It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 10:34

Text Size

Special quests

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Special quests

Postby Sloth » 03 Nov 2015, 12:24

tojammot wrote:Hey, uh ,before I actually try committing this deck, what's the criteria on challenge rewards and specifications?
Just look at similar hard challenges (for example Blood Oath). But anyway, i don't think the rewards or wins needed are balanced. So just decide for yourself.
Sloth
Programmer

Postby tojammot » 28 Nov 2015, 13:33

Okay, I've committed the endgame challenge.

Is there a way to reward specific cards? I'd like to give the player the moxen after going through all of that.
tojammot

Postby Agetian » 28 Nov 2015, 13:57

tojammot wrote:Okay, I've committed the endgame challenge.

Is there a way to reward specific cards? I'd like to give the player the moxen after going through all of that.
I think you should be able to list the cards you want to award in the Card Reward section. Try one of the following:

Card Reward=Mox Pearl;Mox Jet;Mox Ruby
Card Reward=100% Mox Pearl;100% Mox Jet;100% Mox Ruby
Card Reward=100% Mox Pearl|LEA;100% Mox Let|LEA;100% Mox Ruby|LEA

(I don't remember if you absolutely need to specify the chance and/or the set or if those are optional)
Hope this helps!

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby tojammot » 28 Nov 2015, 14:06

Alright, I'll try those suggestions. Is there a quick way to immediately test challenges? I don't feel like slogging through another save file with a tier 1 affinity deck.
tojammot

Postby Agetian » 28 Nov 2015, 14:43

tojammot wrote:Alright, I'll try those suggestions. Is there a quick way to immediately test challenges? I don't feel like slogging through another save file with a tier 1 affinity deck.
Umm unfortunately I don't know of a quick test mechanism (I don't think it exist), the best option I can think of is to rig the quest save file to make the challenge appear and then back that save up for recurring tests... I'll see if I can come up with one for you. ;) I'll get back to you with that shortly.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 28 Nov 2015, 15:14

Ok, here's a test quest file for you. It's rigged to give you 6 attempts at Against all Odds. Note, however, that it doesn't have a functional deck (the deck I created for it contains 80+ randomly tossed in cards). In order to test the win rewards you'll have to enable Developer Mode in the preferences and then use the "Win Game" button from the Dev Mode tab to force a win. :)

- Agetian
Attachments
test_quest.tar.gz
(4.64 KiB) Downloaded 550 times
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 28 Nov 2015, 19:04

Ok, I tested the basic form (with the card name only) and it seems to work just fine. Percentages and specific sets can be specified when and if necessary, I believe.

In r30412 I committed a version of Against All Odds that awards the original Power Nine moxen in addition to the 10 random rares as a reward. I'm not sure if this is what you intended, feel free to change as necessary.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby tojammot » 30 Dec 2015, 03:40

A Completely Different Game | Open
Human: Braid of Fire, Rule of Law, Upwelling, Heartstone
AI: Braid of Fire, Mycosynth Lattice, Doubling Cube, Leyline of Anticipation

I don't know what I should put in the opponent's deck, I'll leave it to another person. But the idea's hilariously great.
tojammot

Postby Nordos » 30 Dec 2015, 10:18

IIRC, the AI is unable to use Doubling Cube ...
Nordos

Postby tojammot » 30 Dec 2015, 10:45

Well that's fine, it wasn't really that essential anyway. (I'm just a stickler for having both players start with the same amount of permanents.)

Now I just have to figure out which cards have hearthstone equivalents
tojammot

Postby dingbat1 » 31 Dec 2015, 10:46

tojammot wrote:

I don't know what I should put in the opponent's deck, I'll leave it to another person. But the idea's hilariously great.
http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/SPAT
dingbat1

Postby Sloth » 01 Jan 2016, 13:16

tojammot wrote:

That's a fun challenge. I guess X spells are trump, especially stuff like Sphinx's Revelation, Dregs of Sorrow, Entreat the Angels and Lavalanche. Mana sinks are also good like Azure Mage.
Sloth
Programmer

Postby dingbat1 » 14 Jan 2016, 14:11

How about just having Moat and Gravity Sphere in play?
dingbat1

Postby flupo42 » 25 Apr 2016, 16:25

A few questions about scripting quests:

1. Is there a way to script a challenge on a world to be a commander battle?

2. A way to script a challenge to allow unlimited attempts at it but to disappear once the player wins it once?

3. Script world to offer all challenges and/or duels at once rather than a selection of a few of them?

More general question - I am trying to use Forge to go through the Magic Quest at tappedout net

Is there a way to script a challenge in a way that would force players to play out first few turns able to develop their own board state but unable to interact with the enemy player in any way?

Right now I am using dev tools to try and simulate that part of the Magic Quest rules by putting cards in play like Witchbane Orb, Asceticism, Darkness to prevent AI from affecting me on 'free turn' and just not playing anything that it would affect it on its free turns. If there is a level imbalance I use dev tools to cast Time Warp on either AI or myself as necessary.

I love that Forge even allows me to mess with the rules like that, but that's still an awkward way to start every duel and if anyone knows of any shortcuts to that process, would appreciate it.

Finally question:

Where would be a good place to ask about MtG lore behind specific cards and seek suggestions on building a mini quest to acquire said card?
flupo42

PreviousNext

Return to Forge Decks