It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 09:24

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Xyx » 27 Feb 2015, 00:44

I would like to see a small change to the algorithm that determines a deck's colors in the various lists of decks. Currently, a mono-Red deck with Rakdos Cackler, Frostburn Weird, Burning-Tree Emissary and Boros Reckoner is displayed as a five-color deck. This approach leads to an incredible number of false positives. A better solution would be to simply ignore hybrid mana symbols. While this could in theory still lead to incorrect results, it would be far, far less than the current approach.
Xyx
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 27 Feb 2015, 06:47

Another feature (but probably trickier to implement) would be something to compare two decks and tell you all formats they've been legal together and when :)
Marek14
Tester

Postby Xyx » 28 Feb 2015, 23:50

Forge auto-tapped my Yavimaya Hollow for mana even though I had a million other lands. That wasn't nice.
Xyx
Tester

Postby Xyx » 02 Mar 2015, 14:33

Forge auto-tapped my Mana Vault even though I had a Cloudpost that could tap for 3. That wasn't nice either.
Xyx
Tester

Postby serrasmurf » 06 Mar 2015, 14:50

In constructed mode you can see hown an AI versus AI match plays out.
Would it be possible to simulate 100 games in one run? (no visuals, no actions required)
It would be a great testing tool.
serrasmurf

a couple things i'd like to see . . .

Postby Phlyghtt79 » 10 Mar 2015, 08:45

I'd like to be able to save the name of the AI for quick "constructed" mode games so it is the same every time I open up the program.
I'd like to be able to restrict game play to Pauper (and more specifically, Peasant) formats.
Phlyghtt79

Postby Phlyghtt79 » 10 Mar 2015, 09:03

wonder if there may be a way to import decks from program like Cockatrice? gonna look for a place maybe i can download some decks to play against.
Phlyghtt79

Postby Darkholme » 10 Mar 2015, 21:05

Just getting used to Forge.

I'd like it if I was given the opportunity to do things after declaring blockers. I declared a blocker that could activate for deathtouch, and was horrified to find it never gave me a chance to activate it.

I've been finding the UI a little unintuitive as to what is going on and how/when I can respond to things. For instance, I played a Jeskai Barricade, and I had to declare a target for it's bounce ability before being allowed to not use that ability. Very confusing.

I'd like an undo feature, as well (if there IS one, I haven't been able to figure out how to do it).

As a side note, some of the Keybindings are also unintuitive. Like, when I press escape; I'm expecting a menu to come up, not for it to pass the turn.

And for creatures with regenerate, I've been unable to figure out how to activate it. It would be nice if I was prompted to egenerate a creature before it would be destroyed, if it has regenerate.
Last edited by Darkholme on 10 Mar 2015, 21:24, edited 2 times in total.
Darkholme

Postby friarsol » 10 Mar 2015, 21:12

Darkholme wrote:I'd like it if I was given the opportunity to do things after declaring blockers. I declared a blocker that could activate for deathtouch, and was horrified to find it never gave me a chance to activate it.
Each of the zone indicators are red or green. If they are red you will auto-pass during them, if they are green they will allow you to activate spells/abilities. If you happen to be color blind, please check out our different themes for one that works better for you. Clicking on the indicator toggles it. Forge has some defaults for auto-skipping.

Darkholme wrote:For instance, I played a Jeskai Barricade, and I had to declare a target for it's bounce ability before being allowed to not use that ability. Very confusing.
This is actually how Magic works. Targets are chosen before triggers can go on the stack. You can choose not to use the trigger as it resolves.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Darkholme » 10 Mar 2015, 21:19

Really!

I figured if I was choosing not to use the trigger, I would not need to choose a target.

As for the indicators, I had no idea it was auto-skipping them. Now that I know what they are, I've set them all to green, and will set things to red as I determine I can skip them.
Darkholme

Postby friarsol » 10 Mar 2015, 21:28

Darkholme wrote:Really!

I figured if I was choosing not to use the trigger, I would not need to choose a target.
A common misconception, and Forge used to work that way for simplicity's sake. It makes Frost Walker a little bit more fragile if you aren't careful with your triggers.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby allas » 11 Mar 2015, 16:50

It would be great if you could play other format like Commander and Tiny leader in Quest mode
allas

Postby Marek14 » 11 Mar 2015, 19:18

It would be nice if mousing over the player portrait showed information about the player in Card Detail panel.

Things like:
Any abilities (shroud, hexproof, protection)
Starting life total and maximum hand size
His commander, if any

Also, the display of mana pool seems to have an old alphabetical color order (black-blue-green-red-white). Wouldn't it be better to rearrange the mana to standard WUBRG order? Perhaps with colorless mana as first option, not last (since generic mana shows first in mana costs).

Current layout:
Black Blue
Green Red
White Colorless

Suggested layout:
Colorless White
Blue Black
Red Green
Marek14
Tester

Postby allas » 11 Mar 2015, 21:17

Maybe I'm blind but I don't see the option to load a Commander Deck unless it's saved as .dck file, clicking on the name don't open the Editor
allas

Postby Gilg » 12 Mar 2015, 03:07

What if Quest Mode had "Goal" decks? Decks that could be defined ahead of time, even when you don't have the cards, that you could build towards and then "unlock" them for use.

For example, if I'm playing a Standard-restricted Quest Mode, I could define an Abzan Midrange deck I want to eventually have. My initial set of cards might give me 40 out of the 75. After playing for a while, buying and winning cards or boosters, I'll eventually get to 75/75 and be able to use it. And then I could start working on building the Jeskai Tokens decks and eventually "unlock" that to play.

Of course, I can be doing that in my head as-is, and just build the deck once I have the cards in Quest Mode, but this can give players goals to work towards. With set unlocks, I could even define decks I can't build with my initial sets, but then choose sets to unlock that will let me build those decks, giving even bigger goals.

This could also make use of the Net Decks feature to choose decks to build towards, though I haven't actually used that feature, so I'm not sure.
Gilg

PreviousNext

Return to Forge