It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 14:39

Text Size

ver 1.5.14 : Double activation of spirit link (orcish)

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

ver 1.5.14 : Double activation of spirit link (orcish)

Postby firnustius » 17 Mar 2014, 14:22

Hi,

Not sure it's the good way to put a "Rules" bug, but with Orcish Artillery + Spirit Link : There are 2 activation of spirit link because there are 2 activation of Orcish artillery.

I must earn 2 life ( Orcish do 2 damage to opponent + 3 damage to me : spirit link give me 5 damage : 5-3=2), but i earn 5 life and not 2.

See the log in the picture,
Capture_2014-03-17.png

And more here : Orcish Artillery can do only one damagee to Birds of Paradise (Bird of paradise without any boost).
Thanks
PS: seems to have a bug too with firststrike + death touch : death touch is applied even if creature don't do damage do to first strike, but have to do a log.
firnustius

Re: ver 1.5.14 : Double activation of spirit link (orcish)

Postby friarsol » 17 Mar 2014, 14:37

Please read the link in my signature for how we ask new users post bug reports.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Marek14 » 17 Mar 2014, 16:49

firnustius wrote:Hi,

Not sure it's the good way to put a "Rules" bug, but with Orcish Artillery + Spirit Link : There are 2 activation of spirit link because there are 2 activation of Orcish artillery.

I must earn 2 life ( Orcish do 2 damage to opponent + 3 damage to me : spirit link give me 5 damage : 5-3=2), but i earn 5 life and not 2.

See the log in the picture,
Capture_2014-03-17.png

And more here : Orcish Artillery can do only one damagee to Birds of Paradise (Bird of paradise without any boost).
Thanks
PS: seems to have a bug too with firststrike + death touch : death touch is applied even if creature don't do damage do to first strike, but have to do a log.
The Spirit Link thing is a bug, but not in the way you think.

Theoretically, there are three kinds of triggers that trigger on damage:

1) Effects that trigger on a specific source dealing damage to a specific thing. These are a majority, Hypnotic Specter is a good example -- it triggers when it deals damage to opponent. If it would somehow deal damage to several opponents at once, it would trigger once for each.
2) Effects that trigger on a specific thing receiving damage. These are rarer -- example could be Angelheart Vial. These effects will trigger only once, even if the thing takes damage from several sources, for example Angelheart Vial should only trigger once in combat damage step and gain counters equal to the total amount of damage dealt to you. Note that these effects cannot do anything about the source of the damage, affect it in any way or read its characteristics -- you'd need the first type for that.
3) Effects that trigger on a specific source dealing damage. This is where Spirit Link belongs in. These will trigger only once if the source deals damage to multiple things and they are "blind" to the recipients.

So, what's the problem? Well, it seems that Forge only has type 1 implemented. Cards of type 2 and 3 are implemented approximately as cards of type 1. This implementation generally doesn't have too much issues since most of these effects scale with damage, and so you still get the same effect, just in several instances. Of course, there are incorrect interactions with cards like Stifle and occassional bugs like Dromad Purebred which should only give 1 life even when damaged by multiple sources at once.

Orcish Artillery's ability deals damage to two things -- 2 to the target and 3 to you. This means it deals total of 5 damage (unless some is prevented), and so Spirit Link should trigger once and give you 5 life. As currently implemented, though, it will trigger twice, once for the 2 damage to the target and once for the 3 damage to you -- but you'll still gain 5 life in total. In the end, your life total should be 2 higher than before Orcish Artillery's ability resolved, unless something weird interfered.
Marek14
Tester

Postby firnustius » 17 Mar 2014, 17:57

friarsol wrote:Please read the link in my signature for how we ask new users post bug reports.
Yes, i read it, but don't really find where post .

[EDIT] No have really 5 live added

Last edited by firnustius on 17 Mar 2014, 18:12, edited 2 times in total.
firnustius

Postby friarsol » 17 Mar 2014, 18:05

firnustius wrote:
friarsol wrote:Please read the link in my signature for how we ask new users post bug reports.
Yes, i read it, but don't really find where post .
"1) Determine which version of Forge you are using.
a) If this is the latest beta release, please post in the forum thread that announced the release of the beta."

Typically that's the top-most stickied thread on the Forums and should be the same place you got the download link from originally. Our release threads generally follow the Forge Beta <Date> ver. <Version> template, so they should be pretty easy to find, even if the most recent one doesn't happen to be the first one.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby firnustius » 17 Mar 2014, 18:13

friarsol wrote:"1) Determine which version of Forge you are using.
a) If this is the latest beta release, please post in the forum thread that announced the release of the beta."
OK,

Do it next time ...
firnustius

Return to Forge