It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:11

Text Size

Having issues connecting

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Having issues connecting

Postby lmno01 » 13 Aug 2014, 01:58

Can't connect currently, was DC'ed. I'm sure this is already being looked into but I would like to post in the small chance that is is not. Also would post the logs but it is too spamy to post even as code according to the forums.
lmno01

Re: Having issues connecting

Postby powurz » 13 Aug 2014, 05:01

I too am having issues. Unfortunately, I had agreed to have the program auto-connect me to the public server, which is freezing up the program (even waiting 15 minutes for a timeout didn't help).

I tried reinstalling to the same folder, deleting and replacing the folder, and creating a second folder, and it appears that the setting to auto connect is elsewhere. If that's a file I can edit or delete I'd love to give that a shot.

P.S. I just installed the program for the first time today and was playing with a friend on the public server when something suddenly crashed us both (my assumption was the server going down) and I've had this issue ever since. My friend, who I guess did not have 'auto connect' ticked, was able to get on the alternate server.
powurz

Postby noxx » 13 Aug 2014, 20:25

We use Java Preferences API for it that stores values in Windows Registry.

For Windows 7 it is located in
Code: Select all
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs
Not sure but for Windows XP it is located in
Code: Select all
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Prefs
noxx
DEVELOPER

Postby NotGarron » 17 Aug 2014, 20:12

My friends and I have had disconnect issues in a 4 way draft. We would disconnect anytime we attempted to submit and we would not be able to reconnect. Ending the process in task manager and relaunching allows us to reconnect. The same problem appears when we attempt to submit again.
NotGarron

Return to XMage