It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 02:20

Text Size

ManaLink Updates & Info

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: ManaLink Updates & Info

Postby jatill » 06 Mar 2009, 16:23

0rion79 wrote:I'm doing it manually. it is not that hard, with Excell. it is less than 1 hour to change all the whole CSV file...
Anyway, if we could understand how Mok did include 8th edition, we would be on the ride because we could add as many expansions as we want.
And I don't want to push anybody... GMZombie, shall we try to make a vote using a pool?
Agreed that adding new editions would be best, but who knows when we'll find a programmer interested in doing that. For the mean time, let's code all new cards in whatever set we think is best, and also in 5th edition. (I assume you removed all existing cards from 5th, right?) Then, someone day someone can write a script that can either

1) temporarily flip all cards to 5th so we can have super random, or
2) move all 'new' cards to astral, so we can play original sets without new cards

The script would take me about 10 minutes to write in perl, but that doesn't make executable files.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 06 Mar 2009, 16:31

Agreed! :wink:
Put OUR cards in Astral set for deckbuilder and use 5th edition slot (cleaned by previous cards) for sealed decks!

You know? I have already tried to play one of them and it is really hard because there are a lot of powerful cards, but it is a real challenge!!
0rion79

Postby Snacko » 06 Mar 2009, 18:26

There can be only 16 sets defined, adding new ones should be pretty easy.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby Draggamor » 06 Mar 2009, 22:09

Why not replace sets for blocks? Instead of 4th, 5th, or 8th, there could be just 'Basic sets'

The rest of the sets could be replaced as blocks. I.E. 'Ice Age' block would have all cards from Ice Age, Alliances, and Coldsnap
Draggamor

Postby 0rion79 » 07 Mar 2009, 07:29

Yes, Draggamor, this is something that I had proposed on the old forum and that would be a good solution if we should ever be in short of "buttons" in the deck editor. Then, we could add sub-filters as the ones that separate unlimited, revised and 4th edition.

But we are not at this point yet and, since we are not developing any FULL set, but more random cards accordingly to our possibilities, there is not this emergency. Instead, there is the need to keep together our cards (that now are really so many) and to allow their use in sealed deck at the same time, so 5th edition was the best candidate to be sacrificed to make space for our cards (even because it was not so popular due to the removal of some cool cards from 4th, that was already weakened a lot).

About removing 8th edition and including its cars in "basic block", I don't think that it is a good idea NOW (but maybe in future) because, in our game, we don't have the original blocks that contains cards now included in 8th edition, that are too unique and new and (imho) should stay separated from unlimited.

Anyway, if Snacko can effectively activate all of 16 sealed deck blocks, we can reserve one of them for our cards and another one for "all random" sealed deck, and we can have. Actually we have 5 used for starters with lands and 10 used for booster packs, so... 6 still free?? :-|
0rion79

Postby thedrigo » 07 Mar 2009, 23:09

i made the pump knights from ice age, Knight of Stromgald and Order of the White Shield using the tutorial, but i dont know which files to put in a zip file. (I really don't know anything about this computer business, I study law :? ). I know it's not Necropotence or something particularly meaningful but it's my little contribution to this awesome effort. :)
So if somebody could tell me which files to put up I'll do it as soon as I find out.
thedrigo

Postby jatill » 08 Mar 2009, 04:49

thedrigo wrote:i made the pump knights from ice age, Knight of Stromgald and Order of the White Shield using the tutorial, but i dont know which files to put in a zip file. (I really don't know anything about this computer business, I study law :? ). I know it's not Necropotence or something particularly meaningful but it's my little contribution to this awesome effort. :)
So if somebody could tell me which files to put up I'll do it as soon as I find out.
From the tutorial: The last thing you'll want to do is share your card with the world. To do this, zip up the following files: Magic.exe, Manalink.csv, Cards.dat, and the image you created. Voila, you are a productive member of the slightymagic community.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby thedrigo » 08 Mar 2009, 07:51

yeah, totally skipped that part... hehe, sorry.
Well, here's the little little contribution by me: http://www.savefile.com/files/2031306
I also fixed the casting cost error on Wildfire, it was 4RRRR and the correct casting cost is 4RR.
Enjoy!
thedrigo

Postby FranAvalon » 08 Mar 2009, 10:48

check the file. I found a virus on the magic.exe ^^
It was removed by the anti-virus and works perfectly
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby mathusalem » 08 Mar 2009, 11:02

Ok so I'm not ther only one who had the surprise ! yep there's a virus allright
mathusalem

Postby Bog Wraith » 08 Mar 2009, 14:27

ok, one last time!

Please DON"T post any files in this thread!

Whoever has an update or some new cards that they added that they want to post for the community, post it under the current dated update sticky, which now is "Manalink Update Mar 1 2009 ":

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=912

I'm going to copy and paste thedrigo's update their.

For those who missed or didn't read my thread in the Announcement Thread, here please read:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=892

I'm going to lock this thread if this happens again. I think it might be a good idea to this anyway and start a new one that is labeled and strictly for, info & discussion. Also, this thread is becoming too long with too many pages and it shows that people either don't read or forget info that was posted in the earlier pages.

So again I ask once more, please try and follow what we're all trying to do here and keep things as organized and easy for all members to find.

Thanks.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT

There is a new update release-
ManaLink Update 8/Mar/2009:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=943

It is now the current sticky, so please post all your new updates there.

Thanks!
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby thedrigo » 08 Mar 2009, 16:16

Bog Wraith, sorry about the post, i totally forgot... it was like 2 am here when i put it up.

The rest of the guys, sorry about the virus... don't know what happened there. But enjoy!
thedrigo

Postby Bog Wraith » 08 Mar 2009, 19:40

It's ok, I'm not singling anyone out.

All of us got into some bad habits at the old forum that made finding things painful for most people.
I just want everyone to get used to doing this the right way and make it easy for all of us, especially folks that don't post here often themselves,( which is the majority of members at any forum BTW), to find the new updates.

I will eventually "retire" this thread and start a new one for info & discussion. Again for members who drop by infrequently, looking at a thread with multiple pages, especially with allot of new posts since their last visit, is a daunting task for them. That's one of the main reasons I want to keep threads short 'n sweet!

Thanks again to all of you for your patience and cooperation. I think I'm safe in saying that this new home of ours is a comfortable fit for all and I'm really encouraged by all that has happened here in just under the 2 weeks since most of you all have joined here. 8)
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Previous

Return to Patches