It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 07:59

Text Size

[REL] Riiak's DotP 2014 Deck Builder v1.5.0.3

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: [REL] Riiak's DotP 2014 Deck Builder v1.0.2.0

Postby RiiakShiNal » 06 Jul 2013, 01:03

Thank you, future releases will also have your translation included in the distribution archives.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: [REL] Riiak's DotP 2014 Deck Builder v1.0.1.0

Postby Persee » 06 Jul 2013, 08:08

RiiakShiNal wrote:The order of unlocks is important as such the quantity on any one item in the list is limited to 1 (This is also why Quantity is not a column that is normally allowed). If you notice when you double click or use enter to add a card to unlocks that is already there it will add a second copy to the list instead of increasing the quantity.

This is by design, quantity should not be used with unlocks (if you turn it on it will be ignored when exporting). The only way to add the quantity column to the unlocks is by manually adding it to the Settings.xml file, which should not be done for this very reason.
Ok, I didn't know that Bias <> quantity. I corrected the unlocks by adding multiple copies of the same card.

Thx
Persee

Postby xXAwsomesXx » 06 Jul 2013, 17:07

How do import the XML data files on the card to this program? Do I go through the process of putting the functions and everything? Or do I just drop the XML cards into a folder and create a WAD out of the data? Also is there anyway maybe like a video tutorial you could do? I'm more a visual person then a reader.
xXAwsomesXx

Postby RiiakShiNal » 06 Jul 2013, 17:40

xXAwsomesXx wrote:How do import the XML data files on the card to this program?
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. If you mean "How do you import cards" then there are 2 ways:
  • If they are already packed/included in a Wad then just put the Wad in your Game Directory (then either restart the Builder or do "Tools"->"Refresh Data" to get the builder to see them).
  • If all you have are the XML files then make sure you have a properly configured data folder to drop them into (If you don't already have one you can use "Tools"->"Setup Custom Data Folder" this will create DATA_DLC_DECK_BUILDER_CUSTOM in your game directory) then drop them into the DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\CARDS directory.

xXAwsomesXx wrote:Do I go through the process of putting the functions and everything? Or do I just drop the XML cards into a folder and create a WAD out of the data?
If the card requires functions then, yes, the functions file must be dropped into DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\FUNCTIONS. If the art for the card does not already exist then, yes, you need to drop a TDX image into DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\ART_ASSETS\ILLUSTRATIONS with the name the card expects.

xXAwsomesXx wrote:Also is there anyway maybe like a video tutorial you could do? I'm more a visual person then a reader.
Of course there is a way, though I'm not likely to make one.

Creating and adding cards is beyond the scope of the Deck Builder anyway. The purpose of the Deck Builder is to allow the user to build decks using cards the user already has installed. As such it does not try to help the user build cards or point out card errors, or anything else of that sort. If it encounters errors reading the card then those will likely be pointed out in the Error Log.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby xXAwsomesXx » 06 Jul 2013, 19:52

Oh ok thanks for your help. I just hope that someday that I can easily import cards. But that will take time.
xXAwsomesXx

Postby stovepipe » 07 Jul 2013, 20:19

This is an amazing tool. Very useful for creating cards as well as decks since you can search the library for cards with similar abilities and then pull up their XML files.

However, I'm having an issue where the game doesn't recognize more than 24 cards in the deck. Not sure why. At first I thought it was a problem where my custom cards were blocking the others from loading properly, but when I just put 2 of each card in the deck it loads them all fine. Every combination where I had more than 24 total cards, the deck manager had 36 lands and 24 cards. Any thoughts?
stovepipe

Postby stovepipe » 07 Jul 2013, 20:32

I just tried again with a new deck of 32 built-in cards and the game only recognized 28.
stovepipe

Postby RiiakShiNal » 07 Jul 2013, 21:02

stovepipe wrote:I just tried again with a new deck of 32 built-in cards and the game only recognized 28.
Specifically, which cards and how many of each?

It is possible that the Deck Builder is somehow recognizing more cards than the game does, which might explain it, but without knowing what you tried I can't help you with your problem. It is also possible that the Builder somehow generated a bad deck, but without seeing the deck I can't say.

If there is a bug, then as soon as I find it I will fix it, but I can't find it without specifics.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby stovepipe » 08 Jul 2013, 02:04

RiiakShiNal wrote:Specifically, which cards and how many of each?
Well the first deck I noticed the issue with had self made cards in it so I won't list that deck. The second deck I tried, I just added random cards mixed colors and figure maybe that could cause an issue.

For my next test deck I used all green cards. I put in 4 of each of the following. All of which are in the base game.

Multain, Maro-Sorcerer
Mwonvuli Beast Tracker
Titanic Growth
Tooth and Nail
Tukatongue Thallid
Wall of Vines
WindStorm
Woodborn Behemoth
Yavimaya Wurm

When I opened the deck in the in game deck manager I didn't see any of either Woodborn Behemoth or Yavimaya Wurm.

My last test I edited Garruk's deck to have 4 of each of 9 different cards from the deck. This had no problems.

All of the tests had no unlocks or promo unlocks. All biases were set to 1.
stovepipe

Postby RiiakShiNal » 08 Jul 2013, 02:43

stovepipe wrote:Well the first deck I noticed the issue with had self made cards in it so I won't list that deck. The second deck I tried, I just added random cards mixed colors and figure maybe that could cause an issue.
From looking at a deck that another user is having problems with I have noticed that my Deck Builder will recognize and load more cards than the game will. For example if the actual file name of a card is "MY_GREAT_CREATURE_5341973.XML" and the FILENAME tag in the file is <FILENAME text="MY_GREAT_CREATURE_534197" /> then the game won't recognize it, but my builder will, though it will use the value from the FILENAME tag instead of the actual file name. As such this could be an issue with some cards.

There should be no problem in mixing colours or picking random cards.

stovepipe wrote:For my next test deck I used all green cards. I put in 4 of each of the following. All of which are in the base game.

Multain, Maro-Sorcerer
Mwonvuli Beast Tracker
Titanic Growth
Tooth and Nail
Tukatongue Thallid
Wall of Vines
WindStorm
Woodborn Behemoth
Yavimaya Wurm

When I opened the deck in the in game deck manager I didn't see any of either Woodborn Behemoth or Yavimaya Wurm.
I just tried this test and I have no problem, all cards appear correctly, including Woodborn Behemoth and Yavimaya Wurm. I have attached my test deck for reference (though I did not set an AI Personality or deck box image, simply so I could export it and test it faster).

I have included both the saved deck from the Deck Builder and the exported deck as a Wad. You should be able to verify that this deck matches what you reported as your test deck.
Attachments
DECK_REPORTED_PROBLEM_DECK.zip
(3.34 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: [REL] Riiak's DotP 2014 Deck Builder v1.1.0.0

Postby RiiakShiNal » 08 Jul 2013, 16:52

Version 1.1.0.0 is now up and there are a couple of important changes in this version:
  • Default deck availability has been changed from Always Available to Locked due to an issue with DotP 2014 only allowing so many decks with the always_available="true" attribute. Decks should still be unlocked by default due to setting the steam_id_1 to 213850 unless availability is set to Never Available.
  • Will now mark decks as being in a content pack equal to the Id Block (or Deck Id Change if not using Id Blocks) specified in the Options window.
  • Will now create a "Content Pack Enabler" wad on deck export so that the decks will be recognized by the game with the new content pack settings.

Hopefully this will now solve the crash issues experienced by people for decks exported from this builder. This does not change any previously exported wads, to have changes take effect on those you will need to re-export them.

This also (obviously) does not change any other modders' mods so if one of their wads was causing a crash this update won't change that, you'll just have to wait until they change their own mods.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby stovepipe » 09 Jul 2013, 00:31

RiiakShiNal wrote:I have included both the saved deck from the Deck Builder and the exported deck as a Wad. You should be able to verify that this deck matches what you reported as your test deck.
Thanks for looking into this. Your deck worked fine. I will try downloading the new version of the deck builder and changing my prefix. If I'm still having trouble, I'll make sure to include files that aren't working.
stovepipe

Postby RiiakShiNal » 09 Jul 2013, 00:42

stovepipe wrote:Thanks for looking into this. Your deck worked fine. I will try downloading the new version of the deck builder and changing my prefix. If I'm still having trouble, I'll make sure to include files that aren't working.
I try to look into all bug/problem reports as much as possible (the more bugs found means the more bugs I can fix, which means a better program). With any update there is always the possibility for failure and the possibility to introduce new bugs, but hopefully each update will have less bugs than before.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby stovepipe » 09 Jul 2013, 01:06

It's working, my guess is I chose a bad block number.
stovepipe

Postby RiiakShiNal » 09 Jul 2013, 01:42

stovepipe wrote:It's working, my guess is I chose a bad block number.
Should not have mattered, but I'm glad it's now working for you.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Utilities