It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 23:23

Text Size

[REL] Riiak's DotP 2013 Deck Builder v1.4.2.1

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: [REL] Riiak's DotP 2013 Deck Builder v1.0.2.1

Postby Blue Ghost » 29 May 2013, 08:09

When I tried to use this, it told me, "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application... Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Full details: | Open
************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at RSN.DotP.GameDirectory.LoadWads()
at RSN.DotP.DeckBuilder.RefreshGameData()
at RSN.DotP.DeckBuilder.DeckBuilder_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DotP 2013 Deck Builder
Assembly Version: 1.0.2.1
Win32 Version: 1.0.2.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jack/Documents/MTG/Riiaks_DotP_2013_Deck_Builder_v1.0.2.1_x64/DotP%202013%20Deck%20Builder.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
pspx4agz
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Gibbed.Duels.FileFormats
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jack/Documents/MTG/Riiaks_DotP_2013_Deck_Builder_v1.0.2.1_x64/Gibbed.Duels.FileFormats.DLL
Gibbed.IO
Assembly Version: 1.0.4706.36265
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jack/Documents/MTG/Riiaks_DotP_2013_Deck_Builder_v1.0.2.1_x64/Gibbed.IO.DLL
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib
Assembly Version: 0.86.0.518
Win32 Version: 0.86.0.518
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jack/Documents/MTG/Riiaks_DotP_2013_Deck_Builder_v1.0.2.1_x64/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.DLL
Gibbed.Squish
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jack/Documents/MTG/Riiaks_DotP_2013_Deck_Builder_v1.0.2.1_x64/Gibbed.Squish.DLL

Is it something I'm doing wrong?
Blue Ghost

Postby theonecynic » 29 May 2013, 11:03

Hi there, new to the forums, and in fact the game (picked it up on Steam on sale)!
Apart from having a go at DotP 2010 I basically haven't played since 7th edition, so it'd really help my learning curve with the decks in game to have something familiar to play with to begin with.

I've had a quick go with this program, and so far, so good (although I removed the "cost" column from the card list because it was making it take longer to scroll through cards - is it possible to perhaps have an option to show W/U/B/R/G/X in text instead of pictures please? That'd be great :D.)

Anyway, because I'd like to use some older cards I'm familiar with, I'm going to have to add a few. Is it possible to have your program include new card xmls which aren't packed in an existing wad, and either include them in the created deck wad or make a new custom core wad? Or do I have to use another program to wad 'em up first, and then use this program to read and use cards from that wad? If it's the latter, could I perhaps make the former a feature request please? Edit: The reason I ask is that I foresee myself making lots of beginner errors in adding cards, and I think it might be helpful for me to have the same procedure for adding new cards and correcting new cards.

Also, sorry for slightly off-topic, but, looking through the forums, I've seen a number of threads about new cards/card requests, and possible card lists or databases, but not seen an actual database of custom cards. With so many possible cards, it seems a shame to duplicate effort to create some, so is someone maintaining a database of custom cards? The threads I saw suggesting it didn't seem to have any linked.

Sorry for length, and thanks!

Edit: also, birds show up as type "Creature - Brid" in the list :P.
theonecynic

Postby RiiakShiNal » 29 May 2013, 14:22

Blue Ghost wrote:When I tried to use this, it told me, "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application... Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Full details: | Open
************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at RSN.DotP.GameDirectory.LoadWads()
at RSN.DotP.DeckBuilder.RefreshGameData()
at RSN.DotP.DeckBuilder.DeckBuilder_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
DotP 2013 Deck Builder
Win32 Version: 1.0.2.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jack/Documents/MTG/Riiaks_DotP_2013_Deck_Builder_v1.0.2.1_x64/DotP%202013%20Deck%20Builder.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
pspx4agz
Gibbed.Duels.FileFormats
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jack/Documents/MTG/Riiaks_DotP_2013_Deck_Builder_v1.0.2.1_x64/Gibbed.Duels.FileFormats.DLL
Gibbed.IO
Assembly Version: 1.0.4706.36265
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jack/Documents/MTG/Riiaks_DotP_2013_Deck_Builder_v1.0.2.1_x64/Gibbed.IO.DLL
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib
Assembly Version: 0.86.0.518
Win32 Version: 0.86.0.518
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jack/Documents/MTG/Riiaks_DotP_2013_Deck_Builder_v1.0.2.1_x64/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.DLL
Gibbed.Squish
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jack/Documents/MTG/Riiaks_DotP_2013_Deck_Builder_v1.0.2.1_x64/Gibbed.Squish.DLL

Is it something I'm doing wrong?
I'm going to need to see the Errors.log file for this as well. Just looking at the code I'm not seeing anywhere in the LoadWads() function that could get a null pointer.

theonecynic wrote:I've had a quick go with this program, and so far, so good (although I removed the "cost" column from the card list because it was making it take longer to scroll through cards - is it possible to perhaps have an option to show W/U/B/R/G/X in text instead of pictures please? That'd be great :D.)
Yes, just add this to the "CardViewColumns" tag (then you can turn it on and off and reorder it like the other columns) in the Settings.xml file:
Code: Select all
    <Column Name="CostText" Type="System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewTextBoxColumn, System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" DataProperty="CastingCost" HeaderText="COLUMN_TEXT_CASTING_COST" SortMode="Automatic" Width="143" Visible="True" DisplayIndex="10" />
theonecynic wrote:Anyway, because I'd like to use some older cards I'm familiar with, I'm going to have to add a few. Is it possible to have your program include new card xmls which aren't packed in an existing wad, and either include them in the created deck wad or make a new custom core wad? Or do I have to use another program to wad 'em up first, and then use this program to read and use cards from that wad? If it's the latter, could I perhaps make the former a feature request please? Edit: The reason I ask is that I foresee myself making lots of beginner errors in adding cards, and I think it might be helpful for me to have the same procedure for adding new cards and correcting new cards.
At the moment, No, it is not currently coded for that. I may include the functionality in a future version, but I can guarantee that it won't happen in a couple of days (too much code to do in a short time). So currently if you want it to include new cards then you will need to use Gibbed Tools to wad them up first and include that wad in the game directory (then the builder will see them).

theonecynic wrote:Also, sorry for slightly off-topic, but, looking through the forums, I've seen a number of threads about new cards/card requests, and possible card lists or databases, but not seen an actual database of custom cards. With so many possible cards, it seems a shame to duplicate effort to create some, so is someone maintaining a database of custom cards? The threads I saw suggesting it didn't seem to have any linked.
As far as I know there is no database of cards, there have been some attempts, but nothing that is currently on-going from what I understand.

theonecynic wrote:Edit: also, birds show up as type "Creature - Brid" in the list :P.
Thanks for noticing that, the English localization has been updated (v1.0.0.3) which you can find by clicking the Updated Localizations link in the first post.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby theonecynic » 29 May 2013, 16:49

Thanks for your response! I edited the settings.xml file as you intructed, and thanks, that does exactly what I was looking for :). As for the feature request, I certainly wouldn't ask for something that quickly, you (and everyone else here) have already contributed an awful lot, and for free :D - I can only ask if you'd consider it. I've grabbed the Gibbed Tools and am already working on adding cards, it's all pretty exciting!

Database-wise, I thought about how to implement it, and it seems a huge project in itself, especially if you try and consider functions needed, different versions of the game (2010-3 etc.), different versions of cards (Birds of Paradise or the LAM version...) plus notes if they're not perfect (like dual lands)... the forum search function's suddenly not so bad after all!

Thanks for answering all my questions, it's much appreciated.
theonecynic

Postby RiiakShiNal » 29 May 2013, 18:27

theonecynic wrote:Thanks for your response! I edited the settings.xml file as you intructed, and thanks, that does exactly what I was looking for :).
When I was creating this builder and trying to decide what all columns to put on the views and what people might want, I ultimately came to the conclusion that I won't know everything they might want so I tried to come up with a system that would allow people to add their own columns (assuming the data is available). Granted it requires manually editing the Settings.xml, but I can't account for everything.

The basic format is like this:
Basic Format | Open
  • Define a "Column" tag:
    <Column />
  • Give the column a name to refer to it:
    Name="<Friendly Name>"
  • Define what type of column to create (unfortunately it must be an Assembly qualified type, but if it derives from DataGridViewColumn it should be possible to use it, even custom made columns):
    • Text Box Column:
      Type="System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewTextBoxColumn, System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"
    • Check Box Column:
      Type="System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCheckBoxColumn, System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"
    • Image Column:
      "System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewImageColumn, System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"
  • Determine the object property to populate from (CaSe SeNsItIvE):
    DataProperty="<PropertyName>"
  • Give a localization string to use for the column header:
    HeaderText="<StringLocalizationLookUp>"
  • Sorting mode to give it (in most cases we want Automatic sorting):
    SortMode="Automatic"
  • A column width to give it:
    Width="<SomeNumericWidth>"
  • Whether it is visible or not:
    Visible="<True/False>"
  • And finally where to place the column:
    DisplayIndex="<NumericIndex>"
Given that and a list of the properties that the objects support, people can add whatever columns they want. The below lists have the properties suitable for use and their types (the other properties are basically not suitable for listing as some of the values wouldn't make sense to a user or they are objects that don't really translate well to view, like a CardInfo object or DeckUnlocks object, a Dictionary<string, string> object, etc...).

CardInfo Properties (only used for main card listing): | Open
  • Filename (string)
  • LocalizedName (string)
  • MultiverseId (int)
  • LocalizedFlavour (string)
  • PresentInWad (string)
  • ImageFilename (string)
  • CastingCost (string)
  • CastingCostImage (Image, basically a Bitmap)
  • ConvertedManaCost (int)
  • CardXML (string, recommend against using)
  • Rarity (enum: CardRarity)
  • ColourText (string)
  • LocalizedTypeLine (string)
  • Power (string, null, "*", or a number as a string)
  • Toughness (string, null, "*", or a number as a string)
  • LocalizedAbilitiesText (string)
  • Artist (string)
  • Token (bool)
  • MustBeIncludedInWad (bool, not currently used)
  • Expansion (string)
  • RegisteredTokensText (string, basically comma delimited list of registered tokens)
  • HybridMana (bool)
  • PhyrexianMana (bool)

DeckCard Properties (used for Main Deck, Regular, and Promo Unlocks): | Open
  • Quantity (int)
  • Bias (int)
  • Promo (bool)
  • CardDeckName (string)
  • LocalizedCardName (string)
  • FileName (string)
  • PresentInWad (string)

Deck Properties (used for Deck list on Create from Existing screen): | Open
  • FileName (string)
  • Uid (int)
  • PersonalityName (string)
  • DeckBoxImage (Bitmap)
  • DeckBoxImageName (string)
  • DeckBoxImageLocked (string)
  • ContentPack (int)
  • Availability (enum: DeckAvailability)
  • PreviewCard (string)
  • ColourText (string)
  • CreatureSize (string, "0" through "10" and "?")
  • DeckSpeed (string, "0" through "10" and "?")
  • Flexibility (string, "0" through "10" and "?")
  • Synergy (string, "0" through "10" and "?")
  • IgnoreCmcOver (int)
  • MinForests (int)
  • MinIslands (int)
  • MinMountains (int)
  • MinPlains (int)
  • MinSwamps (int)
  • NumberOfSpellsThatCountAsLands (int)
  • IsLandPool (bool)
  • Wad (string)
  • LocalizedName (string)
  • CardCount (int)
  • BasicLandAmount (int)
  • RegularUnlockCardCount (int)
  • PromoUnlockCardCount (int)

theonecynic wrote:As for the feature request, I certainly wouldn't ask for something that quickly, you (and everyone else here) have already contributed an awful lot, and for free :D - I can only ask if you'd consider it. I've grabbed the Gibbed Tools and am already working on adding cards, it's all pretty exciting!
I will consider it, but given the purpose of the program it will definitely be fairly low priority since features like compressing the images and automatically generating an APPID_LINKING.TXT file are more important.

Modding in itself is pretty exciting, even more so when modding is easy. It can be incredibly satisfying when you can actually see and play with the results of what you created (playing a deck you created in the campaign or even against another person). The first time you release something and you are praised for it can make you giddy with the thought: "Other people actually like what I did. Wow!". (I often feel like this after I get a response after a release.)

theonecynic wrote:Database-wise, I thought about how to implement it, and it seems a huge project in itself, especially if you try and consider functions needed, different versions of the game (2010-3 etc.), different versions of cards (Birds of Paradise or the LAM version...) plus notes if they're not perfect (like dual lands)... the forum search function's suddenly not so bad after all!
Yeah, it is quite overwhelming to think about doing it all at once (especially once you take security into account). If I were to attempt a database, it would be of much smaller scale to begin with.

theonecynic wrote:Thanks for answering all my questions, it's much appreciated.
That is what this forum is here for. For CCG Enthusiasts to share information with and help other CCG Enthusiasts. Though we tend towards our own little niches in this forum, because otherwise there is just too much information and too many posts.

Edit: Just updated the first post to reflect the new version (v1.1.0.0) which now boasts TDX Image compression and the ability to generate AppId Linking wads for Steam, Skidrow, and Theta versions of the game. The new version does add 9 new strings to the localizations (so any translations should be updated to reflect these):
   <STRING key="MENU_TOOLS_LIST_APPID_LINKING"><![CDATA[&List Wads with APPID_LINKING.TXT]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="MENU_TOOLS_CREATE_APPID_LINKING"><![CDATA[&Create AppId Linking Wad]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="MENU_TOOLS_CREATE_THETA_UNLOCKED_BY_DEFAULT"><![CDATA[&Unlocked by Default]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="MENU_TOOLS_CREATE_THETA_MANUAL_UNLOCKING"><![CDATA[&Manual Unlocking]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="TOKEN_CREATED_BY_AND_USED_IN"><![CDATA[This card is created by {0} and used in decks:]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="TOKEN_CREATED_BY_AND_NOT_USED"><![CDATA[This card is created by {0}, but is not used.]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="APPID_LINKING_PRESENT_IN"><![CDATA[An APPID_LINKING.TXT file is present in the following wads:]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="NO_APPID_LINKING_PRESENT"><![CDATA[No APPID_LINKING.TXT file was detected.]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="APPID_LINKING_GENERATED"><![CDATA[AppId Linking Wad has been successfully created.]]></STRING>
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: [REL] Riiak's DotP 2013 Deck Builder v1.1.0.0

Postby Blue Ghost » 30 May 2013, 05:32

I haven't been able to reproduce the error, and the program's loading fine for me now.

I still haven't been able to generate a functional deck XML file though. I threw in a few cards, built some images for the personality, and generated the file, and what I got was not a working deck file. I'm guessing it's something I'm doing wrong. Could you look at the file I got and explain it? And would it be possible to have a tutorial for this?

Thanks.
Attachments
DECK_BUILDER_TEST.zip
(703.75 KiB) Downloaded 608 times
Blue Ghost

Postby BloodReyvyn » 30 May 2013, 06:08

I have gotten the same error when trying to use my own images in the deck builder and resorted to going back to manually creating the .wad files (which I prefer that layout to the whole deck being in one .xml personally) and placing my images manually.

I am just guessing, but I assume the builder doesn't like images that aren't in the install directory?

EDIT: BTW Riiak , I love this thing. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I prefer to work with the .xml files directly, but as far as building the basic framework for a deck from cards that have already been made, this thing has saved me a lot of time from not perusing wads one by one. I can just build the basic deck I want, plop in a few place-holder cards (for cards I have made) and then copy the parts I need to my deck XMLs, exchanging the placeholders as I go.

Thanks a million for taking the time to make and debug this thing. :D
"There's an experience worse than blindness - it's the certainty that your vision is perfect and the horror that there's no world around you to see."
BloodReyvyn

Postby RiiakShiNal » 30 May 2013, 11:37

Blue Ghost wrote:I haven't been able to reproduce the error, and the program's loading fine for me now.

I still haven't been able to generate a functional deck XML file though. I threw in a few cards, built some images for the personality, and generated the file, and what I got was not a working deck file. I'm guessing it's something I'm doing wrong. Could you look at the file I got and explain it? And would it be possible to have a tutorial for this?

Thanks.
The file you provided is a Save from the builder, and once exported it works fine:
BuilderTestPreview.jpg

From the Readme:
Q. I've saved a deck, why is it not showing in game? | Open
A. You have to "Export" a deck for it to show up properly in game.

Saving: | Open
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saving:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saving operates a bit differently than you might expect. It will save out
the deck, but the file generated when you save is not meant to be used by the
game. It contains extra information so that the Deck Builder does not need to
manage multiple linked files. For example all saved decks will also include the
land pool in a tag inside the deck. All unlocks, strings, and images generated
will also be included inside the deck.

If you want to generate files that are appropriate for the game to use then you
need to "Export" the deck.

Exporting: | Open
Exporting:
When you export a deck it will automatically name the output wad (or
directory) based on the final deck uid and the English name of the deck codified
to be file system friendly. So if you name your deck "My First Deck" and you
are using the default Id Scheme with an id of 0 then the name or your exported
wad will be "DECK_100000_MY_FIRST_DECK.wad". This is done this way for a few
reasons:
- Mods must start with either "DECK_" or "DATA_DLC_" (case insensitive) to be
recognized.
- Putting the Deck's uid in the wad name makes figuring out the uid of the deck
inside very easy (for making APPID_LINKING.TXT blocks if necessary).
- Having the Deck name in the filename makes managing custom decks easier for
the user because the name they see in game relates to the one they see on
the wad. Now there may be some differences for this due to language
localizations, but this is a good compromise.

The exported wad (or directory) will automatically be put into the game
directory so that it is ready to use.
Also by having it in the game directory
it will also be loaded into the builder as an existing deck the next time the
builder is run.

I tried to put all the necessary information in the Readme, including a "Getting Started" section was this not enough?

Getting Started: | Open
Getting Started:
When you first open the Deck Builder for the first time it will state that
the game directory has not been set and needs to be set to continue. Clicking
"OK" will bring up the "Options" window where you can either enter or select a
working game directory where the builder will load most of its resources from.

In this screen it is also highly recommended that you change the Id Scheme
options to help prevent unique id collisions with other modders (more on Id
Schemes later in this document). Also if your native language is not English
you can also change the language that this program will run in. Due note
however that since I only know English (and a little Japanese) that the only
localization I have been able to fully fill out is the English localization.

Once you have specified the game directory and clicked "Apply" the builder will
load all the wads (and "wad directories") from the game directory and populate
the card list at the bottom of the screen. To keep things simple you can simply
double-click on a card and it will add it to either the deck or one of the
unlocks as per which radio button is selected above the card list.

You can edit the deck name (in all supported languages) by clicking the "Edit
Name" button above the deck cards list. Much of the rest of the deck info can
be edited and/or managed by clicking the "Deck Information" button below the
deck cards list. This includes the deck's availability, which card to make the
preview images from, the deck's uid (which will be modified by the Id Scheme),
deck statistics, land configuration, and building of the deck box image.

You can also save and open deck's using the file menu. If you are looking at
the file menu you will also notice an option for creating a deck from an
existing deck. This means that you can select one of the deck's that you
already have installed to work from as a base. Note that creating a deck from
one you already have installed is NOT the same as editing a deck. This builder
does not support deck "editing" only "building" (creating new decks). There are
several reasons for this such as the problems inherent with users changing base
game wads and the chance that a user will overwrite something they shouldn't.

Once you are finished editing your deck you can "Export" the deck using the file
menu's "Export To" menu. You have two options for exporting you can export as a
directory (which the game will read from like a wad if a wad with the same name
is not present) or as a wad (which will package up all the files generated in a
single compressed wad file). Once generation is complete you will have both the
generated wad (or directory) and a fairly generic readme file for your deck.

BloodReyvyn wrote:I have gotten the same error when trying to use my own images in the deck builder and resorted to going back to manually creating the .wad files (which I prefer that layout to the whole deck being in one .xml personally) and placing my images manually.
What error is that? I'm not seeing any "Error" regarding images in Blue Ghost's post. The only problem I'm seeing is that he didn't "Export" his deck.

BloodReyvyn wrote:I am just guessing, but I assume the builder doesn't like images that aren't in the install directory?
No, there should not be any issues using images that aren't in the install directory. You just have to "Export" for the images to be written out to TDX and used in game.

BloodReyvyn wrote:I prefer to work with the .xml files directly, but as far as building the basic framework for a deck from cards that have already been made, this thing has saved me a lot of time from not perusing wads one by one. I can just build the basic deck I want, plop in a few place-holder cards (for cards I have made) and then copy the parts I need to my deck XMLs, exchanging the placeholders as I go.
That's fine, if you just want the program to build the basic stuff and then let you tweak them afterwards then once you've built a basic deck "Export" to "Directory" and then you can further tweak the files in the directory it creates in the game directory (and you should be able to see your tweaks in game). Then when you are happy with it you can pack it manually using Gibbed Tools.

BloodReyvyn wrote:Thanks a million for taking the time to make and debug this thing. :D
No, problem.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Blue Ghost » 30 May 2013, 18:40

... I didn't see the ReadMe. Terribly sorry. X_X
Blue Ghost

Postby RiiakShiNal » 30 May 2013, 19:06

Not a problem, it's pretty common these days for most people to ignore, skip, or simply not notice a readme. Some readmes don't contain much information and can fairly easily be skipped, others can contain lots of good valuable information though. I tried to make mine one of the latter.

Edit (2013-05-31): I just updated the first post with a new version (v1.2.0.0), this new version adds some new functionality (which will probably be of more interest to existing modders rather than new modders). Of main interest for existing modders is the ability to export just the images and being able to export a full set of card preview images (with border) for a selected card. I also added the card border for card preview images so that they look very similar to what the official deck's preview images look like. This allows for sharper images than taking some other image and resizing it to fit as the builder builds these images using the resources the game uses for building images (other than fonts at the moment). This also allows you to get localized versions of the card preview images very quickly because they are built from the localization information stored in the card's XML.

Minor updates in this version include some minor code clean-up, adjustment of some drawing locations, and a reduction in error priority for land pool uids conflicting with other land pools.

Edit 2: I should also mention that with v1.2.0.0 I have finished the last of the planned enhancements (and posted bug reports) with the exception of a new version for DotP 2014 (if possible). So now I'm looking at any feature requests in more detail while waiting for DotP 2014. So if you have any requests now is the time to put them in because now I have time to work on them and they will definitely go on the back-burner once I get my hands on DotP 2014.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: [REL] Riiak's DotP 2013 Deck Builder v1.2.0.0

Postby BloodReyvyn » 01 Jun 2013, 23:10

Hey, I was wondering why you can't use the deck box images from other decks, unless I am having an error of sorts. I can load one just fine, but it doesn't show deck boxes from any of the decks I have installed.

I personally don't mind as I like to make my own deck box and preview images, but I thought I would mention it since no one else had.

Also, the error I had is that it wasn't properly exporting and I kept losing my images in the export. After shutting down the deck builder and starting it again, it fixed itself and I haven't had an issue again yet, so probably just a fluke.
"There's an experience worse than blindness - it's the certainty that your vision is perfect and the horror that there's no world around you to see."
BloodReyvyn

Postby RiiakShiNal » 01 Jun 2013, 23:33

BloodReyvyn wrote:Hey, I was wondering why you can't use the deck box images from other decks, unless I am having an error of sorts. I can load one just fine, but it doesn't show deck boxes from any of the decks I have installed.

I personally don't mind as I like to make my own deck box and preview images, but I thought I would mention it since no one else had.
Because I didn't build in that functionality. I hadn't really thought about it, I guess I just figured it was best if users just created new images. If it is a feature that people want I could probably add it (internally I would probably still treat it as a new image to keep code complexity down).

Though in some respects you can use deck box images from other decks (at least with v1.2+), just create from existing the deck you want to use the image from then right-click on that image and export it, then go back to the deck (open) you want to give it to and just load the image in. Now it's not quite the same as simply giving the same image as it will create a new image that is essentially identical to the other one.

If you create from an existing deck you should be able to see that deck's deck box image (it loads them into the Deck object unless it either can't find the image or can't load it due to an error). If it can't be loaded due to an error it doesn't necessarily mean the image is bad it just means that Gibbed Tools can't decode it (happens with some images compressed with Eglin's TDX compression tool).

Though usually it's better to build a new image (which I tried to make very easy, the builder does most of the work) so that users don't have several decks that look the same (allows them to identify decks just by sight).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby theonecynic » 03 Jun 2013, 10:05

RiiakShiNal wrote:Edit 2: I should also mention that with v1.2.0.0 I have finished the last of the planned enhancements (and posted bug reports) with the exception of a new version for DotP 2014 (if possible). So now I'm looking at any feature requests in more detail while waiting for DotP 2014. So if you have any requests now is the time to put them in because now I have time to work on them and they will definitely go on the back-burner once I get my hands on DotP 2014.
Not sure how much of a hassle this would be but could I please request some more advanced text filters? It'd be great to be able to, for example, check abilities for multiple phrases, such as "destroy" "land". This is a really great utility not just for building decks but searching through cards to find code examples to learn from, I think this'd just make it even more straightforward for doing that! Thanks!
theonecynic

Postby RiiakShiNal » 03 Jun 2013, 12:36

theonecynic wrote:Not sure how much of a hassle this would be but could I please request some more advanced text filters? It'd be great to be able to, for example, check abilities for multiple phrases, such as "destroy" "land". This is a really great utility not just for building decks but searching through cards to find code examples to learn from, I think this'd just make it even more straightforward for doing that! Thanks!
How much of a hassle depends on how I put it in. If I just hack it into the current filter setup I could probably add a simple multiple search term filtering relatively easily. For example, I add an option to the drop down for "Contains All Terms" and/or "Contains at Least One Term".

Or I could spend some more time on it and actually create a true "Advanced" filtering system that could allow for even more combinations like:
  • Abilities contains "destroy" and
    • Abilities contains "land" or
    • Abilities contains "artifact"
  • and Abilities does not contain "enchantment" and
  • Power greater than 4 and
  • Power less than or equal to 7

Obviously, the more advanced it becomes the more time I will have to put into it. So I guess my question is which one are you looking/hoping for?
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby theonecynic » 03 Jun 2013, 14:17

Ooh, I hadn't even thought of the second, the first would be great as it is! But that doesn't mean don't do it :P
theonecynic

PreviousNext

Return to Utilities