[REL] Riiak's DotP 2014 Deck Builder v1.5.0.3

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: [REL] Riiak's DotP 2014 Deck Builder v1.4.0.0

Postby Xander9009 » 22 May 2015, 14:48

RiiakShiNal wrote:
StoneyTheBear wrote:
| Open
BUMP! I require knowledge, also, tutoring. I hope you people read this. :D

Arashin the Foremost: "Whenever Arashin Foremost enters the battlefield or attacks, another target Warrior creature you control gains double strike until end of turn."

If I knew how or even had the means to. I would embed an image of the card.
Right here.

The trigger... sees you. She flashes, and it happens.
She wants to you double you up.
Although. What you receive is indestructible. Falsely.
-A short story.

The moral of the story is this. Triggers work but the ability is indestructible and it never occurs.

<TRIGGER value="ZONECHANGE_END" simple_qualifier="self" to_zone="ZONE_BATTLEFIELD" />
<TRIGGER value="ATTACKING" simple_qualifier="self" />
<TARGET tag="CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_PERMANENT_MAKE_INDESTRUCTIBLE" definition="0" compartment="0" count="1" />
<TARGET_DEFINITION id="0">
local filter = ClearFilter()
filter:Add(FE_CARD_INSTANCE, OP_NOT, EffectSource())
filter:Add(FE_SUBTYPE, OP_IS, CREATURE_TYPE_WARRIOR)
filter:Add(FE_TYPE, OP_IS, CARD_TYPE_CREATURE)
</TARGET_DEFINITION>
<CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="6" mode="3">
local target = EffectDC():Get_Targets(0):Get_CardPtr(0)
if target ~= nil then
local characteristics = target:GetCurrentCharacteristics()
characteristics:Bool_Set( CHARACTERISTIC_DOUBLE_STRIKE, 1 )
end
</CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
<DURATION simple_duration="UntilEOT" />
<AI_SIMPLIFIED_TARGETING compartment="0" hint="HINT_ALLIED_ONLY" />
</TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
<HELP title="MORE_INFO_BADGE_TITLE_2" body="MORE_INFO_BADGE_BODY_2" zone="ZONE_ANY" />
<SFX text="COMBAT_BLUNT_LARGE_ATTACK" power_boundary_min="4" power_boundary_max="-1" />
<SFX text="COMBAT_BLUNT_SMALL_ATTACK" power_boundary_min="1" power_boundary_max="3" />
<AUTHOR><![CDATA[Xander9009]]></AUTHOR>
<EDITORS><![CDATA[Xander9009]]></EDITORS>
<DATE><![CDATA[26-03-15]]></DATE>
</CARD_V2>
This is not even close to being the correct topic for this. You are reporting a Community Wad card bug in the Deck Builder thread. That card has absolutely nothing to do with the Deck Builder.

That being said the only problems I see with the ability are that the Target text is wrong (CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_PERMANENT_MAKE_INDESTRUCTIBLE) and a mode is improperly set on the CONTINUOUS_ACTION. The characteristic being set on the target is actually double strike.
Ironically, I'd asked him in a PM to delete it here for that very reason, but by the time he came to do so, you'd already responded so he couldn't. Anyway, I fixed the text already, but I didn't notice the mode. Thanks for catching that. If she wasn't granting double strike, that's probably why.

EDIT: You know what? Since I'm posting here, I might as well make it related and point out one thing int he Deck Builder which may or may not be an easy change for the next version, should you manage to find enough time to work on it. When you add a card, scroll whichever field it's added to down to show that card. This would make adding cards a small bit easier, since you could see whether you double-clicked on it 3 or 4 times and know more easily when to stop.

Another simple thing would be to use backspace with the card list active to remove a card. I add cards using Enter a lot, and being able to remove them with backspace would be pretty convenient compared to selecting the number in the deck list and typing the correct number just to remove one.

Neither of these would be important enough to spend a lot of time on, and I don't know how difficult they would be in C# or C++ (I'm not sure which you used). But if they're simple enough, they might might be some good convenience changes.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Kithkin » 22 May 2015, 19:55

Using the Deck Builder there is one thing that ticks me off. When I use "set filters" I always have to click "apply" instead of just hitting the ENTER button.
Kithkin

Postby RiiakShiNal » 23 May 2015, 18:59

Xander9009 wrote:When you add a card, scroll whichever field it's added to down to show that card. This would make adding cards a small bit easier, since you could see whether you double-clicked on it 3 or 4 times and know more easily when to stop.

Another simple thing would be to use backspace with the card list active to remove a card. I add cards using Enter a lot, and being able to remove them with backspace would be pretty convenient compared to selecting the number in the deck list and typing the correct number just to remove one.

Neither of these would be important enough to spend a lot of time on, and I don't know how difficult they would be in C# or C++ (I'm not sure which you used). But if they're simple enough, they might might be some good convenience changes.
Both of those should be relatively simple changes. I used C# so that developing would be faster and easier than C++. Though using C# makes memory cleanup more difficult.

Kithkin wrote:Using the Deck Builder there is one thing that ticks me off. When I use "set filters" I always have to click "apply" instead of just hitting the ENTER button.
This should also be a relatively easy change.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Yodatheugly » 28 May 2015, 10:26

dantar wrote:When exporting deck, If I create a new personality, it will not export. I change the personality to a preset one and it exports fine. Does the personality really matter if I'm playing with the deck against AI?
Hey there,

I bump into a similar error. When I tried to export my deck with a custom deck image I got an error. After further investigation, I discovered the program fails to export my image to the .tdx format. When manually trying to export the image in the deck information menu to a .tdx file, I get the same exact error. I thought this might be the same problem dantar was having, but when I tried exporting the image to .png file, it worked flawlessly.
Even when I try to the use the newly created .png image, the same error pops up. So I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the image size.

Here's the error:
Code: Select all
************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   at RSN.DotP.TdxWrapper.AddMipMap(TdxFile tdx, Bitmap bmpImage, UInt16 usWidth, UInt16 usHeight, Flags eFlags, Boolean bCompress)
   at RSN.DotP.TdxWrapper.ConvertBitmapToTdx(D3DFormat eFormat, Boolean bGenerateMipMaps)
   at RSN.DotP.DeckInformation.cmnuiExportTdx_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I left out the loaded assemblies part, because the editor found my post to be to "spammy" with all the file paths in it.

I also need to mention that I'm running everything (DOTP and the deckbuilder) on mac osx, via the wine porting app, which pretty much runs a miniature version of windows inside an osx .app . It took me a while to get everything running, but I finally managed to do it. I do understand that this might bring up errors that don't pop up for windows users, but since everything else is running fine, it might still be solvable. My initial thought is that i'm missing some kind of .dll, as often is the case with wine. Though I might be overthinking this, with a solution just around the corner.

Anyway, thanks in advance for taking a look. I'm glad I even get to play my custom decks and could live with the fact that they will always be displayed as a white square.
Yodatheugly

Postby RiiakShiNal » 28 May 2015, 11:03

Based only on the error you are getting it seems like it could be more similar to what IMogry was getting due to running out of memory (to export to TDX it has to create multiple images at progressively smaller sizes which are then compressed and added to the compressed TDX image as mipmaps (smaller images to use at lower resolutions or when objects are smaller sizes on screen).

Saving to PNG involves a lot fewer steps and thus also requires less memory to execute. If you have limited memory (2GB or less, could be how much memory you have allocated for Wine instead of actual physical memory) then you should make sure you are using the 32-bit version of the Deck Builder and that you have MaintainImageCache set to False (if this key is missing from your settings.xml file and you are using the 32-bit version then this is the default). If you have more than 2GB of memory then you should be using the 64-bit version (and you can set MaintainImageCache to false manually by adding the key to the settings.xml file to see if that helps). You could also try allocating more memory (if you have it) to Wine for use with the Deck Builder and see if that helps.

Alternately, while not ideal you could export your deck to Directory, export your created deck image to PNG and then convert the PNG to TDX using Gibbed Tools TdxConvert and drop it into the proper place in the directory as well as manually associating it with the deck. Then pack the directory into a new Wad using Gibbed Tools. This is more like the old way of modding where a lot was manual, but since exporting to PNG works this is a valid alternative.

Side note: Since you have now reached 5 posts you probably won't get the "too spammy" messages any more.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Yodatheugly » 28 May 2015, 14:04

Thanks for the very quick response! It is indeed a problem with the amount of memory. Since Wine simulates a 32-bit windows platform by standard, I should have concluded the same thing myself.
Since it isn't easy (maybe not even possible) to 'make' Wine suddenly run 64-bit, and the MaintainImageCache setting didn't seem to work, I decided to try it the "old fashioned way" like you suggested last.

After some tweaking, I finally got it working! Since I never did any modding before, apart from the use of your deck builder, it took me a while to understand how the files all get linked together and what extra folders to create. But unpacking the DATA_DECKS_D14.WAD file made this pretty clear.
One thing I had to do differently, was to leave the deck in a directory format, since the game wouldn't load the .wad file. But the directory file loads fine, deck box image included.

Thanks again!

P.S. : Should there be anyone having the same problem using this setup (which is highly unlikely). You'll have to use the Command Line Shell below the Tools tab, in your Wineskin advanced settings, to get the Gibbed Tools working.
Yodatheugly

Postby RiiakShiNal » 28 May 2015, 22:48

Yodatheugly wrote:Thanks for the very quick response! It is indeed a problem with the amount of memory. Since Wine simulates a 32-bit windows platform by standard, I should have concluded the same thing myself.
Since it isn't easy (maybe not even possible) to 'make' Wine suddenly run 64-bit, and the MaintainImageCache setting didn't seem to work, I decided to try it the "old fashioned way" like you suggested last.
The MaintainImageCache setting is False by default when using the 32-bit version of Deck Builder, but it is True by default when you are using the 64-bit version. When set to False it tries to run the Deck Builder using a relatively minimal amount of memory, but with more cards, more memory is used regardless. When set to true it will attempt to improve performance at the expense of using more memory.

Yodatheugly wrote:After some tweaking, I finally got it working! Since I never did any modding before, apart from the use of your deck builder, it took me a while to understand how the files all get linked together and what extra folders to create. But unpacking the DATA_DECKS_D14.WAD file made this pretty clear.
One thing I had to do differently, was to leave the deck in a directory format, since the game wouldn't load the .wad file. But the directory file loads fine, deck box image included.
I'm glad you got things working, though the game should accept the Deck in WAD format (but sometimes getting the right directory structure in the WAD can be tricky which is why I automated it).

Though if you aren't using the custom data directory for anything then you could move the exported deck into there (preserving the directory structures) and then use the "Create Core WAD from Custom Data" inside the Deck Builder and simply give the new "core" WAD a Deck WAD name like "Data_Decks_My_Cool_Deck.wad" or something. There really isn't a difference between "core" WADs and "deck" WADs, just a naming convention. The Create Core WAD functionality just takes what is in the custom data folder and makes it into a valid WAD (automatically compressing it as well), so if you are having problems getting Gibbed Tools to pack the WAD properly you could try that.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Yodatheugly » 28 May 2015, 23:53

Thanks for the extra info, it will definitely give a cleaner organization in the long run when the number of custom decks grows. I'll give it a try.
Yodatheugly

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Aug 2015, 05:38

I've thought of another request. Each deck requires 4 images, total. The deck builder already has the option to build three of them from another image, but the fourth one, only has the option to load an image. Unfortunately, it's supposed to be a square image and every image I have (because I always load one of the card's images) is not a square, making three of the images look great and the last one looks squished. It would be great to have an option to build the last one.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 23 Aug 2015, 23:03

Xander9009 wrote:I've thought of another request. Each deck requires 4 images, total. The deck builder already has the option to build three of them from another image, but the fourth one, only has the option to load an image. Unfortunately, it's supposed to be a square image and every image I have (because I always load one of the card's images) is not a square, making three of the images look great and the last one looks squished. It would be great to have an option to build the last one.
Actually, on this request, I'm already ahead of you. I had already planned to extend the "Build" option to the full planeswalker image.

The reasoning as to why it did not have the option initially was because the full planeswalker image has no transparency or any effects applied to it, it is merely a square image.

The reasoning behind adding the functionality is two-fold:
  1. To make the creation of the image easier because as you have mentioned most images are not square.
  2. To more easily accommodate the image limits imposed by Gibbed Tools for converting to TDX (only accepts images with dimensions below 2000 pixels). So by providing a build option (which the rest already have) I can force the images to the size that DotP expects (when people use that option).

With only extremely minor changes to the image building class this feature can be put in quite easily as it was already built to handle a variety of situations.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Chakan » 28 Aug 2015, 00:40

I have a somewhat small request. Could you possibly make it so that when you click "New Deck" from the file tab that it confirms the action instead of just doing it? I've started making decks before and went down to export or save it, only for my finger to slip or something and click new deck instead, firmly wiping the deck I was working on from existence. Not a terribly big deal, but it's kind of frustrating if it happens.
Chakan

Postby Xander9009 » 28 Aug 2015, 02:08

This one's not a request, but a question. Occasionally, when I load a deck from a wad, the image files are lost. Any idea what might be going wrong and if I can work around it?

As a specific example, I renamed Attended Knight. One of the decks in the CW Decks folder used the card, though, so I loaded it up, added four copies of the newly renamed card, and exported it (after changing the ID, etc). But when I went to move it, I noticed it was way smaller than it should have been and loaded it back up. It turned out that the deck image had been retained, but the three personality images had been lost. I checked in the original, and they were there. I've noticed this quite a bit. Whenever I edit one of my decks, there's a fair chance the images will disappear. I'm not sure that it's a Deck Builder issue, exactly. It might just be a general wad issue or something. But you would know better than I would. Thoughts?
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 28 Aug 2015, 11:05

The reason you are losing images is because the Deck Builder sees that the personality already existed, so when it saves it doesn't re-save the personality. The "Create from Existing Deck" feature was meant for making deck variants and not for creating replacements. So this is by design as there is no reason to keep creating new copies of a personality if it can just be re-used.

For tweaking and replacing decks this is why the "Save" feature exists. When you are making the original deck if you save it out (saves as a large XML file) it saves all the information necessary to completely re-create the deck and personality (if not using one that was simply selected from a list). This way if you decide to change a card or two then instead of using "Create from existing" you simply load up the saved XML make your changes then save and re-export (and it will contain all the resources that it originally contained, unless of course you changed those resources after loading it up).

The easiest way to prevent the personality from being lost when creating from an existing deck is to make a change to the personality. This forces the Deck Builder to recognize the personality as a new (or edited) personality which needs to be re-exported. The change can be as simple as adding a character to the name (then removing said character if desired), changing the associated music, etc....
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 28 Aug 2015, 17:48

Alright, thanks. I can definitely use the intended method for my own decks. But I'm also modify decks from others whenever they need updated to reflect card changes and stuff, so that last paragraph is still very useful. (Also, I'd feel bad if my post caused you to overlook Chakan's, so I just want to point out he posted as well.)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 29 Aug 2015, 12:26

Chakan wrote:I have a somewhat small request. Could you possibly make it so that when you click "New Deck" from the file tab that it confirms the action instead of just doing it? I've started making decks before and went down to export or save it, only for my finger to slip or something and click new deck instead, firmly wiping the deck I was working on from existence. Not a terribly big deal, but it's kind of frustrating if it happens.
Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

I can make it so that it confirms before doing the action (that's pretty easy). I can definitely see how that would be frustrating.

Xander9009 wrote:(Also, I'd feel bad if my post caused you to overlook Chakan's, so I just want to point out he posted as well.)
Oops, actually I had missed that post, thanks for pointing it out.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Utilities