It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 04:56

Text Size

Manalink update 2009-03-14

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Manalink update 2009-03-14

Postby 0rion79 » 14 Mar 2009, 10:52

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.savefile.com/files/2023507

Hello, this is my latest release (after Evil Clone's).

I have added only 1 card: Tahngart, Talruum Champion (which has given me some troubles, mah!), but I have intensively focused upon CSV file for even greater performances and a more ordered deck builder (try to disable all sets except the Astral one) and about filters.

1st of all, I've made a very important discovery: when you add a new artifact creature, the first column of the creature type must be reserved for the code 44, that separates artifact creatures from non-artifact ones in the deck builder. So, except special cases, use ONLY the second column to specify the creature type (construct, golem, juggernaut ecc.)
2nd, I've spent some time to fix the ability filters for all of our creatures. I don't know why, but some of them had crazy associations, as Blinking Spirit with flying, while others simply hadn't their abilities as marked in the CSV for filters.
3rd, I did some more marginal fixes: Carven cariatid is a defender but NOT a wall and Anestor's Chosen had swampwalk instead than first strike ecc. and I've included 3 missing card arts. Mathusalem, if you can provide better ones with high-res, please go ahead.

I was also wished to add White Shield Crusader and Stromgald Crusader, but the code is too long so I don't know how to replace first strike with flying. If anybody of you wants to try, the CSV file is already ready for them.

Aslo, I've included 1 more folder in the RAR archieve that stores the "classic" version of the CSV/Cards.dat file with our cards scattered among all the sets for the oplayers that don't like to have all of our cards gathered in the Astral/5th edition set. I would ask other modders to keep both versions in the RAR archive as I do (after all, it is a 5 seconds matter to "copy & paste" with Excell) for those players as GMZombie or me that feel the need of more order in the deck builder. Thank you.
The other folder (Card Abilities) keeps the export of Tahngart in case that somebody feels the need to move his coded ability somewhere else in the Magic.exe file.

Who's next? :)

PS: a lot of thanx to LoneFox that took some time to merge my work into his work, even if I didn't respect the turn :)

Also, I think that this list may be helpful to you:

CSV databale ability numbers:
1 = banding
2 = desert nomad ability
3 = first strike
4 = flying
5 = forestwalk
6 = attacking does not tap
7 = ?
8 = legendary landwalk
9 = mountainwalk
10 = plainswalk
11 = poison
12 = black ward*
13 = red ward*
14 = white ward*
15 = haste
16 = rampage
17 = regenerate
18 = basilik
19 = swampwalk
20 = trample
21 = web

* Blue and green wards are unknown: for deckbuilding purposes, you can use 12, 13 or 14 in order to have blue and green warded creatures figuring into the right filter. The same for landwalk abilities.

22 = give banding
23 = gives first strike
24 = gives flying
25 = gives forestwalk
26 = gives islandwalk
28 = gives mountainwalk
29 = gives (X) landwalk - giant slug only
32 = gives "attacking does not tap"
35 = gives white ward
36 = gives haste
37 = gives ?
38 = gives regenerate
39 = gives basilisk
40 = gives swampwalk
41 = gives trample
42 = gives web

hack color / Mode
4 / 7 island
2 / 3 swamp
Last edited by 0rion79 on 14 Mar 2009, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.
0rion79

Re: Manalink update 2009-03-14

Postby mathusalem » 14 Mar 2009, 12:05

Legendary landwalk....that means Lyvonia Sylone can be done !.... Not the most mindboggling Legend, but a nice Nostalgic addition :)

Woa ! Tahngart is an old darling of mine, I was looking at the card just yesterday to ponder wether or not to add it to a revamped wishlist ! :) thanks orion !
mathusalem

Postby jatill » 14 Mar 2009, 12:37

mathusalem wrote:Legendary landwalk....that means Lyvonia Sylone can be done !.... Not the most mindboggling Legend, but a nice Nostalgic addition :)

Woa ! Tahngart is an old darling of mine, I was looking at the card just yesterday to ponder wether or not to add it to a revamped wishlist ! :) thanks orion !

EDIT : Wait, Orion you put your cads on Evil clone's update !
the one he released yesterday ! You forgot that update
Another clobbering issue, seriously? Orion- I'll wait until Sunday to start adding my cards, so if you want your release to become "official", please re-update by then. Otherwise I'm going to build from evil clone's work, and you'll have to patch yours in later.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 14 Mar 2009, 12:41

Yes, thanks for warning be but this is very strange, because when Jatill told me that I had to wait for Lone fox, I have written my name on the Wiki the same day, and there was no track of any Evil Clone to add new cards so it is not me this time that did not respect the turn.
It is ok to follow rules, but then rules have to be the same for everybody, not only for me!
Anyway, i will glady re-add cards over his ones right now but I hope that these things won't happen too often because it is really a consuming process.
0rion79

Postby jatill » 14 Mar 2009, 12:54

0rion79 wrote:Yes, thanks for warning be but this is very strange, because when Jatill told me that I had to wait for Lone fox, I have written my name on the Wiki the same day, and there was no track of any Evil Clone to add new cards so it is not me this time that did not respect the turn.
It is ok to follow rules, but then rules have to be the same for everybody, not only for me!
Anyway, i will glady re-add cards over his ones right now but I hope that these things won't happen too often because it is really a consuming process.
So here's where you ran into trouble, Orion. You never entered yourself as the active developer on the wiki. You were in the queue, but when the entry changed to 'nobody', evil clone snuck in there and changed the name to himself. So I guess the lesson is, you're only safe if it's your name in the active developer list. Thanks for being so patient and re-making your changes. I'm sure the process will get smoother soon.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby LoneFox » 14 Mar 2009, 13:09

We really need to start using some kind of version control. Things like this cannot happen if all changes go into one central repository and releases are made from there. It would protect from many other kinds of screw-ups too.
LoneFox
Programmer

Postby Snacko » 14 Mar 2009, 13:19

This could be set up with google code or other hosting, however svn has a pretty bad merging capabilities and binary files don't cope too well with revision control systems. But if all the cards are coded with yasm / c then at least the function code and Manalink.csv would greatly benefit from it.
This could however be a quite steep learning curve for some who never used any RCS software.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 14 Mar 2009, 13:53

jatill wrote:You never entered yourself as the active developer on the wiki. You were in the queue, but when the entry changed to 'nobody', evil clone snuck in there and changed the name to himself. So I guess the lesson is, you're only safe if it's your name in the active developer list. Thanks for being so patient and re-making your changes. I'm sure the process will get smoother soon.
It's ok: we are all friends here and things like that may happen. I just wonder what's the meaning of being in the queue, then: if I'm the second, for me it is normal that I will become the active modder in the same moment in which the previous one releases his/her version. It is a triggered effect :lol:

And compliments to Evil Clone for some good idea as goblin version of the keldon warlord (hope you will release it soon) and the viper.

Jatill, could you instead care about the flying versions of your knights? It would be an eyecandy to use them, really! You can find the models in the CSV file
0rion79

Postby Bog Wraith » 14 Mar 2009, 13:59

LoneFox wrote:We really need to start using some kind of version control. Things like this cannot happen if all changes go into one central repository and releases are made from there. It would protect from many other kinds of screw-ups too.
Well put LoneFox!

This is a problem that is becoming more evident with each passing day.

Please go read and respond to this new sticky I just posted.
Your input is required and needed folks!

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=979
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby 0rion79 » 14 Mar 2009, 14:18

Ok, I've re-uploaded my fixes to the CSV + Tahngarth + Evil Clone cards. The link is the same (http://www.savefile.com/files/2023507) but you should recognize it because I've changed the title specifying that there are also evil clone cards too.

Enjoy the more performing deck builder with working filters and ordered cards in Astrall Set ;)
0rion79

Return to Patches