It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:30

Text Size

[confirmed]Moonmist

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[confirmed]Moonmist

Postby Korath » 05 Aug 2016, 06:27

Describe the Bug:
(Sorry, I hate bug reports that just have a cardname in them too, but there isn't any part of this card that's right.)

Moonmist currently:
  • Transforms all Human Werewolves. Even the non-dfc ones.
  • Prevents combat damage that would be dealt this turn by permanents that, at the time it's cast, are creatures, are on the battlefield, and aren't Wolves or Werewolves.
Which card did behave improperly ?
Moonmist.

Which update are you using?(date,name)Which type(Duel,Gauntlet,Sealed Deck)
Post-BFZ dev.

What exactly should be the correct behavior/interaction ?
  • Transform all Humans that are represented by double-faced cards. Not any of:Rule 711.5: "Only permanents represented by double-faced cards can transform. (See rule 701.25, "Transform.") If a spell or ability instructs a player to transform any permanent that isn't represented by a double-faced card, nothing happens.";
    Rule 701.25d: "If a spell or ability instructs a player to transform a permanent, and the face that permanent would transform into is represented by an instant or sorcery card face, nothing happens."
  • Not care at all whether the cards it's transforming are Werewolves. List of transformable non-werewolf humans (not including EMN ones yet, but there's still lots).
  • Prevent combat damage dealt any time this turn by a creature that's neither a Wolf or a Werewolf at the time the damage is dealt.
Now that I've typed that out, I see that Moonmist's rulings and reminder text address most of what I wrote above more clearly and concisely.

Are any other cards possibly affected by this bug ?
Geier Reach Bandit // Vildin-Pack Alpha is in shadows_over_innistrad.c and I see it just looks for subtype Werewolf, so it'll have all the same problems that the transformation part of Moonmist does. I already knew to skip porting EMN's Waxing Moon from Shandalar.

Copies of dfcs and token copies of dfcs can incorrectly transform themselves, too, using the abilities they're copying.
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 14 Sep 2016, 19:46, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: confirmed bug
Korath
DEVELOPER

Re: [confirmed]Moonmist

Postby Gargaroz » 14 Sep 2016, 14:19

About Moonmist: 90% fixed in 060e480. I don't know if all the interactions with "flip-cards" are correct...
Xenograft fixed in dfe177a
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Re: [fixed]Moonmist

Postby Korath » 14 Sep 2016, 19:05

060e480 doesn't take care of any of the interactions with flip cards. What it did was to fix the prevent-damage part (correctly), and to make it transform all Humans instead of all Human Werewolves. Everything in the first bullet point is just as broken, except now you don't need a Xenograft or Wings of Velis Vel or whatever to make them be werewolves to.

What's needed is to check in transform() that A) the card isn't a token, and B) that the card's original_internal_card_id is that of a card that can transform.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Re: [confirmed]Moonmist

Postby Aswan jaguar » 08 Oct 2019, 17:02

After the last changes in dev either it doesn't transform at all or instead of transforming the proper cards transformed a land into an Air Elemental.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Return to Bug Reports