It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:46

Text Size

Bug reports for 1.59

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Bug reports for 1.59

Postby melvin » 01 Mar 2015, 13:23

To help us in addressing bugs, the best way is to create an issue on the issue tracker. This lets us keep track each report separately and ensures it doesn't get lost.
https://github.com/magarena/magarena/issues (requires github account)

For game play bugs, please report in as much details as possible, especially the list of permanents on the field, any continuous effects in place etc. If possible, do attached the <install folder>/Magarena/logs/game.log file to the report.

Less preferred is to post your report in this thread. (requires forum account)

You can report anonymously via gitreports, note that name/email if provided will be listed on the issue tracker.
https://gitreports.com/issue/magarena/magarena (no sign-up required, name/email optional)
melvin
AI Programmer

Re: Bug reports for 1.59

Postby muppet » 02 Mar 2015, 14:29

I'll try to work out how to do the other bug report tto but i'll start here for the moment.

Valorous Stance worked fine the first time I tried it but now I have an opponent with a Lagonna-Band Trailblazer with 3 counters on it so it is 3/7. But I cannot target it with the Valorous Stance destroy 4+ toughness creature ability previously I cast it not in my turn when it worked. I am now casting it in my turn, I'll try delaying it and see if it works in opps turn. Aha may have spotted it. I think it is looking for power >4 not toughness.

Ok pretty sure its the toughness<>power just swapped opened a bug thing on github.
Last edited by muppet on 02 Mar 2015, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.
muppet
Tester

Postby melvin » 02 Mar 2015, 14:43

muppet wrote:Aha may have spotted it. I think it is looking for power >4 not toughness.
Spot on, good catch. Fixed in https://github.com/magarena/magarena/co ... aca6dd28e4
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 02 Mar 2015, 16:52

The Chimera cycle from Visions (Brass-Talon Chimera, Iron-Heart Chimera, Lead-Belly Chimera, Tin-Wing Chimera) has a problem: upon being sacrificed, they should give their target an ability permanently. However, the way they're currently coded, the ability lasts only until end of turn. I meant to submit a fix myself, because I thought I knew how to do it, but looks like I managed to forget how to code this ability. Please fix when/if possible.
PalladiaMors

Postby melvin » 03 Mar 2015, 02:55

PalladiaMors wrote:The Chimera cycle from Visions (Brass-Talon Chimera, Iron-Heart Chimera, Lead-Belly Chimera, Tin-Wing Chimera) has a problem: upon being sacrificed, they should give their target an ability permanently.
Thanks for reporting! Fixed in https://github.com/magarena/magarena/co ... 2f377a547b
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby Bog Wraith » 07 Mar 2015, 01:09

I had not updated Magarena for quite a while so I downloaded the latest version and chose to download the card images again because I had not installed this app since I swapped out my HD for a bigger one in the summer.

I am using the Mac version and when I tried to download the card images, I would get around 600 card images then I'd get an error saying that I should look at the console for details as to what went wrong. Well I'm not sure where or what the console is so I tried it again & the same thing happened.

Since I can run Windows on my Mac using Parallels, I downloaded the Windows version of Magarena, ran the program and was able to download all of the card images into it. I then copied the cards folder from the directory and pasted it into my Mac version of Magarena. The game now has all the cards and it runs perfectly.

I have never had this problem before and have used the Mac version of this app for a number of years, so I'm not sure what the problem is and why the image gathering/update function runs into this error report and fails to download the rest of the images.

Just wanted you to be aware of this bug. I can update the images whenever I need to by using the Windows version to get the updates, but I hope that you can find the problem so I can go back to updating from my Mac version of the game.
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby melvin » 07 Mar 2015, 01:27

Thanks for the report, tracking as https://github.com/magarena/magarena/issues/87 There is a problem with the way the error is presented, we will improve it.
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 13 Mar 2015, 16:25

I tried to download the pictures to another computer, and noticed that now the download is crashing. Looks like the same problem as the poster above, but running Windows 7 64. Error message reads "!!! Error - See console for details !!!". It crashes far too often and it's not possible to download the pictures at all.

While testing cards in text mode, I noticed a problem in text mode. It seems that if you have a certain card on the battlefield, you can't play another card with the same name (besides basic lands). I'm new to text mode and still pretty confused by it, but I'm pretty sure that's what's happening.
PalladiaMors

Postby Lodici » 13 Mar 2015, 16:42

PalladiaMors wrote:I tried to download the pictures to another computer, and noticed that now the download is crashing. Looks like the same problem as the poster above, but running Windows 7 64. Error message reads "!!! Error - See console for details !!!". It crashes far too often and it's not possible to download the pictures at all.
Could you try running Magarena from the java console by creating a shortcut to "Magarena.exe" and then opening the shortcut properties and setting the Target field to the following...
Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xms256m -Xmx512m -noverify -jar "D:\MTG-Dev\magarena\Magarena-1.59\Magarena.exe"
You will probably need to replace the path to "java.exe" and "Magarena.exe" to reflect your setup. Please note, "java.exe" and not "javaw.exe".

When you run the shortcut it should open a command window and you can see what is going on behind the scenes. When the download crashes it should display the error details in the command window.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby Lodici » 13 Mar 2015, 16:48

PalladiaMors wrote:While testing cards in text mode, I noticed a problem in text mode. It seems that if you have a certain card on the battlefield, you can't play another card with the same name (besides basic lands). I'm new to text mode and still pretty confused by it, but I'm pretty sure that's what's happening.
Text mode is not being updated (at least by me). Personally, I would like to get rid of it but from a previous discussion lost somewhere in these forums there was mention of information about card or game state that could only be gleaned from text mode.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 13 Mar 2015, 17:14

It says

java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://mtgimage.com/card/abduction.jpg [Abduction.jpg]
There was a total of 14 messages with 14 different card names.
PalladiaMors

Postby Lodici » 13 Mar 2015, 17:21

PalladiaMors wrote:It says

java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://mtgimage.com/card/abduction.jpg [Abduction.jpg]
The downloader is designed to fail after X errors are reached. In this case it looks like the link to http://mtgimage.com is a problem. I tried entering the URL into a browser and got a page not found.

In fact, bad news! Looks like "mtgimage.com" has been shut down! :(
Lodici
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 13 Mar 2015, 17:42

Magic League uses images from http://magiccards.info and has been around for over a decade. Could that be an adequate replacement?
PalladiaMors

Postby ShawnieBoy » 13 Mar 2015, 18:05

Lodici wrote:
PalladiaMors wrote:It says

The downloader is designed to fail after X errors are reached. In this case it looks like the link to http://mtgimage.com is a problem. I tried entering the URL into a browser and got a page not found.

In fact, bad news! Looks like "mtgimage.com" has been shut down! :(
Gahhh, that's horrible :( - Take images from gatherer itself? *shrug*

(We did use magiccards.info before - I think that the issue with mtgimage.com was that is was soley for development use)
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby jerichopumpkin » 14 Mar 2015, 12:49

manifest does not work properly, if you manifest a non-creature spell, it is cast for free instead of being put into play face down as a 2/2 creature
jerichopumpkin

Next

Return to Magarena