 Sep 2014, 00:33

jerichopumpkin wrote:Nighthowler is missing bestow cost
Thanks - submitted a fix.

The first-strike issue should also be solved too.
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 24 Sep 2014, 23:51

I was trying to use Argothian Wurm's groovy to do other cards, when I noticed a minor issue: only the opponent is getting the option to sacrifice a land, when both players should get the choice. A lot of cards use the same mechanic (i.e. Browbeat), I tried to make it somehow get APNAP but didn't manage to make it work.
PalladiaMors

Postby ShawnieBoy » 25 Sep 2014, 00:09

PalladiaMors wrote:I was trying to use Argothian Wurm's groovy to do other cards, when I noticed a minor issue: only the opponent is getting the option to sacrifice a land, when both players should get the choice. A lot of cards use the same mechanic (i.e. Browbeat), I tried to make it somehow get APNAP but didn't manage to make it work.
Yes, looks like it's assuming the caster won't want to choose. The problem with Browbeat et al. is with having multiple choices, or at least a serial of choices which stops when a particular choice is made.
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 25 Sep 2014, 13:38

Huge thanks for adding Surge of Strength - it helps control my OCD by increasing the number of cards in Alliances - but I think the script's doubling the creature's power instead of increasing it by its converted cost?
PalladiaMors

Postby ShawnieBoy » 25 Sep 2014, 17:19

PalladiaMors wrote:Huge thanks for adding Surge of Strength - it helps control my OCD by increasing the number of cards in Alliances - but I think the script's doubling the creature's power instead of increasing it by its converted cost?
Oops!

Will fix that - I've been throwing a few cards in to get some sets up to the 50% mark
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby jerichopumpkin » 27 Sep 2014, 10:06

I don't know if they will be included in the next release (I was testing the new deck editor), but the five Alara heralds (Angel's Herald, Behemoth's Herald, etc.) are missing a check to see if you control the right number of creatures to sacrifice (I was able to activate Behemoth's Herald with only it and a Naya Hushblade in play)
jerichopumpkin

Postby ShawnieBoy » 27 Sep 2014, 23:54

Ahh, yes of course - good find.

Each cost is checked separately, regardless of the previous costs. I guess they should be put back into unimplemented, and have look over other multiple-costs.
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby jerichopumpkin » 01 Oct 2014, 17:31

when opponent plays a card face down with morph, you can see what he is playing with mouseover on the stack
jerichopumpkin

Postby PalladiaMors » 02 Oct 2014, 01:38

Brain Freeze doesn't seem to work when a library is below 3 cards.
PalladiaMors

PreviousNext

Return to Magarena