It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:35

Text Size

Manalink Update April 24 2009 - EXPERMIENTAL

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Manalink Update April 24 2009 - EXPERMIENTAL

Postby Tower_Mazer » 30 Apr 2009, 03:25

jatill wrote:
Tower_Mazer wrote:I don't think it's to broken but maybe the hand size but it's 100% original and probably undoable. We have to give it to you though since you added so much life and cards to this game.
Hmm... 53 lands, black lotus, channel, fireball. Sounds a little broken ;)
Well that would be an instant loss as you wouldn't have 10 cards to draw. But obviously easy to get around that. So I guess I was way off. I based it on a card I made up eons ago called:
Crawl of the Worms casting cost I don't remember but I'd say like 4BB
Enchantment
Cumulative Upkeep sacrifice 2 Swamps
When Crawl of the Worms comes into play remove all the swamps from your hand, library, and graveyard and put them into play tapped.
When Crawl of the Worms leaves play remove all Swamps you control in play and in your graveyard from the game.

Anyway here is the edited version and reedited again
Jatill Avatar
Hand Size +3
Life+10
Pay 2 life: Search you library for a basic land and put it into play tapped shuffle your library. Use this ability only when you could cast a sorcery.
"Their cities were as vast as the stars. Destroying this empire may prove impossible"
- Sliver Queen

[Edit I changed the land to basic only now and comes into play tapped. Removed skip drawing a card and can be used multiple times a turn. Also changed life cost to 2 instead of 1. I think this version is much better.]

Here is the Planeswalker version
Jatill 2G
+2: Draw a card reveal it, if it's a land put it into play tapped otherwise place it on the bottom of your library.
-1: Search your library for a basic land and put it into play.
-XX: Search your library for X land(s) and put them into play tapped.
Loyalty 5

[EDIT]
If I made one after myself here's what it would be:
Painweaver Avatar
Hand Size +3
Life -10
Whenever you would take damage instead gain that much life.
Whenever you gain life lose 5 life at the end of turn.

"There was more blood than a Polar Kraken fed 4 Goblin Bombs"
-Serendib Djinn

This could be pretty interesting I think.
Last edited by Tower_Mazer on 30 Apr 2009, 14:14, edited 3 times in total.
Tower_Mazer

Postby jatill » 30 Apr 2009, 12:20

Heh, your Painweaver Avatar is pretty cool.
I'm hoping that you learn enough here that you can be the one to add Plansewalkers to the game. I'm pretty sure they're doable, except for the whole new permanent type thing. But Enchantment Plansewalkers wouldn't be so terrible, just like Enchantment Vanguard Avatars. Just have to remove all Disenchants from the game ;)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Tower_Mazer » 30 Apr 2009, 12:55

jatill wrote:Heh, your Painweaver Avatar is pretty cool.
I'm hoping that you learn enough here that you can be the one to add Plansewalkers to the game. I'm pretty sure they're doable, except for the whole new permanent type thing. But Enchantment Plansewalkers wouldn't be so terrible, just like Enchantment Vanguard Avatars. Just have to remove all Disenchants from the game ;)
Yeah that would be sweet. The hardest part would be to have them be able to be attacked. Also it might be hard to have it take damage as an enchantment. I'd probably make it an artifact/creature that can't be disenchanted ect Triskelion as a defender would be a good base for this maybe?. with some kind of Raging River effect for attacks. I hope I learn that much also. With enough information and time I'm sure that would be easy compared to say adding a new map to Shandalar and new cards (which I'm willing to bet both are doable). I have 6 more classes until I finish. After that I'll be a Journeyman Electrician and will have more time to teach myself another way to script (which I should of learned C a long time ago!). If I could decompile all the cards not in the cards dir as C txt for comparison I'd understand how this game's code structure works better.
Tower_Mazer

Postby Bog Wraith » 30 Apr 2009, 13:40

Looks like you might be the guy we're looking for TM!

If you could learn what has to be done for getting the cards1.dat file that Snacko mentioned readied to accept all the new cards into Shandalar, as well as some of the other things you have discussed with jatill, ManaLink could take the next BIG step forward. Your motivated and open to learning what you need to know how to do these things.

This along with the way I have seen you chime in with posts here in helping folks has shown what an asset you are to us all.

We're very fortunate to have you on our team! 8)
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Previous

Return to Patches