It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 09:53

Text Size

Project Firemind is back

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Project Firemind is back

Postby PalladiaMors » 18 Mar 2015, 16:48

muppet wrote:Does the timing thing explain why the AI is terrible with Snapcaster Mage? That has timing main and if that means it only casts it in its own main phase that would explain things.
^Took the liberty of proposing a change to timing=flash. Hopefully it improves AI handling of this particular card.

Also, pretty sure Promise of Power didn't get pushed thru Firemind, and I don't have the script anymore /facepalm. I'll do the card again later with melvin's smarter system of merging kicker and the modes.

I'm relieved by ShawnieBoy's comment - I was wondering if at some point it would be necessary to figure out which creatures should have timing main or smain, and it was a scary perspective. It's true that the AI often casts creatures on the first main incorrectly, but I agree that the best way of improving this isn't through the timing hints, since you can have exceptional reasons to play them on either.
PalladiaMors

Postby mike » 18 Mar 2015, 16:53

The script for Promise of Power is still there: https://www.firemind.ch/card_script_submissions/3169

It seems you weren't logged in when you submitted it so it didn't link it to your account.
mike
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 19 Mar 2015, 13:16

@Mike, sorry to bother you with this again (I'm thinking about taking a bit of time off now, so I'll leave you in peace for a while). I'm trying to submit Garruk, the Veil-Cursed through Firemind, but it's returning an error. What should I do? It's a bit of an uncommon card - for instance, it doesn't have a casting cost. I thought it could be related to that.

Error says: "We're sorry, but something went wrong. If you are the application owner check the logs for more information."
PalladiaMors

Postby mike » 19 Mar 2015, 13:20

Yeah, I got the error mails. Seems to be an encoding issue. Something in there is not UTF-8 compatible:

Mysql2::Error: Incorrect string value: '\xE2\x88\x921: ...' for column 'config' at row 1:

With the information available to me from the log I can't figure out what the issue is. I'd recommend you try sanitizing the script first or try putting it in an editor that can save it as UTF-8
mike
Programmer

Postby muppet » 21 Mar 2015, 09:42

duels aren't running in case you didn't know. ok seem to be going now thanks.
muppet
Tester

Postby PalladiaMors » 29 Mar 2015, 14:38

The useless stats post!

New cards with a 4+ Gatherer rating:

White: Land Tax, Emerge Unscathed, Shelter, Feat of Resistance

Blue: Land Equilibrium, Thoughtcast, Broodstar, Vexing Sphinx, Hydroblast, Distortion Strike, Qumulox, Foil

Black: Dystopia, Desolation Angel, Korlash, Heir to Blackblade, Virulent Swipe, Forsaken Wastes

Green: Undergrowth, Khalni Hydra, Tooth and Nail, Baru, Fist of Krosa, Jolrael, Empress of Beasts

Red: Pyroblast, Worldgorger Dragon, Staggershock, Varchild's War-Riders, Skullscorch, Chain Lightning

Multicolored: Butcher of the Horde, Rakdos Charm, Momir Vig, Simic Visionary

Lands: Glacial Chasm, Thawing Glaciers

Artifacts: Tangle Wire, Powder Keg, Draco, Frogmite, Feldon's Cane, Oblivion Stone, Razor Golem, Myr Enforcer, Phyrexian Soulgorger, Tangle Golem

Best card in this release (per Gatherer): Land Tax
Worst card in this release (per Gatherer): Spiritual Sanctuary
Coolest card in this release (per me): Rakdos the Defiler

Global stats - number of new cards per type/color:

White: 63 Blue: 55 Black: 49 Green: 44 Red: 57

Artifacts(noncreature): 14 Creatures: 202 Enchantments: 29 Instants: 50 Lands: 4 Planeswalkers: 2 Sorceries: 30

Sets with most new cards:

Dragons of Tarkir: 98
Fate Reforged: 37
Mirrodin: 19
PalladiaMors

Postby ShawnieBoy » 31 Mar 2015, 15:17

I've noticed that the current game logs on Firemind aren't very useful at the moment - I'm willing to give you a hand @Mike to do some parsing on them to return them to their former glory :)
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby muppet » 31 Mar 2015, 15:38

and you missed Jace, the Mind Sculptor in the list of good cards.
muppet
Tester

Postby PalladiaMors » 31 Mar 2015, 16:30

^ He somehow wasn't rated above 4. The only reason I can imagine for that is that people in Gatherer were trolling. Gatherer rating really isn't 100% reliable. Hopefully he'll help balance blue in Firemind, although I guess it's a bit of a technical card and I'm not sure I trust the AI with him. We'll see how he does there.

I had a look at the planeswalkers to check if there's anything else feasible there. Magarena is now nearing two thirds of the card pool, but the planeswalkers, which tend to be highly sought-after cards by players, are still stuck at 30%. The problem is that every one of them is a huge wall of text, and the chance that a card like that stumbles at some point with something that's not supported is higher. I spotted Sorin, Solemn Visitor which I'm sure is viable, but the emblem ability looks complex and I don't think I'm capable of coding him.

I've got a doubt, also: usually, transformed version of cards seem to be filtered out by Magarena (for example, you can't find Insectile Aberration in the card explorer, just Delver). However, the Garruk Relentless/Veil-Cursed duo was left out. Is that intentional?
PalladiaMors

Postby ShawnieBoy » 31 Mar 2015, 16:34

PalladiaMors wrote:^ He somehow wasn't rated above 4. The only reason I can imagine for that is that people in Gatherer were trolling. Gatherer rating really isn't 100% reliable. Hopefully he'll help balance blue in Firemind, although I guess it's a bit of a technical card and I'm not sure I trust the AI with him. We'll see how he does there.

I had a look at the planeswalkers to check if there's anything else feasible there. Magarena is now nearing two thirds of the card pool, but the planeswalkers, which tend to be highly sought-after cards by players, are still stuck at 30%. The problem is that every one of them is a huge wall of text, and the chance that a card like that stumbles at some point with something that's not supported is higher. I spotted Sorin, Solemn Visitor which I'm sure is viable, but the emblem ability looks complex and I don't think I'm capable of coding him.

I've got a doubt, also: usually, transformed version of cards seem to be filtered out by Magarena (for example, you can't find Insectile Aberration in the card explorer, just Delver). However, the Garruk Relentless/Veil-Cursed duo was left out. Is that intentional?
One thing to bear in mind with the gatherer ratings, is that they are set specific. Jace, the Mind Sculptor was recently reprinted in Vintage Masters. His previous printings are rated 4 stars.
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby Lodici » 31 Mar 2015, 16:51

PalladiaMors wrote:I've got a doubt, also: usually, transformed version of cards seem to be filtered out by Magarena (for example, you can't find Insectile Aberration in the card explorer, just Delver). However, the Garruk Relentless/Veil-Cursed duo was left out. Is that intentional?
By explorer I think you mean deck editor. All terms work in the Card Explorer but in the deck editor only the front face can be found via the search, even Garruk Relentless. This is because when adding such a card to a deck you only add the front face. It is inconsistent but I am not sure how to update the UI so that it can handle double-sided cards more elegantly. Suggestions welcome (on another thread please). Incidentally you can click on the image of a double-side card to flip it to the otherside. EDIT - I have added task 146 to look more into this.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby mike » 31 Mar 2015, 19:33

I've noticed that the current game logs on Firemind aren't very useful at the moment - I'm willing to give you a hand @Mike to do some parsing on them to return them to their former glory
I'm happy to take you up on that ;)

The parsing is actually shamefully rudimentary. It's all done in this file: https://gist.github.com/firemind/e55859fe9904930627d9

I've been meaning to write a proper parsing library that can create an object structure from which statistical analysis and flexible rendering is possible and release that as a ruby gem for use outside of firemind. Sadly I seem to never get around to it. Currently the Mulligan NN and the AI Rating Matches take up all of my firemind time.

If you have a quick fix or even some improvements that would be great though!
mike
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 13 Apr 2015, 15:08

@Mike, I'm trying to submit Breaching Leviathan, but the name isn't showing in the submission page's list. It doesn't allow me to fill in the name by myself, saying that it requires a valid name. When you have some time, could you please have a look at it? Thanks a bunch.
PalladiaMors

Postby mike » 13 Apr 2015, 15:45

Apparently I haven't yet added the commander 2015 cards. Should get around to it in a day or so.
mike
Programmer

Postby ShawnieBoy » 14 Apr 2015, 09:38

mike wrote:Apparently I haven't yet added the commander 2015 cards. Should get around to it in a day or so.
Ooh, cards from the future... (I'm just teasing ;))
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Magarena