It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:11

Text Size

[waitlist]Platinum Angel and set life total effects

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[waitlist]Platinum Angel and set life total effects

Postby HarlequinCasts » 19 Feb 2014, 14:09

Describe the Bug:
I understand this is an approximation but I want to at least report this particular interaction since I have not seen it before.

If you have a card like Platinum Angel (or Phyrexian Unlife) in play and have already been reduced to less than 1 life, cards that set your life total to a specific number will not work correctly (such as Form of the Dragon or Magister Sphinx).

If Platinum Angel thinks you are at -2 life (despite displaying +1 life), Magister Sphinx will set you to +8 life instead of +10 life.

I know I know its an approximation, and it actually works correctly with normal healing effects.

Which card did behave improperly ?
The set life effect probably can't correctly calculate how much life to give you due to the angel effect. It seems to be simply adding 10 (in the case of Magister Sphinx) instead of accounting for the negatives that the angel tracks.

Which update are you using?(date,name)Which type(Duel,Gauntlet,Sealed Deck)
BNG v2 Feb 2014

What exactly should be the correct behavior/interaction ?
It would be nice if the life was set to the correct amount :D

Are any other cards possibly affected by this bug ?
A bunch.
Attachments
phyrexian unlife.zip
(2.43 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 29 Apr 2016, 06:06, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: waitlisted-reconfirmed
HarlequinCasts

Re: Platinum Angel and set life total effects

Postby Korath » 19 Feb 2014, 15:12

.A variant of the known problem with Phyrexian Unlife plus an earlier Platinum Angel or similar effect (and a much harder-to-stumble-across one involving Leeches). There's no easy way to find out what your real current life total is; Platinum Angel and friends alter it much too late to take them into account.

Have been mulling over ways to get the real actual unhacked-with current life totals to display properly over on the left for a while, or alternately to suppress game loss when at or below zero life instead of making these cards artificially raise it to 1. This will fix itself in the latter case, or be much easier to fix in the former.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Return to Bug Reports