It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 17:05

Text Size

DOTP 2012 - Deck Editor Revised

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

DOTP 2012 - Deck Editor Revised

Postby jstauffer » 14 Sep 2011, 14:59

Hello all,

I started work on this several weeks ago but have been busy with work and other things but I have a working copy available now ...

System Requirements: Windows OS / .NET 3.5 or newer

Deck Editor Revised ( version 1.091411 ) ~ 21.8 MB

A deck editor for Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012. Requires that you use a cracked Magic2012.exe file ( this can be located on this forum; look for Casper's 2012 Custom Content ). The application allows you to create custom DLC ( default of DLC_1111 per Casper's 2012 Custom Content is setup when first running the application but you can create your own or more if you want ). It will also "pack" and move content to the DotP 2012 directory. Since I didn't have time to include help within the application I'll provide brief instructions below and will try to get it in the application as I have time.

Installation:

No actual installation is necessary. Simply run DeckEditorRev.exe from anywhere on your PC. When the application is first run it will create a "rev" directory for resources. Quite a few images ( e.g. card frames and mana symbols ) are imbedded in the application which is constitutes the bulk of the size. The actual application size is roughly 800 KB.

\rev\content - This is where content is stored including cards, decks and unlocks. Note that the cards and illustrations folders are setup but not used by this application ... yet ... so if you have custom cards then you can just manually put them in these directories and then load them ( more on this below ) so that they show up in available cards for selection.

\rev\data - This is where available cards and illustrations are stored. In the application, under Tools you can load cards and illustrations ( you'll be prompted for the source directory and gibbed tools directory in the case of illustrations ). For illustrations you want the directory with TDX files since the application will convert them for you. Alternatively you can just place the card XML files in the cards folder and the illustration images ( already converted ) in the illustrations folder. The illustrations are not necessary.

\rev\tmp - This is a temporary directory and can be cleared as often as you want.

Working in Deck Editor Revised:

You can create new or delete existing content packs. Really only 1 content pack is necessary but the option is there in case you wanted to create additional. Each content has separate decks and unlocks ( and custom cards ). If you want to use custom cards they will need to be loaded ( via Tools > Load Cards or by placing the XML files in the \rev\data\cards directory ) so they show up as available cards. Also the cards would need to be in another content pack ( outside Deck Editor Revised ) or you must manually place the cards in the respective \rev\content\<DLC> CARDS directory. If they are just loaded as available cards you'll be able to add them to decks/unlocks but they will not exist in the game. Since this feature isn't really supported yet it hasn't been tested.

You can create new decks, open existing decks, save decks, save decks as, import decks and export decks.

The available cards, deck cards and unlocks cards list boxes all have right-click menus. I won't go into detail but you can check it out and see the options for yourself. They also have shortcut keys ( list is in Tools > Shortcuts ).

The displayed card "images" have a right-click option to open the card file ( default editor ).

The mana symbols above the search box can be clicked to filter/not filter mana colors.

You can create multiple unlocks. You don't have control over the naming of these files but all other information is editable.

The application keeps track of UID's ( across all content packs ) and when creating new decks/unlocks it will use the next one in sequence.

When a deck is loaded you'll see the deck name beside the deck info button. The deck info button takes you to, surprise, deck information and allows you to modify data for the deck including land config and setting unlock keys ( although I'm not sure since it's because I've done so much testing but most of the decks I create don't need the keys set for unlocks, they are automatically unlocked in game ... ). The deck info button has a right-click menu to view deck stats ( similar to in game deck stats ) and save or delete the deck.

When opening or saving a deck as you can right-click on an existing deck for a menu to appear to allow deletion of the deck.

When sending content you don't have to select the actual "DotP" directory if you don't want to. You can choose to save the result wad file to your desktop for instance.

Notes:

I have done extensive testing and everything works great. That's not to say that issues won't come up but if they do ( for instance decks not showing up in game ) the first thing you should do is delete your profile. In most cases, even when deleting decks from content packs, the game still works fine but there are rare instances when it doesn't so like I said try deleting your profile ( which you should backup before using this application just in case ) and see if that works.

This is a free application and does not provide any warranties, guaranties or such. Use at your own risk and if you break something it's not my or anyone else's obligation to fix it.

You can email suggestions / issues to jrdstauffer@gmail.com.

Have fun and I hope you enjoy.

The application can be downloaded from http://deckeditorrev.webhop.net/ ...
jstauffer
Programmer

Re: DOTP 2012 - Deck Editor Revised

Postby jstauffer » 14 Sep 2011, 15:22

Here a few a screenshots:

rev-main.jpg

rev-deckinfo.jpg
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby Asta666 » 14 Sep 2011, 15:37

cheers!! i've been looking for something like this since i got the game. Great work. =D>

Edit: I noticed when selecting the illustrations folder \Data_Core_unpacked\DATA_CORE\DATA_PC\DATA_SHARED\ART_ASSETS\ILLUSTRATIONS the editor reports no available files there (but all the tdx are there) is this a bug or something that will be implemented in the future?
Asta666

Postby jstauffer » 14 Sep 2011, 17:03

Thanks for the feedback. I'll check on the issue you're having with loading illustrations.
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby Asta666 » 14 Sep 2011, 17:33

I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong but when trying to use "send content" i get the same problem as with loading illustrations... i tried editing the deck with the editor and then exporting it to replace caspersdeck and then create the dlc_111 with wad program but then i get an error from the program mtg2012.exe. When editing caspersdeck.xml with notepad++ and creating the .wad with wadprogram it works fine though #-o
Asta666

Postby jstauffer » 14 Sep 2011, 18:13

When loading illustrations ... are you sure you're selecting the ILLUSTRATIONS folder? I just checked and it seems to be working fine. After you have selected the ILLUSTRATIONS folder the path is saved in case you want to do it again so if you go back and try again you should see:

Illustrations Directory:

...\DATA_CORE\DATA_PC\DATA_SHARED\ART_ASSETS\ILLUSTRATIONS

Would you like to use this directory?

[ ] Do not show this message again Yes No Cancel

Does the path appear correct when you do this?

What do you mean when you say that you're getting the same problems as with loading illustrations when trying to send content? That it doesn't seem to be working? Because it shouldn't give you an error message about no files to convert ...

It kind of sounds like you need to delete your profile though. I checked this by deleting the custom content ( DLC_1111 ) from the dotp install directory, running Deck Editor Revised fresh, creating a new deck and sending content. I tried to start the game and it crashed. I deleted my profile and tried to start the game again and it worked fine. I'm not sure how the game handles this but the only solution is to delete your profile ( or perhaps create new content in Deck Editor Revised with different naming of course ). Once it's been setup using Deck Editor Revised you shouldn't have any issues adding/removing decks ( at least I didn't ).

Another possibility could be that permissions in the dotp install directory are denying the transfer. I noticed on my machine that was the case before I changed it. You can check by trying to create a file in the directory and see if you get prompted about requiring permission.
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 14 Sep 2011, 18:47

I've uploaded an updated version of Deck Editor Revised to:

http://deckeditorrev.webhop.net/

Changes Include:

The APPID_LINKING files are now re-created when you save a deck. Previously they were re-created when you chose to "Send Content" but presented an issue with correctly retrieving unlock keys as well as if you were to not use the "Send Content" feature and tried to manually pack and move the resulting wad ( the APPID_LINKING files wouldn't have been created or updated ).
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby Asta666 » 14 Sep 2011, 19:27

The path i'm selecting for illustrations is correct. When i try to load illustrations or "send content" i get error "gibbed directory doesn't containg the proper files...". I tried deleting my profile and changing folder permissions but i still get the same error (i'm trying with the last version you uploaded).
Asta666

Postby jstauffer » 14 Sep 2011, 21:31

And when prompted to select the gibbed
directory you're choosing the location where gibbed tools is? The application checks to make sure the tdxconvert exe is in this directory for loading illustrations and that the pack exe is in this directory before continuing as they are necessary to perform these functions.
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 14 Sep 2011, 22:45

It did get me thinking though. I'm not sure how many versions of gibbed tools are out there so I added what I have as well as the cracked Magic_2012 exe to the archive at:

http:\\deckeditorrev.webhop.net
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 14 Sep 2011, 22:46

jstauffer
Programmer

Postby Asta666 » 14 Sep 2011, 23:57

Sorry I didn't know gibbed tools were required (doh). Now both things work (although illustrations seem to take awfully long) but I still have the exe error. Could you tell me how to delete my profile? I can't seem to find it anywere, there is a folder in my documents under Wizards of the Coast\profiles but it is already empty.
Asta666

Postby jstauffer » 15 Sep 2011, 00:06

Lol, yeah when you're loading all the images it does take quite some time. There is a warning about this.

Depending upon your version of windows:

C:/Users/<user>/Appdata/Local/SKIDROW/49720/Storage for Vista/7 and I can't believe this but it's been so long I can't quite remember for XP or earlier. Maybe C:/Documents and Settings/<user>/Appdata? and the same as above ...

I think Appdata is a hidden folder so you have to have view hidden files and folders checked in folder settings if it's not already.
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby jstauffer » 15 Sep 2011, 00:26

Also other information I didn't include in the original post:

You can import/export decks in both XML and DEC formats. You'll need to change the file filter in the open / save file dialog.

How I use this is I use dropbox to save decks using Decked Builder for iPhone and import them into Deck Editor Revised. I then export it out back to the same folder so I can open back up in Decked Builder. I've requested that Decked Builder allow custom "card sets" so that it would be possible to look only for cards available in DotP 2012. It would make the process a bit better.

You can also double-click on a card in your deck or unlocks to open up a "view card" window.
jstauffer
Programmer

Postby Asta666 » 15 Sep 2011, 00:34

It's all working fine now, thanks for your support!! Great program!
Asta666

Next

Return to Utilities