It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 13:54

Text Size

Forge version 1.6.0

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Forge version 1.6.0

Postby Chris H. » 21 May 2015, 00:53

Tentative target release date: June 19 2015.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Re: Forge version 1.6.0

Postby fmartel » 23 May 2015, 18:46

Thank you, what can we expect from this new release ?
fmartel

Postby KrazyTheFox » 06 Jun 2015, 16:45

I'm looking at adding another quest preference, this time to allow boosters to be generated for sets without any. For example, C14 boosters might appear in the quest shop and could be selected as match rewards. I can't think of a short name for this one, either, though. Any thoughts?

I also added booster generation for sets without boosters defined as a fallback for quests without any sets with boosters. This currently only applies to match rewards and the sets would stop having boosters generated once a regular set with boosters is unlocked. I'm not terribly fond of this behavior, since it removes things that were once there. Would it be better to just not award boosters if none can be generated normally?

Edit: A thought just occurred to me. What would you all think of adding some boosters to the defined ones that serve up specific types of cards? Something like a pack of blue cards or a pack of artifacts?

On an unrelated note, I checked out the server stats for last month's hosting. A total of 235GB were downloaded, all but 3GB of which were actual application downloads. The first few days after the beta release saw nearly 20GB of downloads per day, after which it fluctuated between 5GB and 10GB per day. I'm expecting these numbers to get much larger this month with the addition of images. :P
Last edited by KrazyTheFox on 06 Jun 2015, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby KrazyTheFox » 06 Jun 2015, 22:47

I've just committed a change that adds all the mobile projects as official modules to the main project pom. No changes should be necessary in any build commands. The Android builds should now be able to be run from the root directory to do a completely up-to-date build in one go (installing all dependencies before building the .apk, just like the desktop version). A few dependencies have also been updated to their latest versions to prevent build errors on newer installations of the Android SDK. I've tested this on my CI server that doesn't have any Android stuff on it and the build succeeds, but if I managed to break something, let me know and I'll revert the changes. This should hopefully make your builds easier, Dan. :)
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 08 Jun 2015, 12:10

In r29604 I attempted to remedy the land filtering issue (with lands disappearing when only one color is filtered, etc.) by allowing the deck editor to show lands that contain at least one of the colors that are currently set to "on" instead of requiring it to show lands that mandatorily have all of the colors at the same time. Will now show Mountain when filtering everything out except red cards, as well as both Mountain and Forest when setting the filter to R and G. Not sure if this is optimal (will probably show more lands than necessary in some cases), further input is welcome.
r29605: Lands will no longer disappear when the "colorless cards only" filter is set, this was necessary to prevent situation when using the colorless cards only filter caused the mana-producing lands not to show. Current behavior is still not very consistent (because technically color identity is not used to filter lands in the "colorless cards only" mode), but I'm not sure how to make it more consistent and helpful at the moment...
r29606: The option to filter lands by color identity is now optional in desktop Forge. It's possible to revert to classic behavior with a toggle.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 09 Jun 2015, 05:55

r29617: That long-standing issue with some cards being "revealed face-down" when searching through your own library is now gone. Let me know if you notice anything odd.
http://bugs.cardforge.link/view.php?id=3

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby serrasmurf » 09 Jun 2015, 18:30

KrazyTheFox wrote:I'm looking at adding another quest preference, this time to allow boosters to be generated for sets without any. For example, C14 boosters might appear in the quest shop and could be selected as match rewards. I can't think of a short name for this one, either, though. Any thoughts?
Good idea. Personally i always buy fat packs, as boosters don't get you anywhere.
My main annoyance is that there are a lot of old sets that don't have fat packs, and even boosters hardly show up, hence making it very hard to chase cards from these sets through the quest shop.
Would it be an option to create fat packs for these sets?

KrazyTheFox wrote:Edit: A thought just occurred to me. What would you all think of adding some boosters to the defined ones that serve up specific types of cards? Something like a pack of blue cards or a pack of artifacts?
Cool. In the shop or as a reward? (blue booster after defeating a blue opponent). Both are fine options.

KrazyTheFox wrote:On an unrelated note, I checked out the server stats for last month's hosting. A total of 235GB were downloaded, all but 3GB of which were actual application downloads. The first few days after the beta release saw nearly 20GB of downloads per day, after which it fluctuated between 5GB and 10GB per day. I'm expecting these numbers to get much larger this month with the addition of images. :P
Did you manage to arrange this without (many) costs? If not, i'm still available to share some of the costs.
serrasmurf

Postby KrazyTheFox » 12 Jun 2015, 01:32

serrasmurf wrote:Would it be an option to create fat packs for these sets?
I can look into it. I'm not sure it's as trivial as creating boosters, however.

serrasmurf wrote:Cool. In the shop or as a reward? (blue booster after defeating a blue opponent). Both are fine options.
Both. The shop would have guaranteed boosters (at least one of each color), while the rewards would be randomized with the rest of the sets.

serrasmurf wrote:Did you manage to arrange this without (many) costs? If not, i'm still available to share some of the costs.
I think I sent you a PM a little while ago. I can send it again if you need me to. It costs only $15 per month right now, but if we ever need more space in the future that'll grow a fair bit.

--

I've been working out the details of the colored booster packs and now have packs for each of the five colors + a colorless pack. I'm trying to figure out the pricing for these, since they could potentially include cards from early sets that have high value cards. Any thoughts?

This implementation has also led to the addition of color predicates for boosters. Once I commit this, the following booster pack should work everywhere:
Code: Select all
Booster=11 Common:color("green"), 3 Uncommon:color("blue"), 1 Rare:color("red")

Edit: Boosters have been committed! Try 'em out and let me know what you think. They ended up being far more work than I had anticipated. :P
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 15 Jun 2015, 03:37

The colored booster packs seem kinda... awkward as a post-game reward to me. Anyone else? Like it just says "Blue" Blue what? Blue modern? Blue anything?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby friarsol » 16 Jun 2015, 02:04

Now I just got a reward choice with Blue twice which definitely shouldn't happen. Krazy, do these boosters adhere to Quest pool restrictions? I'm fine with them being available in the shop, but I'm pretty sure I don't like them in post game reward box.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby KrazyTheFox » 16 Jun 2015, 02:26

friarsol wrote:Now I just got a reward choice with Blue twice which definitely shouldn't happen. Krazy, do these boosters adhere to Quest pool restrictions? I'm fine with them being available in the shop, but I'm pretty sure I don't like them in post game reward box.
They should adhere to pool restrictions and removing them from the post game reward box is easy enough. I'll go take 'em out.

Edit: Latest snapshot should no longer have colored boosters available as match rewards.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Hanmac » 16 Jun 2015, 18:28

better question is where IS the latest snapshot?
i want to make more infos about issues i found but i cant test the latest version when it isnt available yet ...

also i want to make a deck with Karador, Ghost Chieftain but it didnt seems to be available yet ...
Hanmac

Postby friarsol » 16 Jun 2015, 18:35

Hanmac wrote:also i want to make a deck with Karador, Ghost Chieftain but it didnt seems to be available yet ...
Yes, it's listed as a "remaining card" on my card coverage stats post in the release thread.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby KrazyTheFox » 16 Jun 2015, 20:05

Hanmac wrote:better question is where IS the latest snapshot?
Snapshot builds are here: http://www.krazyweb.net/forge/
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Hanmac » 17 Jun 2015, 08:26

ah good that someone got me a link :P

hey i try to do Karador, Ghost Chieftain myself, but i didnt tested it yet ...
did combine Nemesis of Mortals and Haakon, Stromgald Scourge into it,
i will test it later today

Code: Select all
Name:Karador, Ghost Chieftain
ManaCost:5 W B G
Types:Creature Legendary Creature Centaur Spirit
PT:3/4
S:Mode$ ReduceCost | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Type$ Spell | Amount$ X | EffectZone$ All | Description$ CARDNAME costs {1} less to cast for each creature card in your graveyard.
SVar:X:Count$ValidGraveyard Creature.YouCtrl
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Creature.YouCtrl | ActivationLimit$ 1 | PlayerTurn$ True | AddHiddenKeyword$ May be played | EffectZone$ Battlefield | AffectedZone$ Graveyard | Description$  During each of your turns, you may cast one creature card from your graveyard.
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/karador_ghost_chieftain.jpg
Oracle:Karador, Ghost Chieftain costs {1} less to cast for each creature card in your graveyard.\nDuring each of your turns, you may cast one creature card from your graveyard.
i dont know if i manage to implement this ruling correct:
9/22/2011: If you cast a creature card from your graveyard, then Karador leaves the battlefield, then returns to the battlefield, you may cast another creature card from your graveyard that turn. If you didn't cast a creature card from your graveyard while Karador was on the battlefield the first time, you may still cast only one creature card from your graveyard when it returns to the battlefield.
i tested the card. first effect does work, second does too, but the limitation of only one per turn doesnt work yet.
Hanmac

Next

Return to Developer's Corner