It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:50

Text Size

Cant unlock new sets in quest?

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Cant unlock new sets in quest?

Postby uvatha » 03 Feb 2017, 03:37

I have played like 150 won games in quest mode and have not gotten one set unlock choice yet am I doing something wrong? I have new sets unlocks selected? do you need to win with certain deck creations? Played an older version of forge before and have unlocked sets before can't understand why I cannot now?
uvatha

Re: Cant unlock new sets in quest?

Postby RumbleBBU » 03 Feb 2017, 05:51

Taking a wild guess here...

Are you using a Quest world? If so, the world format is probably overriding your chosen format. Which also means you will not be able to unlock any new sets (those are tied to your own format, not the world format).

There is a way to use Quest worlds for opponents and still use your own format for the sets you get. You just need to define a new world with the opponent directories but no format in worlds.txt, e.g.,

Code: Select all
Name:Shandalar(no format)|Dir:shandalar
That would add a "Shandalar (no format)" world to your list of available worlds. Just the opponents, with your own custom format for cards. Then you just need to relaunch forge and travel there.

More on the subject: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=9258
RumbleBBU

Postby uvatha » 03 Feb 2017, 06:14

I don't understand are you saying to unlock sets you must only play with cards in that Quest world?
uvatha

Postby RumbleBBU » 07 Feb 2017, 05:38

uvatha wrote:I don't understand are you saying to unlock sets you must only play with cards in that Quest world?
Umm, no, I don't think so, but then, I'm not entirely sure I understand that question. :D

I'll try to explain.

Basically, there are three possible cases what your available Quest cardpool might be, depending on your Quest starting options and Quest world:

1) Full cardpool. If you didn't choose any format for "prized cards" and the world you are using is the "Main world", all legal (and implemented) cards are available to you. Obviously, there is nothing more to unlock.

2) Enforced format. When you started your Quest, you possibly chose a format for "prized cards". In that case, you ought to be able to later 'unlock' and add new sets to your format but this practically only works in the "Main world". Because there is the third case...

3) Quest world format. Most (probably all) Quest worlds except Main world define their own format, i.e. sets and cards that are legal in that world, and this format overrides the format you chose for "prized cards". No new sets can be added to it either, so you cannot unlock anything as long as you remain in a Quest world that uses its own format. To be able to unlock anything again, you need to 'travel' to a world that does not define a format of its own. IIRC, "Main world" is the only world included in the Forge distribution that doesn't define a format - but you could easily add your own new worlds that work the same way (using the instructions in my earlier post).

But it's all really explained better and in more detail in the link I posted, viewtopic.php?f=26&t=9258
RumbleBBU

Postby uvatha » 09 Feb 2017, 00:08

So the game im in at the moment might be playing with all the card choices thus will not unlock any new sets? Just adding what choices do i need to choose to make unlocking work in setting up a Quest because ive set up a few and put the unlocking win to 1 as a test and it still does not work?
uvatha

Postby RumbleBBU » 09 Feb 2017, 07:23

That's normal. You can't unlock anything after just 1 win, no matter how you set your preferences. The game is hardcoded not to allow unlocking before 20 wins (I think the requirement was 20 wins, didn't check the source).

To start a game where unlocking works, you need to define a format for "prized cards" and play a world that doesn't define a format (like the "Main world"). After that, you ought to be able to unlock sets that aren't in your format already, but you need to win 20 matches first. (After that, you can unlock 1 more set per 10 wins or whatever you set your win threshold to.)
RumbleBBU

Postby uvatha » 19 Feb 2017, 09:07

So i started a new game i choose starting pool being Legacy and prize cards being same as starting pool. I ticked allow unlock of additional editions and i have won 20 games and no unlock so the question is?

What am i doing wrong?
uvatha

Postby friarsol » 19 Feb 2017, 17:49

uvatha wrote:So i started a new game i choose starting pool being Legacy and prize cards being same as starting pool. I ticked allow unlock of additional editions and i have won 20 games and no unlock so the question is?

What am i doing wrong?
You have a legacy pool, there aren't any sets to unlock
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby uvatha » 20 Feb 2017, 02:29

Ok now i get it. So to unlock new sets later i have to choose a format or cube that does not include all the cards and then make sure i have the unlock more sets ticked.
uvatha

Return to Forge