It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 04:45

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby friarsol » 30 Jun 2015, 15:08

lugaru wrote:So this is one we discussed a while back but I was wondering what are the odds that we can get a slightly more MOD friendly structure so one does not have to re-install custom sets they are working on or even cubes with each update.

Personally I'm working on like 3 projects (which I hope to one day publish) and I would love it if FORGE eventually becomes a haven for custom sets and such.
Can't you just overwrite new releases on top of the old releases?

So, 1.5.0 is location <dir>/forge/. And you have <dir>/forge/res/editions/myawesomeset.txt

Then when 1.5.1 comes out you just copy the contents right on top of <dir>/forge/, it shouldn't overwrite existing files that don't have something in them from before? So after that <dir>/forge/res/editions/myawesomeset.txt still exists?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Frgrbrgr » 30 Jun 2015, 15:21

friarsol wrote:
lugaru wrote:So this is one we discussed a while back but I was wondering what are the odds that we can get a slightly more MOD friendly structure so one does not have to re-install custom sets they are working on or even cubes with each update.

Personally I'm working on like 3 projects (which I hope to one day publish) and I would love it if FORGE eventually becomes a haven for custom sets and such.
Can't you just overwrite new releases on top of the old releases?

So, 1.5.0 is location <dir>/forge/. And you have <dir>/forge/res/editions/myawesomeset.txt

Then when 1.5.1 comes out you just copy the contents right on top of <dir>/forge/, it shouldn't overwrite existing files that don't have something in them from before? So after that <dir>/forge/res/editions/myawesomeset.txt still exists?
The problem is that it overwrites files like blocks in /blockdata/ that tell Forge which editions to load, and I believe draft ranking information if a custom set uses that (though I haven't personally). There might be another couple things that need to be re-done each update as well, cardsfolder depending on how thats stored, etc/
Frgrbrgr

Postby timmermac » 01 Jul 2015, 16:31

When you are unzipping the archive for the snapshot or beta, unzip it into a new folder every time. That way, all you have to do is copy/paste anything you want to use from previous versions.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby lugaru » 03 Jul 2015, 18:01

So you guys get what I'm talking about... it would be nice if a mod could kind of rest in it's own folder and Forge detected mods, so a new forge would just pick that stuff up. You know, it is more of a 'down the line' suggestion rather than an urgent thing.

Some examples of mods:

Custom 'core' sets with your favorite cards.
Collections of alternate art cards such as a 'judge rewards' set for example.
Custom 'products' like my own 4 colored commanders I built.
And obviously custom sets and blocks... there are a lot of them out there but nowhere to really play them. Personally I've done half the work of adapting a meso american (aztecs and pirates) set and half the work of doing one based on a friends RPG. I'm also contemplating a World of Darkness inspired game like Jyhad/Vampire the eternal struggle but with MTG rules.
lugaru

Postby shteev » 12 Jul 2015, 13:16

I have a Cursed Scroll in my quest deck, and using it requires quite a lot of typing (who knew there were so many 'Vedalken' cards?). Any chance that the card dialogue box which pops up could auto select the most common card in my hand? Even selecting just the first card in my hand would be an improvement, since of course Cursed Scroll is most often activated when you have only one card in hand.
shteev

Postby gbraad » 14 Jul 2015, 05:28

Is MoJhoSto a possible option?
gbraad

Postby friarsol » 14 Jul 2015, 12:08

gbraad wrote:Is MoJhoSto a possible option?
You should probably be more explicit for people who have never heard of such a thing.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby gbraad » 15 Jul 2015, 05:25

friarsol wrote:
gbraad wrote:Is MoJhoSto a possible option?
You should probably be more explicit for people who have never heard of such a thing.
This is a Vanguard variant that uses Momir Vig (“Mo”), Jhoira of the Ghitu (“Jho”), and/or Stonehewer Giant (“Sto”) Avatar cards in play. Essentially, it is a way to play with multiple vanguard Avatar cards in play.

https://badmagicplayer.wordpress.com/20 ... xperience/

Playing multiple Vanguard avatar cards is also known as 'Freeform Vanguard'.
Last edited by gbraad on 16 Jul 2015, 02:10, edited 2 times in total.
gbraad

Postby TalpanianEmperor » 15 Jul 2015, 10:58

Would it be possible to have a "resolve current stack" button? I don't like having to mash space when I have 10+ triggers on the stack, and when someone decides to do something as I'm doing it, it's difficult to see it in time to respond.

Something that would act like you hitting space until something is added or it's empty.

Unrelated, something to be able to say "yes to all" when a Soul's attendant puts lots of "may" triggers on the stack would be appreciated, but maybe weird to implement.

Also unrelated, when tapping for mana in any combination of colours, rather than repeatedly choosing a colour from a popup menu with no indication of previously selected ones, a graphic menu like the MTGO land one for drafting would be great. http://custserv.wizards.com/images/ost/mtgo/KBPictures/KBPictures/AddLandWindow.png
"Each year that passes rings you inwardly with memory and might. Wield your heart, and the world will tremble."
-- Doran, The Siege Tower.
TalpanianEmperor

Postby friarsol » 15 Jul 2015, 12:21

TalpanianEmperor wrote:Unrelated, something to be able to say "yes to all" when a Soul's attendant puts lots of "may" triggers on the stack would be appreciated, but maybe weird to implement.
I believe we already have this by right clicking on the trigger. You can also autopass triggers in this manner.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Banichi » 18 Jul 2015, 07:21

Would it be possible to create an option near the 'Import Data' button that shows us the cards/directories that have 'Default' blank card or standard LQ download images so we know just where to go to replace what's needed? Also, the in-game 3-letter code coordination needs updating badly.

I'm updating my Forge with higher res cards, 'Import Data' created a lot of folders that don't match the 3-letter codes in-game (ARN doesn't work, but newly created AN does, wtf?), and manually sorting through 14,000+ files to figure out whats there and what isn't (60 images in AN, 78 in ARN) is ****ing tedious.

Thank you for your time.
Banichi

Postby TalpanianEmperor » 19 Jul 2015, 04:18

I'm not a representative of the Forge staff, I'm a member of the community.

Banichi wrote:Would it be possible to create an option near the 'Import Data' button that shows us the cards/directories that have 'Default' blank card or standard LQ download images so we know just where to go to replace what's needed?

The directory for PCs is C:\Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Local\Forge\Cache\pics\cards

Banichi wrote:Also, the in-game 3-letter code coordination needs updating badly.

I'm updating my Forge with higher res cards, 'Import Data' created a lot of folders that don't match the 3-letter codes in-game (ARN doesn't work, but newly created AN does, wtf?), and manually sorting through 14,000+ files to figure out whats there and what isn't (60 images in AN, 78 in ARN) is ****ing tedious.
Um ARN isn't a set code? AN is Arabian Nights. If you're having difficulty, you can download a file renamer to change the prefixes and suffixes of the files before importing data, or you could even just manually do it.
"Each year that passes rings you inwardly with memory and might. Wield your heart, and the world will tremble."
-- Doran, The Siege Tower.
TalpanianEmperor

Postby friarsol » 19 Jul 2015, 15:35

TalpanianEmperor wrote:Um ARN isn't a set code? AN is Arabian Nights. If you're having difficulty, you can download a file renamer to change the prefixes and suffixes of the files before importing data, or you could even just manually do it.
That's half correct. ARN is a new 3 letter set code (but not the original set code for Arabian Nights). The set codes that Forge uses is based on the slightlymagic team's definitions, which predates the 3 letter codes. (Since I believe those in turn were based on the MWS codes)
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Banichi » 28 Jul 2015, 09:32

Thank you for verifying the problem, Friarsol.

To TalpanianEmperor,

The 3-letter codes shown by Forge on the GUI and the codes that are needed for naming folders Forge draws HQ images from are two different values. As per my example above, 'ARN' is used for Arabian Nights in the Deck Editor. 'AN' is the name of the folder Arabian Nights HQ images are drawn from in the OS directory tree. No mention of 'AN' is made anywhere in the program itself.

The second request I made above, is to fix the discrepancy between those two. I haven't found a list of the folder names Forge requires, so a number of blank cards show up when playing.

My first request was to have forge create a list of cards in one spot that don't have images to them, or have images under a certain size/resolution. I know you can do the first by scrolling through the card list one by one, then checking the log. That is quite cumbersome however, and gets overwritten every time you open the program. A button that provides that info would be quite nice, don't you think?

Thank you for your time.
Banichi

Postby frlncsclst » 10 Aug 2015, 23:05

Was ctrl+f'ing pretty hard, but has anyone requested that Wins/Losses be tracked for the draft format? Maybe give a W/L/D column?
frlncsclst

PreviousNext

Return to Forge