It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:26

Text Size

Magic Duels Origins - Unlock All The Cards

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Magic Duels Origins - Unlock All The Cards

Postby Marcel Costa » 05 Oct 2015, 23:00

I dont have a clue on what a Xor operation mean. Is it an intersection look up on two consecutive bytes through the hex editor?
Marcel Costa

Postby Xander9009 » 05 Oct 2015, 23:55

My understanding of it is that an Xor operation is "exclusive or". It's performed on two consecutive bits, and returns 1 if one byte is 1 and the other is 0.

However, I'm not sure if the Xor they're using operates as an iterative process where each Xor includes the result of the previous one, or if it's not iterative. In other words, if the original is: 11010010;
Then I'm not sure if the result is: 10011100 or 10111011 (I did these in my head, so they're realitvely likely to be incorrect no matter how it's done lol).
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Marcel Costa » 06 Oct 2015, 02:12

My understanding of it is that an Xor operation is "exclusive or". It's performed on two consecutive bits, and returns 1 if one byte is 1 and the other is 0.

However, I'm not sure if the Xor they're using operates as an iterative process where each Xor includes the result of the previous one, or if it's not iterative. In other words, if the original is: 11010010;
Then I'm not sure if the result is: 10011100 or 10111011 (I did these in my head, so they're realitvely likely to be incorrect no matter how it's done lol).
But how do you actually do this on the profile? Using a simple hex editor or it must be a software which contain specific functions to be called?
And also I could open it in hexadecimal, not in binary.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 23.10.52.png
Marcel Costa

Postby Xander9009 » 06 Oct 2015, 02:20

Keep in mind I'm not the most knowledgeable person here on this, so this could be a little wrong, or possibly even entirely wrong. However, most programming languages have functions for reading a file in binary. I use AHK for various thing, and it's an EXTREMELY simple programming language, but even it can, because it's a very simple idea. So, there are probably lots of programs that can edit a file at the binary level. I know that the editing they do is using a program written by spirolone in java. So, a standard hex editor might not have the ability. It's a programming function, and thus is used in a program you'd need to write yourself if you want to do something specific with it. If and when thefiremind or spirolone see this, they'll probably have a much better explanation.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby spirolone » 06 Oct 2015, 05:46

"Xor" is a bitwise operation and you need it to "decrypt" profile files. Making a program to do such a task is pretty simple, but then? I'm actually working on pc version of profiles, but it is different from iOS version; maybe I could adapt some piece of code to work on iOS version, but what do you want to do exactly? However whan I'll finish methods to read and write decks inside profile, we can try and see if, on iOS, cards are stored in same way inside decks...
spirolone
Programmer

Postby Marcel Costa » 07 Oct 2015, 00:41

I need to be able to save constructed decks made with the unlocked cards (AI included). Also to be able to play online once the two headed giant mode only works online, even if just against AI. Every time I open the game I have to block the game connections so to avoid online check otherwise the cards will appear locked and I have to rebuild decks at every play.

EDIT 1

Also it would be nice to be able to add 4 cards of those I really use in my deck. Some of them have only 2 or 3 available even with the cards unlocked.
Marcel Costa

Postby PequenoVitor » 14 Oct 2015, 08:23

Spirolone,

First of all, thanks and great work.

I hate to do this, but I gotta ask: I'm playing 2014 again so I can keep in touch with friends from home. I unlocked all the cards a million years ago on the tablet version, now I'm playing pc version and I can't be bothered. Is there any way you could unlock the thirty cards and ten original decks on a 2014 profile? I can't find a unlocked profile to save my life. I'd ask for the tips to do it myself, but I'm a philosophy doctorate candidate, so you can imagine how fluent I am with Hex Editing! :lol:

Attached my own profile just in case you get a chance. I really do appreciate it.

Thanks!

V
PequenoVitor

Postby thefiremind » 14 Oct 2015, 11:58

PequenoVitor wrote:Is there any way you could unlock the thirty cards and ten original decks on a 2014 profile?
I haven't tested it personally, but this should work.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby PequenoVitor » 14 Oct 2015, 15:12

thefiremind wrote:
PequenoVitor wrote:Is there any way you could unlock the thirty cards and ten original decks on a 2014 profile?
I haven't tested it personally, but this should work.
Hey! Thanks, thefiremind! Let me just quickly ask since I got you here, I've been looking into Community Wad and adding some stuff with Riiak's Deck Builder. Let me ask: if I want to play with my buddies multiplayer, even though we all bought 2014 from Steam, still we have to have all the same mods, right? Modded decks, and such, in order to play together, no? You guys do amazing work. Keep at it.
PequenoVitor

Postby thefiremind » 14 Oct 2015, 23:50

PequenoVitor wrote:if I want to play with my buddies multiplayer, even though we all bought 2014 from Steam, still we have to have all the same mods, right? Modded decks, and such, in order to play together, no?
Yes, you need to be sure to have all the same identical files.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Marcel Costa » 28 Oct 2015, 03:12

Any chance modding cards and decks for ios yet?

EDIT 1:
I (guess I) decrypted my profile file with an online tool trying to find the XOR encryption key and I got two possible files added below. I had to add .zip ext so to be able to upload it.

I don't know what to do with them however...
Attachments
p1.profile.zip
(24.02 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
65b658c9-e41b-4174-a6da-d444dcee006e.zip
(26.69 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
00a005dd-8427-4c85-a3ca-276e2bdb1fae.zip
(26.69 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
Marcel Costa

Postby break » 07 Nov 2015, 21:24

Thanks for the share and I will now check this out !

** EDIT **

Awesome, it appears to work like a charm ^_^"

Very surprised at the low amount of cards available in this game...but I suppose the update will change all of that.
Pokemon Red 3DS-XL friend code : 1864-9639-1699 (Zeheart)
break

Postby Tejahn » 25 Nov 2015, 05:52

break wrote:Thanks for the share and I will now check this out !

** EDIT **

Awesome, it appears to work like a charm ^_^"

Very surprised at the low amount of cards available in this game...but I suppose the update will change all of that.
Well, I've had absolutely no luck unlocking all the cards for PC. I second the suggestion I read previously that we be able to add at least 4 cards regardless of rarity. (I circumvented this limitation in 2015 by changing the card rarity to common in their XMLs. I hope there is a way to disable the rarity conundrum)

For cards like Shadowborn Apostle I suppose we should be able to add up to 25. (I bypassed this limitation by creating multiple XMLs of the same card in 2015) Speaking of which, after using TFM's test ZED contents v2.zip I now have two copies of Benthic Infiltrator, Cliffside Lookout, Kor Bladewhirl, Makindi Patrol, Mind Raker, Mist Intruder, Murk Strider, Ondu Champion, Ruin Processor, and Stonework Puma.

I just recently started getting into modding again and would like to request a step by step tutorial to unlock all cards is this format:

Steps:
And so on. Either way, I should mention that I use SmartSteamEmu for testing purposes and I'll keep trying to figure this unlock method out.
Tejahn

Postby thefiremind » 25 Nov 2015, 16:09

Tejahn wrote:after using TFM's test ZED contents v2.zip I now have two copies of Benthic Infiltrator, Cliffside Lookout, Kor Bladewhirl, Makindi Patrol, Mind Raker, Mist Intruder, Murk Strider, Ondu Champion, Ruin Processor, and Stonework Puma.
Those are the cards added to the "D" pool with BFZ. Did you use my ZED on a clean profile? There shouldn't be any duplicates with a clean profile because I moved all the cards into a single pool.

I just noticed that I forgot to re-add the BFZ boosters' cards into my single pool, so I'm going to update the attachment in my test topic. But that can't be the reason for the duplicates.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Tejahn » 26 Nov 2015, 13:37

I just noticed that I forgot to re-add the BFZ boosters' cards into my single pool, so I'm going to update the attachment in my test topic. But that can't be the reason for the duplicates.
E1_BFZ_BOOSTER_SET.png
E1_BFZ_BOOSTER_SET

You're correct. I discovered the reason for the duplicates. I combined both spirolone and your test files. He kept the default cards. I erased them and no longer have that issue. However, editing the card XMLs are the EXACT SAME as in past Duels games except that now we can alter their rarity attribute in the CardPools folders. For BFZ it's the E1_BFZ_BOOSTER_SET and E1_SHOEBOX_CARD_POOL XMLs.

With that said, it still doesn't matter for me yet because I've not been able to unlock all the cards although I'm doing my best to follow the information in this thread and using the programs provided herein. I've been away for a while so I'm re-familiarized myself with everything.
Tejahn

PreviousNext

Return to Utilities