It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 01:36

Text Size

[confirmed]Quirion Dryad (Possibly many more)

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[confirmed]Quirion Dryad (Possibly many more)

Postby HarlequinCasts » 29 Nov 2013, 14:01

Describe the Bug:
Quirion Dryad does not receive a counter when you cast an appropriate spell and the spell is then countered.

Just casting the spell should trigger the +1/+1 counter effect regardless of if it resolves. In the attached replay, cast a Sublime Archangel and the AI will Rewind it.

Similar to the current Talrand, Sky Summoner bug:
http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=12533

Which card did behave improperly ?
Quirion Dryad

Which update are you using?(date,name)Which type(Duel,Gauntlet,Sealed Deck)
PtTv1

What exactly should be the correct behavior/interaction ?
Just casting the spell should trigger the +1/+1 counter effect regardless of if it resolves.

Are any other cards possibly affected by this bug ?
There could potentially be a lot of cards that do not get this interaction correct.

For example Belligerent Hatchling also gets it wrong, so potentially so will: Blistercoil Weird, Battlegate Mimic, Balefire Liege, Deathbringer Liege, Emberstrike Duo, Gelectrode ... just to name a few quickly.
Attachments
quirion Dryad.zip
(3.12 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
bellligerent hatchling.zip
(2.41 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 02 May 2016, 14:48, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: reconfirmed bug
HarlequinCasts

Re: Quirion Dryad (Possibly many more)

Postby Korath » 29 Nov 2013, 16:51

I can see a couple approaches to this, and I'm not sure which is better.
  1. Just add the counter/do whatever other effect during EVENT_CAST_SPELL, since that gets sent to all cards. It won't be an actual trigger anymore, so won't be orderable. And we'll have to change them all back anyway if we ever get around to #2.
  2. Take the plunge and do away with interrupts. Hack the current interrupts (most notably counterspells) to target the next card down on the stack for now and see how poorly the AI deals with it.
  3. Move TRIGGER_SPELL_CAST so it's sent at the beginning of the interrupt window instead of the end. Probably the easiest overall, but no idea what else that'll break. Depends whether there are any cards worded similarly to "Whenever someone successfully casts a spell, do such-and-such", and how many cards trigger on TRIGGER_SPELL_CAST for wording that isn't "Whenever someone casts a spell".
  4. Figure out how feasible it is to add new triggers.
  5. Shrug, say "cuzza MANALINK!", and go work on something more interesting.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Re: [confirmed]Quirion Dryad (Possibly many more)

Postby Gargaroz » 29 Nov 2013, 23:54

I'll go for 3. For what I know, all the current card are worded "Whenever X cast an X spell". The "successfully cast" wording is obsolete, I run a query on magiccards.info and it seems all the rules text were been updated to the new approach.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Re: [confirmed]Quirion Dryad (Possibly many more)

Postby Korath » 21 Mar 2014, 14:36

If the current trigger's moved, we'll need a new event to deal with all the hacks that set flags on spells as they're cast.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Return to Bug Reports