It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 11:46

Text Size

MTG - CONVOKE-CARDS PACK 35 CARDS

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

MTG - CONVOKE-CARDS PACK 35 CARDS

Postby NeoAnderson » 21 Oct 2014, 00:28

MTG - CONVOKE-CARDS PACK

CONVOKE
Convoke is an approximation made by me, it is almost rules compliant, it is coded using the limitation of Dotp Engine.
It is coded starting from my Delve implementation, but i made some important changes, now it uses an ability manager, the ability can be granted, and also uses some mana colours checks to use the right colour of mana comparing the creatures and the spell.
Mostly it should be an automatic tapping, but sometimes with multicoloured cards you could be requested which colour you want to produce, if it happens choose the appropiate colour you need.
I made some tests during the coding of this ability but i am not sure it is still bug free, so please if you experience
a weird behaviour, or you get a script log please report it into this topic so we can try to fix the issue.

35 CARDS INCLUDED | Open
Angel of Salvation
Autochthon Wurm
Chant of Vitu-Ghazi
Chief Engineer
Chord of Calling
Conclave Equenaut
Conclave Phalanx
Conclave's Blessing
Covenant of Blood
Crowd's Favor
Devouring Light
Endless Obedience
Ephemeral Shields
Feral Incarnation
Gather Courage
Guardian of Vitu-Ghazi
Hour of Reckoning
Kavu Primarch
Living Totem
Meditation Puzzle
Nissa's Expedition
Overwhelm
Root-Kin Ally
Scatter the Seeds
Seraph of the Masses
Siege Wurm
Sprout Swarm
Stoke the Flames
Sundering Vitae
Triplicate Spirits
Unmake the Graves
Will-Forged Golem
Obelisk of Urd
Stain the Mind
Return to the Ranks

TO USE CONVOKE :
1. If you are using manual mana add the mana you want to spend
2. Activate the ability on the card.
3. Select the creatures you want to tap onto battlefield.
4. Cast the spell

Important if a spell or an ability is played between
point 3 and 4 the selection will be reset, so you have
to select the cards again.

KNOW ISSUES
There are really few minor bugs i have found. One of these is when you cast Chord of Calling, Sprout Swarm, or Kavu Primarch you could tap more creatures than the number of creatures the spell will use, this because when you select the cards to tap they will be tapped exactly when you launch the spell, so if you decide later to don't increase X or use Buyback or Kicker that creatures will already be tapped (So you just keep attention, if you don't want to kicker, or really use that creatures don't select them).
Another small issue is about Chief Engineer the artifacts you control will gain Convoke and it will work from hand, graveyard or Exile, but if the artifact is into library it cannot use Convoke, this happens because we cannot grant activate ability to an object into library, but it is a very rare case where you can cast a card from library.

UPDATED :
REV 1.3 UPGRADED FUNCTIONS : Due of some conflicts reported by some users i decided to rename all the function inside the convoke function folder with a prefix, hope this will help to avoid missing function declaration.
REV 1.2 UPGRADED FUNCTIONS : Custom typing function now is able to detect the subgroup of available choices while you are digiting the subtype. When there will be less then 8 results (enough for one multiple choice) you will be prompted to choose directly which type you are looking for.
IMPORTANT THE CHOICES WILL CONSIDER EACH OF THE 5 LANGUAGES SUPPORTED.
For example you type : "NI" you will get these availble choices : (nightmare - Nightstalker - Nymph - Ninja)
If we consider only the english text the choices should be 3 (nightmare - Nightstalker - Ninja) but because into Spanish and Italian "Nymph" is translated as "Ninfa" also this result will be available.

REV 1.1 ADDED NEW CARDS : Obelisk of Urd, Stain the Mind, Return to the Ranks.
Added custom functions for typing "Choose creature type" cards.
Added "name non-land" function from sumomole mod, i renamed the function just to let some user who don't have sumo's mod installed to play without it. Anyway the function is the same just other name, i think also that the original function was made by Firemind.

HOW TO USE CUSTOM TYPING FUNCTION :
You can type any of the know types of MTG, you can type into 5 different languages : English, French, Spanish, German, Italian.
You can type into another language also if your game language is different. (For Example you are playing in English, you can also use French, Italian, German or Spanish words to define the type)
Examples :
To choose warrior subtype you can digit one the follow words : WARRIOR - GUERRIER - GUERRERO - KRIEGER - GUERRIERO

Each accented letter must be replaced with the corresponding letter without an accent.
Examples :
"à" must be "A"
"é" must be "E"
"ä" must be "A"

You will see the word you are typing onto "OK" button, when you have done just push the "Ok" button. If the type is not a valid type the process will be repeated.
If push previous button onto first letters page selection, you will be redirect to the last letters page selection, if you push next onto last page you will be redirect to the first page, in this way will be quicker to move around the letters.

SOME CREDITS :
Special Thanks to RiiakShiNal for his great and always useful Functions.
Thanks to Firemind and Sumomole for the "name a non-land" function

IMPORTANT!! TO USE THIS VERSION YOU NEED :
Riiak ManualMana Functions
Riiak ObjectDC Functions
Riiak Characteristics Functions
Attachments
DATA_DLC_581_NEO_CONVOKE_PACK REV 1.3.rar
MTG - CONVOKE-CARDS PACK - NEO VER 1.3
(4.12 MiB) Downloaded 1636 times
Last edited by NeoAnderson on 26 Oct 2014, 23:57, edited 8 times in total.
NeoAnderson

Re: MTG - CONVOKE-CARDS PACK 32 CARDS

Postby Xander9009 » 21 Oct 2014, 01:17

I've checked them out and they look fantastic! Seeing how you did the auto-choosing of which color to produce, I'm glad it's a lot simpler than what I posted. I imagine what I put up would be possible to work with, but it would NOT be easy. I tried a couple of times to get it working, but failed both times. Good to see you went a simpler route that actually works :)

I'm really happy these turned out well.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby NeoAnderson » 21 Oct 2014, 01:41

Xander9009 wrote:I've checked them out and they look fantastic! Seeing how you did the auto-choosing of which color to produce, I'm glad it's a lot simpler than what I posted. I imagine what I put up would be possible to work with, but it would NOT be easy. I tried a couple of times to get it working, but failed both times. Good to see you went a simpler route that actually works :)

I am glad you like my solution, i also changed it to an ability handled by an ability manager so the each single convoke card is more easier to code, and if we make modifies to the manager will affect all the cards.
In this way i can also grant ability as like Chief Engineer does.
Anyway the colour selection is not complety automatized, just when you have one colour that intersec the spell. Otherwise it i will be prompted to choose which colour to produce (always inteserc colours), generally convoke spells have few colours so is mostly an auto tapping situation.
NeoAnderson

Postby drleg3nd » 21 Oct 2014, 03:35

Nice job neo was looking for Stokes The Flame for my jeskai deck..question, will the AI be able to play these cards correctly ?
drleg3nd

Postby NeoAnderson » 21 Oct 2014, 09:35

drleg3nd wrote:Nice job neo was looking for Stokes The Flame for my jeskai deck..question, will the AI be able to play these cards correctly ?
I am not sure if the Artificial Idiot is able to play these cards i haven't spent time to test this. Please try and let me know.
UPDATE: I just made a quick test as expected the AI is not so smart to use this ability. I made a deck with only Ornithopter and Will-Forged Golem, the AI had 8 Ornithopter in play but still not cast the Will-Forged Golem. #-o
I don't think we can do something to avoid this, probably it is caused because it is not prepared to use an activated ability from hand. If someone has some ideas how to let the Ai to consider Convoke option will be appreciated.
NeoAnderson

Postby Xander9009 » 21 Oct 2014, 21:57

NeoAnderson wrote:
Xander9009 wrote:I've checked them out and they look fantastic! Seeing how you did the auto-choosing of which color to produce, I'm glad it's a lot simpler than what I posted. I imagine what I put up would be possible to work with, but it would NOT be easy. I tried a couple of times to get it working, but failed both times. Good to see you went a simpler route that actually works :)

I am glad you like my solution, i also changed it to an ability handled by an ability manager so the each single convoke card is more easier to code, and if we make modifies to the manager will affect all the cards.
In this way i can also grant ability as like Chief Engineer does.
Anyway the colour selection is not complety automatized, just when you have one colour that intersec the spell. Otherwise it i will be prompted to choose which colour to produce (always inteserc colours), generally convoke spells have few colours so is mostly an auto tapping situation.
Yeah, I noticed when I was making my code that there were only ever 0, 1, and 2 color convoke spells. Of course, Chief Engineer paves the way for more colors, such as with Transguild Courier, but that won't really matter, since it just means the player will be asked about any 2-color creatures tapping for that particular spell.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby warum » 22 Oct 2014, 01:22

Sweet, thanks!

Every Jeskai standard deck in existence here I come.
warum

Postby NeoAnderson » 22 Oct 2014, 01:43

warum wrote:Sweet, thanks! Every Jeskai standard deck in existence here I come.
You're welcome, I am glad to be helpful to increase the availbility of new cards for the community. :wink:
NeoAnderson

Postby fallenangle » 22 Oct 2014, 14:42

Neo, can you try coding Obelisk of Urd? I tried coding it with your convoke code, but I kept getting an error along the lines of "attempt to update whitecost a nil value." I use the card in most of my decks with convoke, so if you could code it, I would be very grateful. Thanks for all your help and for your amazing modding work!
fallenangle

Postby NeoAnderson » 22 Oct 2014, 14:46

fallenangle wrote:Neo, can you try coding Obelisk of Urd? I tried coding it with your convoke code, but I kept getting an error along the lines of "attempt to update whitecost a nil value." I use the card in most of my decks with convoke, so if you could code it, I would be very grateful. Thanks for all your help and for your amazing modding work!
Until now i avoided to code cards who asks to choose a type because we still don't have a perfect solution. I will try work on this function in these days, if i will get an appreciable result, i will code also cards of this kind.
NeoAnderson

Postby sweetLu » 22 Oct 2014, 16:45

What about sumo's implementation of choose a creature type don't you like? The fact it isn't multi-language?
sweetLu

Postby NeoAnderson » 22 Oct 2014, 16:48

sweetLu wrote:What about sumo's implementation of choose a creature type don't you like? The fact it isn't multi-language?
As i told to Falleangle i would start from sumomole work and make my own function. :wink:
NeoAnderson

Postby sweetLu » 22 Oct 2014, 17:13

My question is, what needs to be improved to make it a "perfect solution" given the limitations we have in DotP?
sweetLu

Postby NeoAnderson » 22 Oct 2014, 18:25

sweetLu wrote:My question is, what needs to be improved to make it a "perfect solution" given the limitations we have in DotP?
I would add a function for yhe AI choose.
I would search for the greatest number of type onto battlefield if = 0 i would search library then the other zones.
This because i am not sure the Ai could make reasonable choices.
NeoAnderson

Postby sweetLu » 22 Oct 2014, 21:48

I see. Sorry to clutter your thread with ot stuff
sweetLu

Next

Return to 2014