It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:49

Text Size

[confirmed]Cytoshape before resolution breaks effect cards

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[confirmed]Cytoshape before resolution breaks effect cards

Postby Korath » 04 Feb 2017, 09:38

Describe the Bug:
If you change a Canopy Crawler into something else between activation and resolution, the effect card it creates gets the text and image of whatever the Crawler was changed into. (E.g., if you Cytoshape it into a Skirk Alarmist, its effect card says you'll sac it at eot, not that it gets +n/+n until eot.)

Which card behaved improperly?
Canopy Crawler.

Which update are you using? (date, name)Which type? (duel, gauntlet, sealed deck)
Dev 2bba4ec.

What exactly should be the correct behavior/interaction?
If you activate a Canopy Crawler, its effect should have Canopy Crawler's effect card text. No matter what you do to the wee beastie in the meantime.

Are any other cards possibly affected by this bug?
Almost everything with an activated ability that creates an effect card. (In particular, I noticed it on Skirk Alarmist in dev. I didn't use it as the example because it was actually ok in release, and got broken in the meantime.) It is never, ever correct to give instance->parent_controller,instance->parent_card as the source to any of the functions in the create_legacy_effect() family.

Some of them are much worse, in that they give player,instance->parent_card as a source or target. (Example that does both: Returned Phalanx.) That pair isn't ever meaningful except by accident, and will probably crash if the card changes control before resolution.

Which card you use to cause the effect source to become a copy (Mirrorweave, Cytoshape, whatever) shouldn't make any difference.
Last edited by BAgate on 06 Feb 2017, 13:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: confirmed bug
Korath
DEVELOPER

Re: [confirmed]Cytoshape before resolution breaks effect car

Postby Aswan jaguar » 31 Oct 2019, 15:09

I tried substituting instance->parent_controller, instance->parent_card with player, card as it was coded before for Canopy Crawler and Skirk Alarmist but still got the same bad effect card result when I used cytoshape to change them.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Return to Bug Reports