It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 05:39

Text Size

Promo and Box Set Cards

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Promo and Box Set Cards

Postby Teppic » 14 Feb 2017, 11:41

Thanks charlequin. Ishkanah, Grafwidow is misnamed as "Ishkanah, Grafwillow"

dragsamou, by my records we never had a scan for Gisela, the Broken Blade and it's flip side. We did have scans for the others.

Postby dragsamou » 14 Feb 2017, 18:45

Teppic wrote:Thanks charlequin. Ishkanah, Grafwidow is misnamed as "Ishkanah, Grafwillow"

dragsamou, by my records we never had a scan for Gisela, the Broken Blade and it's flip side. We did have scans for the others.
Hi Teppic

I have a technical question, as I don't collect any Promos after 2010. In the link of CCGHQ Missing Promos List, you have:
Gisela, the Broken Blade / Brisela, Voice of Nightmares mentioned twice.
Does it mean that you could get both the Top and Bottom of Brisela ?
I thought that the bottom was only available with Bruna, the Fading Light, and the Top was only available with Gisela, the Broken Blade
dragsamou

Postby Teppic » 15 Feb 2017, 20:25

dragsamou wrote:I have a technical question, as I don't collect any Promos after 2010. In the link of CCGHQ Missing Promos List, you have:
Gisela, the Broken Blade / Brisela, Voice of Nightmares mentioned twice.
Does it mean that you could get both the Top and Bottom of Brisela ?
I thought that the bottom was only available with Bruna, the Fading Light, and the Top was only available with Gisela, the Broken Blade
It's a peculiarity of how I store images for the back of those cards (as the full combined card). You're right that the top and bottom are unique to each card. We have both sides of Bruna and neither side of Gisela. You can think of the second entry as representing the back of the card. I've updated the missing promos list to mark the back of Bruna as "scanned".

Postby charlequin » 18 Feb 2017, 06:59

These aren't tracked in the missing promos list yet and I believe they're starting to show up now:

charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby Teppic » 20 Feb 2017, 12:14

charlequin wrote:These aren't tracked in the missing promos list yet and I believe they're starting to show up now:

Have you seen images or scans of them somewhere? I can't find any yet.

Postby charlequin » 20 Feb 2017, 16:16

Teppic wrote:Have you seen images or scans of them somewhere? I can't find any yet.
Not yet. I reread the announcement and maybe they're not actually in stores' hands yet. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled I guess.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby gleavitt » 20 Feb 2017, 19:41

charlequin wrote:Since WotC switched to the new pre-release card structure we've been leaving these cards alone and not doing releases for them. That's starting to change today!
Your EMN prerelease package is missing some cards:

Eldritch Evolution
Imprisoned in the Moon
Permeating Mass

You also do not have the meld parts:

Hanweir the Writing Township
Hanweir the Writing Township top
Hanweir the Writing Township bottom

Possibly this is intentionally left out due to the fact prerelease card backs do not have the prerelease date stamp and are otherwise identical to the routine card version (except they are always foil)? However, this is also true of the transforming card backs which are included in the release.

You are also missing 'Gisela, the Broken Blade' and the pieces of 'Brisela, Voice of Nightmares', but I have not yet obtained a copy of this card to scan (except 'Brisela, Voice of Nightmares bottom').

The 6/8 missing images I have are in my share folder if you need them.
gleavitt

Postby charlequin » 20 Feb 2017, 20:39

Yep, there are a few cards we thought we had source scans of and did not. I'll hand these over to tempest and we'll add them to the release.

I did custom processing on the meld backs for the actual EMN release, so I'd probably have to tackle them for this case as well. I can do it, it's just a bit of a pain.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby charlequin » 21 Feb 2017, 04:34

I've been pretty busy lately and have gotten a bit behind on a couple of projects here and there... but nonetheless, I wanted to drop something a little smaller off here that I know a few people have been looking for. So, presenting: all the remaining Inventions from Aether Revolt!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

These will appear in the "Masterpiece Series/Kaladesh Inventions" folder in More Releases, mixed in with the KLD inventions (same as how we handled the Expedition release.) They should be syncing in all five supported sizes up to MEGA as we speak. Enjoy!
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby yawg07 » 21 Feb 2017, 06:01

Hell yeah! Thanks so much for this. I've been waiting for the AER inventions *_*
"Father of Machines! Your filigree gaze carves us and the scars dance upon our grateful flesh!"
- Phyrexian Scriptures
yawg07

Postby Snoogy » 21 Feb 2017, 19:56

Aren't cards from the Masterpiece series all foils? They don't look very foil... amazing job!
Snoogy

Postby drool66 » 21 Feb 2017, 20:44

I second that - very impressive indeed!
drool66
Programmer

Postby yawg07 » 21 Feb 2017, 21:41

Snoogy wrote:Aren't cards from the Masterpiece series all foils? They don't look very foil... amazing job!
Mostly just the cool frame parts are foil. The art itself has a very toned down FTV style of foil.
There are different print runs of them, actually. Some have a the lite FTV style on the art while some have no foil at all on the art.
I've seen it cited as the non-foil art versions are from Japanese packs. I'm not sure if that's totally the case but it's something I've heard.

I can't post images or links apparently. But if you google for "mtg masterpiece gif" there should be one in the images.
"Father of Machines! Your filigree gaze carves us and the scars dance upon our grateful flesh!"
- Phyrexian Scriptures
yawg07

Postby charlequin » 22 Feb 2017, 03:38

Snoogy wrote:Aren't cards from the Masterpiece series all foils? They don't look very foil...
Even the glossier version of the Invention cards luckily only has the FTV-style light-banding effect on the borders. These are all adjusted somewhat to reduce (not by any means eliminate) the effect on the borders, but luckily the art shows through just fine on a traditional scan or photo.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby temik » 22 Feb 2017, 08:36

There are two versions of Masterpiece foils. One is US (full foil) and the other seems to be European (only border is foil).
You can see the differences here https://youtu.be/MFx7TJHI4Ek
temik

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures