It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:23

Text Size

ManaLink Updates & Info

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: ManaLink Updates & Info

Postby EviL_CLonE » 01 Mar 2009, 15:36

Jatill: Could your update include every card created up to the date, so it would be easier for people to install it? Right now there are 2 or 3 different updates and it is a bit confusing for new people, and would be nicer if they only have to install one update after ML2.
EviL_CLonE

Postby jatill » 01 Mar 2009, 15:49

EviL_CLonE wrote:Jatill: Could your update include every card created up to the date, so it would be easier for people to install it? Right now there are 2 or 3 different updates and it is a bit confusing for new people, and would be nicer if they only have to install one update after ML2.
Yeah, I've been doing that for the last month...
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 01 Mar 2009, 18:23

:-|

How have you been able to write so much in only a couple of hours? LOL! :D

Anyway, please, give me the time to upload my cards too. ok that Jatill's had already done (thank you 4 pump knights, really!) but doing it another time would really be consuming!!
0rion79

Postby jatill » 01 Mar 2009, 19:54

0rion79 wrote::-|

How have you been able to write so much in only a couple of hours? LOL! :D

Anyway, please, give me the time to upload my cards too. ok that Jatill's had already done (thank you 4 pump knights, really!) but doing it another time would really be consuming!!
I write the cards over the whole week and then upload them. Believe me I'm not that fast :)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 02 Mar 2009, 00:09

heheh :D For sure better than me... I have a "fuel" called Harry&Draggamor behind me! I'm lucky that they are here else, alone, I would have coded 1/2 of the cards.
I have completed my mod: tomorrow night I will upload it so, modders, if somebody wants to release his/her pack, wait a little bit more until then.
Anyway, I'm happy because I have completed some as Wildfire Emissary or Zuberi, Golden Feather. C u tomorrow.. time to go to sleep here!!
0rion79

Postby 0rion79 » 02 Mar 2009, 17:36

Latest manalink release:
Download link:
http://www.savefile.com/files/2023507

Okkay: I've done it and - ta-dah!! - I've decided that I won't modd anymore because I've realized how difficult it is. Most of the cards that I like may be very similar to some that already exists in the game but even small differences may lead to unexpected HUGE difficulties for me, so I prefer to help with what I know that I can do (does eating pizza couts?! LOL! :mrgreen: )
Anyway, thanks to the patience and the help of Harry and Draggamor, that have given me precious advices, I have managed to complete a good list of cards with very few approximations (and still closed to 90% of the oridinal cards, as we have decided time ago in the old forum) that are mainly oriented for "old school" players and fans of creature-based thematic decks (now you can make a decent minotaur, bird or griffin deck! :)) so don't expect ultra-powerful or too complex cards even if old cards as Wildfire Emissary may still be very effective.

Once more... I leave "my" included cards in the hands of more expert moddes (Daggmagor in primis), so if you can find more effective codes, or see bugs or can fix problems that I have not been able to, please feel free to do them without asking, ok? About that, I've agreed with Draggamor that, when he will feel ready, he will also come on homeland set, so don't remove the free spaces to Homeland cards as baron Sengir that I have not been able to code, because are in for this purpose.

Also, jatill, since you have coded the Pump knights, can you make one more stepp and make the new versions of them that gain flying instead than first strike? I like especially the black one because it is a zombie too, not only a knight... :P

Fixes: fixed minor cards as Marhaud Elsdragon and Frost Giant's power; improved filters for the deck editor (many cards were missing associations for their abilities)

Card list:
Abbey Gargoyle
Anaba Spirit Crafter
Autumn Willow* (can't "loose" shroud)
Aysen Crusader
Death Speakers
Eron the Relentless
Narwhal
Soraya the Falconer* (mass banding, since it is not known yet how to set "target creature type gains...")
Wall of Kelp
Angelic Curator
Malach of the Dawn
Voice of Duty
Voice of Grace
Voice of Law
Voice of Reason
Voice of Truth
Warrior Angel
Ashcoat Bear
Pale Bear
Striped Bears
Windreaper Falcon
Wild Aesthir
Guma
Algae Gharial
Pearl Dragon* (have been unable to turn wildifre emissary effect into +0/+1. If you want, mana is already ok (1W) and you find the code line at 0120294E. Until I can't find a solution, it has Aven Flock effect).
Volcanic Dragon
Wildfire Emissary
Thundering Giant
Ekundu Griffin
Teremko Griffin
Wild Griffin
Zuberi, Golden Feather
Sandstone Warrior
Storm Shaman
Jeska, Warrior Adept
Scalebane's elite
Hawkeater Moth
Pincher Beetles
Deadly Insect
Balduvian War-Makers
Balduvian Horde
Rootwater Hunter
Manta Riders
Sanguine Guard
Order of Yawgmoth
Zombie Outlander
Unyaro Bee Sting
Vitalizing Cascade
0rion79

Postby mathusalem » 02 Mar 2009, 18:39

Nice update ! Thanks Orion, I'm quite impressed ! :D :D
mathusalem

Postby Bog Wraith » 02 Mar 2009, 18:57

I'm going to copy and place 0rion79's update into the current Update Sticky.

Please DON'T Post any update links here!

Again I want to keep everything organized so I ask, please post any updates under the current update sticky that has a date on it, as is the case with the current one:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=912

I might have to start a new thread that is strictly for info and chatter in regards to updates and lock this topic down. I REALLY want to keep things neat, organized and easy for all our members to access!
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby 0rion79 » 02 Mar 2009, 19:14

Sorry BW, I was so tired from work that I've forgot to follow this new rule!
0rion79

Postby Bog Wraith » 02 Mar 2009, 20:05

No need to apologize Orion. I'm just trying to get all of us out of the bad habits we all had at the old place.

Your contribution and effort is most appreciated my friend! =D>

BTW, as for your update, well done!
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby 0rion79 » 06 Mar 2009, 07:25

People, I would like to propose here an alternative to the actual CSV/Cards.dat file: I've removed 5th edition (that was too similar to 4th, with missing cards and others that are already very well known to players) and I've replaced it with 2 different versions:
One has an all-random sealed deck deck option in the place of 5th edition (not being able to change the name, sorry)
The other one instead uses 5th edition slot to include ONLY our cards in sealed deck and, wonder what? Thanks to Mok that had previously set 5th edition to have lands, it is possible to play OUR cards as a stand-alone set! :)
And, considering that we have included a very high number of creature, artifacts, enchantments and land-removing cards, it really is a self-sufficient expansion set :)

I think that this option is much better because with the all-random option, there is a too high risk of getting the same, already known (and often boring, as pearled unicorn) cards that we have already used tons and tons of times.

Fixes
I've also fixed elite archers that were archers and not soldiers and I've fixed the Aswan Jaguard targeting list, that was still using the pre-mok list, asking to kill eg. an Alladin instead than a Human Rogue.

The download link is still the same: http://www.savefile.com/files/2027714

Please, remember to make a back up of your files in the case that you don't like the changes, but i think that you will because now we have an ordered deckbuilder with working filters and we can use ALL our cards in sealed deck too.
0rion79

Postby jatill » 06 Mar 2009, 13:11

0rion79 wrote:People, I would like to propose here an alternative to the actual CSV/Cards.dat file: I've removed 5th edition (that was too similar to 4th, with missing cards and others that are already very well known to players) and I've replaced it with 2 different versions:
One has an all-random sealed deck deck option in the place of 5th edition (not being able to change the name, sorry)
The other one instead uses 5th edition slot to include ONLY our cards in sealed deck and, wonder what? Thanks to Mok that had previously set 5th edition to have lands, it is possible to play OUR cards as a stand-alone set! :)
And, considering that we have included a very high number of creature, artifacts, enchantments and land-removing cards, it really is a self-sufficient expansion set :)

I think that this option is much better because with the all-random option, there is a too high risk of getting the same, already known (and often boring, as pearled unicorn) cards that we have already used tons and tons of times.

Fixes
I've also fixed elite archers that were archers and not soldiers and I've fixed the Aswan Jaguard targeting list, that was still using the pre-mok list, asking to kill eg. an Alladin instead than a Human Rogue.

The download link is still the same: http://www.savefile.com/files/2027714

Please, remember to make a back up of your files in the case that you don't like the changes, but i think that you will because now we have an ordered deckbuilder with working filters and we can use ALL our cards in sealed deck too.
I prefer the previous "all random" approah. I like the chance of getting moxes in sealed :) I was going to suggest clobbering 4th edition in order to use for our cards. Thoughts?
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 06 Mar 2009, 14:32

Jatill, in the last pack that I have update, you can choose which way you like more. I have added 2 different versions of the CSV file. I like the idea of getting moxes too but, then, isn't it better to choose unlimited and 5th/manalin2.0 edition packs in the deck editor? Because using the all-random CSV file, you would also get the Legends, the Dark and a lot of junk cards that you may want to avoid...

Anyway, if we could reply what Mok did (adding 5th and 8th edition booster packs to sealed deck) would be an optimal solution because we could have as many formats as we want. But, in the mean time, I would suggest to keep two CSV files and then players can choose what they want. After all, for card builders, it is only a 5 secons matter to make a "copy & paste" from 1 CSV to the other! :)
0rion79

Postby jatill » 06 Mar 2009, 14:55

0rion79 wrote:Jatill, in the last pack that I have update, you can choose which way you like more. I have added 2 different versions of the CSV file. I like the idea of getting moxes too but, then, isn't it better to choose unlimited and 5th/manalin2.0 edition packs in the deck editor? Because using the all-random CSV file, you would also get the Legends, the Dark and a lot of junk cards that you may want to avoid...

Anyway, if we could reply what Mok did (adding 5th and 8th edition booster packs to sealed deck) would be an optimal solution because we could have as many formats as we want. But, in the mean time, I would suggest to keep two CSV files and then players can choose what they want. After all, for card builders, it is only a 5 secons matter to make a "copy & paste" from 1 CSV to the other! :)
It's still a hassle. I think we need to settle on just 1 version. Since you're the one making the changes right now, I think your vote wins :) Are you making your changes manually or using some script? Maybe one of the programmers could make an exe that flips the csv from one version to the other.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 06 Mar 2009, 14:57

I'm doing it manually. it is not that hard, with Excell. it is less than 1 hour to change all the whole CSV file...
Anyway, if we could understand how Mok did include 8th edition, we would be on the ride because we could add as many expansions as we want.
And I don't want to push anybody... GMZombie, shall we try to make a vote using a pool?
0rion79

PreviousNext

Return to Patches