It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:56

Text Size

Bug reports

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug reports

Postby jerichopumpkin » 11 Aug 2014, 17:28

had Guard Gomazoa and Sacred Wolf in play. I used them to block a creature with power 2 and no matter which order I choose the blocking creatures, Sacred Wolf died as a result of the combat. If I remember well, The players do not get do distribute the damage, so, Guard Gomazoa is supposed to absorb all the damage (since it has a thoughness of 3). Any clues on what is going on?
jerichopumpkin

Postby melvin » 12 Aug 2014, 03:33

I'm unable to replicate this.

Tried with Guard Gomazoa and Sacred Wolf blocking Grizzly Bears, with Guard Gomazoa as first blocker (appears on the left), both survived and Grizzly Bears is destoryed.

Blocking with Sacred Wolf first than Guard Gomazoa, both Sacred Wolf and Grizzly Bears are destroyed.
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby muppet » 12 Aug 2014, 08:59

They did in fact remove damage on the stack as something you could respond to a while back about when mana burn went. They being Wizards. So the only other common one you will find different is the block put damage on the stack and then sacrifice doesn't work any more, e.g. Mogg Fanatic.
muppet
Tester

Postby PalladiaMors » 13 Aug 2014, 20:26

I was trying to do Winter Orb based on Stoic Angel's script and noticed a problem with Angel. According to gatherer you shouldn't be able to untap multiple creatures due to multiple Angels in play, but the way it's currently coded, you're able to do that. Also means that the script unfortunately can't be used for the other four "can't untap more than one" cards I found.
PalladiaMors

Postby muppet » 16 Aug 2014, 14:19

Snapcaster Mage gave no option to target Dismember in gy because I only had 2 mana spare but I think you shd be able to pay for flashback Phyrexian mana with life. Not sure if you can fix this but thought I would mention it.
muppet
Tester

Postby ShawnieBoy » 16 Aug 2014, 20:36

PalladiaMors wrote:I was trying to do Winter Orb based on Stoic Angel's script and noticed a problem with Angel. According to gatherer you shouldn't be able to untap multiple creatures due to multiple Angels in play, but the way it's currently coded, you're able to do that. Also means that the script unfortunately can't be used for the other four "can't untap more than one" cards I found.
You're right - the code for Stoic Angel isn't perfect. This would require a static ability that restricted the amount you can untap, instead of making everything not able to untap, and then choosing.

muppet wrote:Snapcaster Mage gave no option to target Dismember in gy because I only had 2 mana spare but I think you shd be able to pay for flashback Phyrexian mana with life. Not sure if you can fix this but thought I would mention it.
I think this may be because of the current implementation of Phyrexian mana as an alternative casting cost.
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby jerichopumpkin » 18 Aug 2014, 19:02

Noxious Hatchling comes into play with four +1/+1 counters instead of -1/-1 counters. Didn't check the other hatchlings
jerichopumpkin

Postby ShawnieBoy » 18 Aug 2014, 19:54

jerichopumpkin wrote:Noxious Hatchling comes into play with four +1/+1 counters instead of -1/-1 counters. Didn't check the other hatchlings
Was the only one that wanted to buck the trend, submitted a fix - Nice find.
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby jerichopumpkin » 19 Aug 2014, 07:43

ShawnieBoy wrote:
jerichopumpkin wrote:Noxious Hatchling comes into play with four +1/+1 counters instead of -1/-1 counters. Didn't check the other hatchlings
Was the only one that wanted to buck the trend, submitted a fix - Nice find.
was quite the surprise when the AI pulled out a 10/10 monster with wither on the fourth turn... :wink:
jerichopumpkin

Postby hong yie » 19 Aug 2014, 10:19

was quite the surprise when the AI pulled out a 10/10 monster with wither on the fourth turn... :wink:
i have several decks capable to do just that, though it doesn't always works. depends on first hand mostly.
hong yie
Programmer

Postby jerichopumpkin » 19 Aug 2014, 11:23

hong yie wrote:
i have several decks capable to do just that, though it doesn't always works. depends on first hand mostly.
yeah, but you don't expect the same in a random deck with two random colors...
jerichopumpkin

Postby PalladiaMors » 21 Aug 2014, 22:54

Monte Carlo (and I think Vegas as well) very consistently casts "target player sacrifices a creature" spells (Diabolic Edict, Chainer's Edict, Devour Flesh) when there are no creatures in play. I've no idea how to solve this, maybe some kind of hint for the AI could be added to the cards?
PalladiaMors

Postby jerichopumpkin » 22 Aug 2014, 09:30

Conjurer's Bauble can't be activated if your graveyard is empty

edit: Walking Archive ability triggers at the beginning of the draw step instead of upkeep
jerichopumpkin

Postby ShawnieBoy » 22 Aug 2014, 13:44

jerichopumpkin wrote:Conjurer's Bauble can't be activated if your graveyard is empty

edit: Walking Archive ability triggers at the beginning of the draw step instead of upkeep
Ah yes, looks like someone missed out the sneaky 'up to one' *ahem* 8-[

I've submitted a fix for the Walking Archive, the Conjurer's Bauble may take a bit more work.

Thanks again for the bug-hunting!
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby ShawnieBoy » 22 Aug 2014, 13:49

PalladiaMors wrote:Monte Carlo (and I think Vegas as well) very consistently casts "target player sacrifices a creature" spells (Diabolic Edict, Chainer's Edict, Devour Flesh) when there are no creatures in play. I've no idea how to solve this, maybe some kind of hint for the AI could be added to the cards?
This has been a bit of a problem for a while. As they target a player/opponent, there's no current target picker that would fix that (From a scripting point of view). It's only really checking to see if the target is valid.

An option for groovy versions would be to have an Artificial Condition (a condition that only applies to the AI and doesn't restrict Player casting), for the opponent controlling a permanent of the sacrificed type.

Code: Select all
new MagicArtificialCondition(MagicConditionFactory.OpponentControl(MagicTargetFilterFactory.CREATURE))
Hopefully Melvin might be able to do some code-magic with the AI for these scenarios. :)
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Magarena