It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:12

Text Size

Magic Duels Origins - Unlock All The Cards

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Magic Duels Origins - Unlock All The Cards

Postby thefiremind » 26 Nov 2015, 17:16

Tejahn wrote:I've not been able to unlock all the cards although I'm doing my best to follow the information in this thread and using the programs provided herein.
If you use my test ZED on a clean profile, when you get the starter box you automatically unlock all the cards because, as you can see, I moved all of them into the MO_SHOEBOX_CARD_POOL, while I erased the contents of the other pools. They will still be shown with their correct expansion, probably because of the SETID block within each card (but this is speculation, I haven't figured out exactly how it works yet).
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Tejahn » 26 Nov 2015, 17:33

I'll try now. I missed the 'clean profile' part. Thanks!
Tejahn

Postby Marcel Costa » 28 Nov 2015, 18:04

Hello people,

I am not sure if anyone noticed but the iOS version was left long behind once there is no modding for the profile and deck in ios yet.
Someone could fix that? Im in a long wait and willing to help but I know not how to decode the files to be able to edit decks.

EDIT 1: Im trying to decompress ZED using D15Tool.exe, changing the rarity of some cards in my deck and recompressing but when I open data000 it simply wont load the game afterwards (the origina was 450MB and my zed after was 2.5GB) and also addin cards to a card folder and cardpool into the ai deck wont work too. I dont know what else to try
Marcel Costa

Postby Tejahn » 29 Nov 2015, 15:33

If you use my test ZED on a clean profile, when you get the starter box you automatically unlock all the cards because, as you can see, I moved all of them into the MO_SHOEBOX_CARD_POOL, while I erased the contents of the other pools. They will still be shown with their correct expansion, probably because of the SETID block within each card (but this is speculation, I haven't figured out exactly how it works yet).

I figured out how to unlock all cards some days ago. And I can confirm that <SETID value="BFZ" /> is used to display the BFZ set symbol as you can see with how I added it to Ephara, God of the Polis above. There is also a 'Blank' expansion_bfz_AI_common.TDX BFZ (uncommon, rare, mythic) set symbol that the the AI uses in the tutorials to hide the rarity of the cards used.

w0lf wrote:
demeitri1 wrote:so my question is what about card quantity?... am i stuck with only 1 brimaz for all eternity?
Nope. I know this is old and all but I figured I'd post this anyways. Just the other day I finally got around to using the encode/decode tool posted by spirolone HERE.

I will admit the wording made spirolone's post a bit hard to understand but it's actually super easy to give yourself 4x all the cards. As spirolone mentions in the thread, all the unlocks are stored @ hex offset of 581 in the decoded profile.

Each card unlock state is 1/2 of a byte. They are as follows

0=Locked

1=1x
2=2x
3=3x
4=4x
5=5x
6=6x
7=7x

8=Locked

9=1x Foil
A=2x Foil
B=3x Foil
C=4x Foil
D=5x Foil
E=6x Foil
F=7x Foil

Once you've edited it you can use the in-game editor like normal to give yourself up to 7x of any card in any deck because there is no check in game to stop this.

Here is what a fully 4x unlocked all cards foil looks like:
| Open

And here it is in game:
| Open

You can also edit the quantity by editing a deck you've created which are all stored @ 1246. However this seemed more challenging for me to figure out. I think an external deck editor could be made but I wasn't sure of any method to figure out which card was which at a fast speed. If a deck editor were made it would also be limited to existing cards of course so there wouldn't be a whole lot of point in one existing.

I determined each card is 2 bytes and that's about it. Here are some examples:

01 00 - Artful Dodge
01 01 - Russet Wolves
01 02 - Kitesail Apprentice
01 03 - Arbor Colossus
11 00 - Blood Feud
11 04 - Stormbreath Dragon
61 06 - Goblin Rabblemaster
81 06 - Inferno Titan

Further analysis

1 - ?
2 - # of card (same numbers as editing your collection)
3 - Always 0
4 - ?

Bits 1 and 4 determine the card but there is no determinable ordering as far as I can tell.
Is this possible with Magic Duels? I've been changing the rarity of cards to common so I can use up to 4 of them but if anyone can find a way to disable the Rarity Restriction or provide a file allowing such I would be grateful. Ideally, I would like to be able to add up to 25 of each card because I want to try a Shadowborn Apostle deck.

Lastly, is it possible to foil the cards like in 2015? If so, how?
Tejahn

Postby spirolone » 29 Nov 2015, 17:23

Marcel Costa wrote:Hello people,

I am not sure if anyone noticed but the iOS version was left long behind once there is no modding for the profile and deck in ios yet.
Someone could fix that? Im in a long wait and willing to help but I know not how to decode the files to be able to edit decks.
I'm sorry: you are right. But don't worry, I updated my Java class to manage iOS profiles.
Actually I would like to create a new thread about profile editing, but maybe I'll need one or two days...
spirolone
Programmer

Postby spirolone » 30 Nov 2015, 04:39

Tejahn wrote:I figured out how to unlock all cards some days ago. And I can confirm that <SETID value="BFZ" /> is used to display the BFZ set symbol as you can see with how I added it to Ephara, God of the Polis above. There is also a 'Blank' expansion_bfz_AI_common.TDX BFZ (uncommon, rare, mythic) set symbol that the the AI uses in the tutorials to hide the rarity of the cards used.

Is this possible with Magic Duels? I've been changing the rarity of cards to common so I can use up to 4 of them but if anyone can find a way to disable the Rarity Restriction or provide a file allowing such I would be grateful. Ideally, I would like to be able to add up to 25 of each card because I want to try a Shadowborn Apostle deck.

Lastly, is it possible to foil the cards like in 2015? If so, how?
Yes, it's possible: you could unlock 7 instances of each card and create deck with more than 7 instances of a card.
I created a new thread about profile editing: viewtopic.php?f=99&t=17931
I uploaded source code of my Java class; now I think to use that thread to upload Jar programs to perform specific tasks... :mrgreen:
spirolone
Programmer

Postby Tejahn » 30 Nov 2015, 22:46

Yes, it's possible: you could unlock 7 instances of each card and create deck with more than 7 instances of a card.
I created a new thread about profile editing: viewtopic.php?f=99&t=17931
I uploaded source code of my Java class; now I think to use that thread to upload Jar programs to perform specific tasks... :mrgreen:
Thanks! I'll go and check it out.
Tejahn

Postby Tejahn » 30 Nov 2015, 23:29

I posted in the wrong thread. Sorry. Mods please delete this post.
Last edited by Tejahn on 30 Nov 2015, 23:51, edited 3 times in total.
Tejahn

Postby Tejahn » 30 Nov 2015, 23:35

I posted in the wrong thread. Sorry. Mods please delete this post.
Tejahn

Postby scourge42 » 01 Dec 2015, 15:27

I am getting "Error: Could not find or load main class" When I try to run the jar file.
scourge42

Postby spirolone » 01 Dec 2015, 15:45

scourge42 wrote:I am getting "Error: Could not find or load main class" When I try to run the jar file.
What Jar? Is your Java correctly configured?
spirolone
Programmer

Postby scourge42 » 02 Dec 2015, 01:15

I unzipped spirolonepatch.zip and placed MDO_patch.jar into a new folder. I copied C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\19207582\316010\remote\19207582.profile into the same folder. When I click on MDO_patch.jar I get the error. I've tried renaming the files too.

I did a fresh install of the latest version of Java Runtime Environment, and uninstalled all older versions on my PC. I've done nothing to configure it.
scourge42

Postby spirolone » 02 Dec 2015, 07:22

scourge42 wrote:I unzipped spirolonepatch.zip and placed MDO_patch.jar into a new folder. I copied C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\19207582\316010\remote\19207582.profile into the same folder. When I click on MDO_patch.jar I get the error. I've tried renaming the files too.

I did a fresh install of the latest version of Java Runtime Environment, and uninstalled all older versions on my PC. I've done nothing to configure it.
I'm happy to see someone writing exactly what he did! Thank you, it's easier to help in such a way!
I think your problem is related to Java configuration: is a Java path present in "Environment Variables" of your PC (see https://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml )? Did you try to run jar file from command prompt?
spirolone
Programmer

Postby spirolone » 05 Dec 2015, 11:33

I updated my patches to Battle For Zendikar expansion and edited first post of this thread! :mrgreen:
spirolone
Programmer

Postby break » 18 Dec 2015, 05:24

I just check out the latest update from your OP and it works like a charm !!

I have only tested it in offline mode, and now it has a lot more cards to choose from.

It is unfortunate that all the "ALLY" cards are not in the game.

The card "Ally Encampment" would be nice to test out against the AI/CPU.

Anyhow, thanks again and I look forward to you are your teams excellent work !!
Pokemon Red 3DS-XL friend code : 1864-9639-1699 (Zeheart)
break

PreviousNext

Return to Utilities