It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 03:18

Text Size

DOTP 2012 - Deck Editor Revised

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: DOTP 2012 - Deck Editor Revised

Postby jstauffer » 15 Sep 2011, 13:30

Great! I'm glad to hear that and no problem ...
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby Asta666 » 15 Sep 2011, 15:35

Something else I found is that when loading illustrations it seems to never complete the process, I left my computer all night doing it and in the morning it was still half done, you were able to load them using gibbed tools?
Asta666

Postby last-witness » 16 Sep 2011, 14:09

Hey guys,

i've a problem. My english is not very good, am from germany. I still hope here's somebody who will help me.
i dont know how to build decks and the rest :-/

First i convert "Data_Core.wad" and so i get a folder called "DATA_CORE" with the folders "DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS" and "DATA_PC". I think this is right, isn't it?

Now i start deck editor and choose 'File'-'New Deck'.
Then i make 'Tools'-'Load Cards' then i select to the folder "CARDS" in the first created folder "DATA_CORE".
Now i have about 600 cards, cool.
Then i choose about 40 cards for my deck.
After that i click on the square button with the magic-cards on it.

In field UID there is 1001, Personality is 'Ajani_aramancer.xml" and Deck Box Image is 'Art_Assets\Textures\decks\D12_Ajani'.
I click on okay.

Now i click 'File'-'Save Deck' and type "ThisIsATest" as name.
Now i close Program.

I go to folder 'rev' and search for the file 'NEWDECK_1.xml'.
I copy this file to the the directory where i unpacked the Data_Core.wad (--> "DATA_CORE\DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\DATA_REQUiRED\DECKS\").
Now i make a new .wad-file with gibbed-pack.exe and copy this file to the location where i installed DOTP 2012.
When i start Magic_2012.exe ( i replaced the original-file) then game crashes.

Can you help me and tell why?
Do i something wrong in building deck or where's the problem?

Thank u soo much,
greetings last-witness
last-witness

Postby jstauffer » 16 Sep 2011, 21:47

You really shouldn't put the deck back in the unpacked DATA_CORE and pack it back up although this would probably still work as long as you added the references in the APPID_LINKING files and are using a cracked version of the Magic_2012.exe. You'd also probably need to delete your profile. The reason I wouldn't recommend this approach is b/c of the size of DATA_CORE and the fact it contains the core game elements and increases the chances you might mess something up. The deck editor program handles creating separate "content packs" which are in essence DLC's. These can contain supplementary cards, decks and unlocks ( and possibly more ) that are in addition to the core game. I created Deck Editor Revised with this in mind.

Deck Editor Revised handle creating these addition DLC's and packing / moving data in case you don't know exactly what you're doing or if you are, like me, lazy =).

The most important thing to keep in mind is the fact that adding/removing DLC's, cards, decks, unlocks, etc. is that sometimes you'll have to delete your profile. If the game crashes on launch this is usually the first thing to try.
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 16 Sep 2011, 21:58

Asta,

Yeah. I have no issues at all with loading images. Although it does take quite a bit of time it isn't any longer than 10 min ( for about 850 images ).

What are your system specs?

I suppose it could be timing out but I've built in checks for this and you should revive an error message. Does the source directory ( where the TDX files are ) have a bunch of .png files? Did you double check the \rev\data\illustrations directory to see if any of the images were transferred? You could also try to break the source directory into several sub directories and put about 100 files in each. Then import from each sub directory so that each import is only bringing in 100 files at a time. Originally I had a prompt asking for the max # of images to import however after much testing removed this since it didn't seem there were any issues.

If you're having continual problems with this you can convert the images manually and put them in the \rev\data\illustrations directory.
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 16 Sep 2011, 22:28

I'll be uploading a new version in the next day or two. Changes include:

Search button fix ( it's broken now due to a coding error although hitting the enter key in the text box still works fine )

Search now looks in card abilities and sub types.

Hovering over the land count will show you how many lands of each type will be in your deck ( assigned automatically by the game ) ... This is almost done ... Just need to add in adjustments if you set land configuration amounts.

The biggest change is the ability to create cards. You'll be able to create cards from scratch or import an existing card and work from it. When you go into the new card form you'll be able to select abilities of all existing cards and then modify the inner text ( including how it works if you know what you're doing and/or like to play around ) as you want. I've tested this by making Recoil and it is working fine. I did notice that I had to delete my profile the first time I added a card to the DLC. I also changed abilty text and had to delete my profile to get it to show up. I changed how an abilty worked for a card and didn't ... I can't seem to determine when/why your profile needs deleted ...
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby Asta666 » 17 Sep 2011, 11:42

jstauffer wrote:Asta,

Yeah. I have no issues at all with loading images. Although it does take quite a bit of time it isn't any longer than 10 min ( for about 850 images ).

What are your system specs?

I suppose it could be timing out but I've built in checks for this and you should revive an error message. Does the source directory ( where the TDX files are ) have a bunch of .png files? Did you double check the \rev\data\illustrations directory to see if any of the images were transferred? You could also try to break the source directory into several sub directories and put about 100 files in each. Then import from each sub directory so that each import is only bringing in 100 files at a time. Originally I had a prompt asking for the max # of images to import however after much testing removed this since it didn't seem there were any issues.

If you're having continual problems with this you can convert the images manually and put them in the \rev\data\illustrations directory.
I managed to do it 150 files each times, more was overloading the system and gibbed tools seemed to hang. It's all working now. I'm looking forward to trying the next versions!!
Asta666

Postby last-witness » 17 Sep 2011, 12:49

hey jstauffer, thx for your help.

But i dont get it anyway...
now i create a deck and have a folder called DATA_DLC_1111.
So i pack this folder to "DATA_DLC_1111.wad".
I copy this file to the magic-mainfolder, but i cant see my deck when i start the game :-(
Whats wrong? do i have to link this new .wad-file or what do i have to do now?

1000 thx for you help
last-witness
last-witness

Postby jstauffer » 17 Sep 2011, 14:46

last-witness:

You probably need to delete your profile. Please see previous posts on how to do that.
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby last-witness » 17 Sep 2011, 16:45

i already did.. :-(
game starts, but i cant see my deck.
Is there nothing other to do than copying my new Data_dlc_1111.wad file to main folder, delete my profile and start game? Please help :-(
I'm a bit silly :-(

thank u so!
last-witness

Postby jstauffer » 17 Sep 2011, 17:34

After you create and save your deck ( make sure you are clicking file > save deck as otherwise the deck will not have been saved to the content yet ) you can look in the \rev\content directory. You'll see a folder there named Data_DLC_1111_unpacked ( if using the default DLC ). That is the folder you want to pack with gibbed tools. The result WAD file will be named Data_DLC_1111_unpacked.wad. Rename the file removing the "_unpacked" so that it is named Data_DLC_1111.wad. This is the file that needs to go into the game directory.

My suspicion is that either:

1. You are not saving the deck first. If you go to \rev\content\Data_DLC_1111_unpacked\Data_DLC_1111\DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\DATA_REQUIRED\DECKS you should see your deck XML file.

2. You are packing the Data_DLC_1111 folder ( which is inside the Data_DLC_1111_unpacked folder ) instead of the Data_DLC_1111_unpacked folder.
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby GravitonGamer » 18 Sep 2011, 04:29

What should be the format / settings of the tdx images? (I use Paint.net to make them.) When I try to send content with Deck Editor, the images don't appear in-game. But when I pack the same folder using WadProgram, the images appear fine.
GravitonGamer

Postby jstauffer » 18 Sep 2011, 15:12

I'm assuming you're placing the images in the \rev\content ( appropriate content pack ) ... ILLUSTRATIONS directory manually ( and cards in the CARDS directory of the same content pack ).

The files should be in TDX format is all that I know of. The only thing "Send Content" does is pack the content and send to the specified destination ( game directory if you choose ).

It is strange that packing the same folder yourself works fine though. I'll look into it. I'm in the middle of working on adding creating cards as a feature and during testing after creating a card the card and image get put into the content pack. After running "Send Content" it appears in game fine ...

Not sure if it's related but an issue was reported where if you have already set the gibbed directory and when prompted if you want to use this directory again and click on the 'do not show this message again' checkbox that every time after that you won't be prompted but the gibbed directory isn't actually saved so nothing happens. When sending content you should get a confirmation or an error message. If you get neither then the above issue is the culprit and the content was not actually sent. I already have a fix for this in the version I'm working on but this can be remedied by not checking the 'do not show this message again' checkbox.
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 18 Sep 2011, 21:40

I've posted the newest version at:

http://deckeditorrev.webhop.net

Changes Include:

Several minor bug fixes ...

Creating cards functionality has been added. Concerning card abilities ... this is a rather complex topic so you really shouldn't be messing around with these unless you know what you're doing or you don't care to play around and figure things out on your own through testing.

The "New Card ..." menu item has been added to Tools. Also, cards that have been loaded into Deck Editor Revised can be copied as a new card ( "New Card As ..." option when right-clicking on a card in the Available Cards list box ). Cards that have been created will have an "Edit Card ..." option instead. Any card can be deleted via the "Delete Card" option.

I'll need feedback as to whether or not selecting an image works ok or not. I have tested it thoroughly on my machine and have no issues.

If choosing an image that already exists in the game you can click "No" when prompted to "include in the content pack" ... otherwise click "Yes" so that the image is copied to the ILLUSTRATIONS directory.

When adding abilities they are organized by type. The card that the ability was pulled from will be displayed for reference. Once an ability has been selected it can be modified however you want but may or may not work depending if you have coded it correctly or not ( there is no checking for this ).

When adding a card to a content pack for the first time YOU HAVE TO delete your profile or the game crashes. I've also noticed that sometimes when modifying even simple things like ability text that you have to delete your profile for the new text to show up in game. Sometimes when modifying how an ability works you have to delete your profile, sometimes not. It's hit or miss. When in doubt ... DELETE YOUR PROFILE ...

I'll run through an example of a card I made ...

Deny Reality

1. Set the card name to "DENY_REALITY"
2. Set the title to "Deny Reality"
3. New cards will have the MV ID already set for you starting at 3000001 ...
4. Found the illustration for Deny Reality on the web as a jpg file ... copied it to my desktop and renamed it 3000001.jpg ... double-clicked the illustration area on the new card and selected this image ... the image loaded ( it will create a PNG and TDX image in the \rev\data\illustrations directory for reference ) ... the art id was automatically set to 3000001 after this was done
5. Set the artist to "Jean-Sebastien Rossbach"
6. Set the expansion to "ARB"
7. Didn't set the flavour text
8. Set the card type to Sorcery
9. Didn't set the power / toughness
10. Set the frame color to "UB_GOLD"
11. Set the rarity to "COMMON"
12. Entered "1" for black mana, "1" for blue mana and "3" for colorless mana
13. Clicked on the button with the book & exclamation point ... chose the item that had to do with "CASCADE" from the existing help dropdown list. Clicked close.
14. Right-clicked in the abilities box and clicked "New Ability > Triggered". I knew that the Bloodbraid Elf had this ability so found it in the list. Didn't change anything. Clicked ok.
15. Right-clicked in the abilities box and clicked "New Ability > Spell". I knew that Into the Roil will return a permanent to it's owners hand so I started with it. Changed the description to just "Return target permanent to its owner's hand." Had to tweak the code to allow for any permanent instead of just non-land permanent ( i.e. used other abilities as reference ). Clicked ok.
16. Clicked ok on the new card form.
17. Clicked yes to include image with content pack.

The card was saved to \rev\data\cards and \rev\content\<my content pack> ... CARDS and the image \rev\content\<my content pack> ... ILLUSTRATIONS.

18. Added the card to a deck.
19. Sent the content.
20. Delete my profile.
21. Started the game and tested the card.

Please do not ask for help creating cards only for issues related to Deck Editor Revised and creating cards.

I hope you enjoy. Thanks.
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 19 Sep 2011, 15:57

A few screenshots of the New/Edit Card feature:
Attachments
newcard2.png
newcard1.png
jstauffer
Programmer

PreviousNext