It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 08:32

Text Size

Bug hunters topic

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug hunters topic

Postby BAgate » 03 May 2014, 04:52

Thanks for the best wishes Aswan, I'm getting there.

Stassy, there is no need for you or Aswan to take on any more than you already do (which is more than enough). I was more talking to the others.

As to the recheck, anything marked with a flame needs rechecking (mostly EDH stuff). Other than that, whatever isn't marked '[fixed/closed]'. At present that would be page 5 to middle of page 6 (I tend to start at the beginning and there were just under 300 fixes this patch, and some have already been reopened). I just test a few at a time and mark them as appropriate so no need to check threads out, just label them as you go and refresh the display before you start.

As an aside, I find that bug fixes are generally successful at about a 90% rate. So good job devs!

Edit: but if a mod who plays EDH wouldn't mind, there are several EDH related bug reports on page 2 of Bug Reports that are unconfirmed.
Working on: housekeeping and archived reports
BAgate
Tester

Postby BAgate » 06 May 2014, 06:00

Recheck of Archived Reports is complete.

Nexhro, thanks for your help on the EDH bugs. However, there is still one more marked by a flame on pg 2. Could you...?

Edit: Thx. Nexhro!
BAgate
Tester

Postby BAgate » 06 May 2014, 23:48

My timing was good.

New patch, Pending Reports has been emptied to Archived Reports.
BAgate
Tester

Postby BAgate » 16 May 2014, 13:53

All fixed bugs in Archived Reports have been checked.

Exception, 2 marked with flames on page 2 relating to EDH and challenges.

And as always, if someone could glance through and make sure I didn't miss any...
BAgate
Tester

Postby Nexhro » 22 Jul 2014, 02:21

Just a question/proposal:

Wouldn't it be more convenient to have a collective sticky thread for those "card X action Y mandatory" reports? Something like a "bad duh mode" thread similiar to the ones for blank legacy effects and typos?

That kind of bug seems to be fairly common, while usually not impacting gameplay as significantly as "real" bugs do. Given their low priotity nature, a collective thread could be a nice way to keep the reports pages clean.

It might as well be a dumb idea that further complicates things. If that's the case, blame it on me being tired.
Nexhro

Postby Aswan jaguar » 22 Jul 2014, 05:09

The bad (reversed) duh mode on that card was just the first/second such bug.For the rest is generally better and tidier to have the bugs apart as when they get retested if there are a lot in a post and you have some working some not it gets a lot messy,with lots of answers to have to read...and some bugs might get lost in that chaos.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby BAgate » 10 Sep 2014, 00:50

New patch, so the Pending Reports Folder has been emptied to Archived Reports. Have at it (and this is a huge list so I WILL need help this time).
BAgate
Tester

Postby Aswan jaguar » 11 Sep 2014, 15:31

I put early the fixed bugs to pending reports as there was a huge number of them and wanted to clear the first page.Besides I don't expect any answer to them with Korath being busy and away.Let's hope he will be with us again very soon.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby HarlequinCasts » 11 Sep 2014, 17:54

I got started by going through the archives and checking all my own bugs for M15.

Just wanted to make sure I've got the procedure right: For any bugs from JiN, if it's working fine I just edit it to "fixed/closed" and leave it be. If it has an issue, I edit it "still bugged" and move back into the normal bug reporting forum? Thanks all ^_^
HarlequinCasts

Postby BAgate » 11 Sep 2014, 23:40

Harlequin, exactly right. Just remember to also change the topic icon (which you have been doing) and as always make sure to uncheck the create shadow topic box.

And don't just stop at your own bugs...
BAgate
Tester

Postby HarlequinCasts » 12 Sep 2014, 01:34

BAgate wrote:And don't just stop at your own bugs...
Yeah I just like starting with mine since I'm familiar with them. Going to pick through the first page for a while tonight.
HarlequinCasts

Postby BAgate » 12 Sep 2014, 01:40

Great! But a quick note to all Bug Hunters: When testing triggers you need to have Duh mode disabled. Because it was too hard to account for when optional triggers should be triggered, Gargaroz made it so all optional triggers trigger when Duh mode is enabled and are optional if it is disabled. This has already tripped up Nexhro and HarlequinCasts, so everyone be aware.
BAgate
Tester

Postby BAgate » 14 Sep 2014, 23:22

With miniupdate Pending Folder has been emptied to Archived Reports.

And Nexhro, I have to ask, but do you have a life? I'm exhausted just trying to keep up with you. You're beyond a machine! And almost as impressive as the developers. ;)
BAgate
Tester

Postby Nexhro » 15 Sep 2014, 00:00

BAgate wrote:And Nexhro, I have to ask, but do you have a life? I'm exhausted just trying to keep up with you. You're beyond a machine! And almost as impressive as the developers. ;)
Thank you, mate!

Don't worry - my real life is intact. It's just that I am in the lucky position of having sporadic phases with a lot of free time every now and then (which are compensated by phases where every day consists of nothing but working, eating and sleeping...) and I preferably spend my time on PC gaming.

Since most publishers have abandoned the thought of releasing interesting entertainment software in favor of cinematic blockbuster dreck, I'm left with my Vintage collection. One can only play Deus Ex, System Shock, Bloodlines, Planescape Torment and co so often, hence I was more than delighted when I found this lovely community who managed to get Mircroprose's MtG to run on modern OSs and even keep it up to date.

The willingness to spend this much time on reporting bugs stems from equal parts desire for a smooth singleplayer Magic experience and returning the favor for all the fun I've had with what the devs spend their free time on.
Nexhro

Postby BAgate » 15 Sep 2014, 19:35

Note to all mods:

I recently messed up and moved a post to the General Discussion folder by mistake. If you ever do the same thing, Huggybaby is the guy to talk to to get it moved back to the correct place. He took care of it in less than an hour.
BAgate
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Bug Reports