It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 09:28

Text Size

LATEST PATCH CAN NOT BE DOWNLOADED/DELETED

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: LATEST PATCH CAN NOT BE DOWNLOADED/DELETED

Postby jl415 » 07 Jan 2017, 10:04

I very rarely post but could not stand idle on this matter.

I value Korath's work tremendously, and his passion for the game is gigantic.

I too hope he can see past this and think on the positive change he brought about, and the fantastic advancements he spearheaded in this community rather than the negative comments of one single individual.

Please come back to us Korath, I promise to report more bugs :mrgreen:
jl415

Postby travolter » 10 Jan 2017, 15:39

I was totally for the forum on xmas.. and this new have been like an ice cubes basket over the head.

Im very oldy, and I have seem this behavior over the time since internet became public with other software proyect (I know that everyone knows names). Some people doing a hard work and usually for free, investing their spare time in cool projects.. and some stupid people criticizing the work in progress instead of report bugs, do positive reviews, show new ideas or help in any way.

Many projects are dead now cause to these people.. and I understand the decision of the coders when some idiot like that piss over his baby, over a project with many years of work and time consumed.

Korath. I understand you and I hope that you come back to the project some day. Manalink is my game.. Im playing since the beginning with the flesh win95 installed just to play the MTG game.. then I enjoyed with Mok´s patches and updates.. later I enjoyed the mods created from my friend Franavalon from Botarena forum, and finally your versions.. that are the most powerful and updated of all.
Ill conserve all these versions like gold and Ill continue playing with them until the end.
Thanks a lot Korath, manalink 3 team, helpers, testers and bug hunters for your dedication, patience and hard work on these years
travolter

Postby RanDomino » 28 Jan 2017, 06:02

Whatever's going on, Korath and everyone else who's contributed to this are amazing. The updates to Manalink and Shandalar have been nothing less than the fulfillment of a childhood dream of mine. Fuck haters.
RanDomino

Postby mxpxman » 28 Jan 2017, 16:16

Can someone give me at least eldritch moon v2 please?
mxpxman

Postby Permisio » 17 Feb 2017, 14:12

This is sad news indeed, but just one more example of an internet c*** who screws things for everyone else. As someone who lives in a very rural area with zero access to other Magic players, the original game and all of the wonderful additions shared here have been invaluable. To those who have worked so hard and given so much, my humble thanks.

@Korath it has to be infuriating to have your hard work and dedication threatened. I tip my hat to you and hope for the best of outcomes.
Permisio

Postby slakedlime » 18 Feb 2017, 15:05

I am extremely disappointed at this outcome of events. I have been an unregistered user for very long and enjoyed Korath's generous contributions to keeping Manalink alive. I have registered hoping that Korath will realize so many people have benefited from his efforts - and feel that we are all with him regarding this matter.

It was really really low of someone to threaten Korath in such an egregious manner just because of a difference in direction in software development - which that whiny brat is incapable of doing.
slakedlime

Postby Althuna » 22 Feb 2017, 03:59

What was the threat? They threatened to tell WOTC or something? Because I am sure they already know about this. Surely it is empty threats? Also he wouldn't know who Korath is irl?
Althuna

Postby Althuna » 22 Feb 2017, 05:41

........................................... edited/deleted.

........................................................................................................................... People should really be more careful with their trolling........................................................... edited/deleted.
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 22 Feb 2017, 06:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post could be misinterpretred for more than it was.
Althuna

Postby Aswan jaguar » 22 Feb 2017, 07:06

Althuna I edited/deleted most of your post as it sounded like a warning maybe not what you intented, but that is the feeling I got from reading it.I won't allow here answers to threats even with something that seems like a kind warning towards anyone.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Althuna » 22 Feb 2017, 13:38

No threat, I just have all of the guys personal information. He screwed this entire community with his trolling and was too stupid to do it anonymously because I found his name, where lives, and all about his family etc. It is all freely available on the internet.
Althuna

Postby Friendsofsandwiches » 25 Feb 2017, 08:55

siiiigh.
Okay... so... what do you intend to DO with said info, or want to have happen?
Go to where he lives, knock on the door, yell at him? Burn the house/car down?
Stalk him at FNM?

In all seriousness, Ludo was a dink. What he did wasn't cool or right, but it is what it is.
He's been booted from here, but we're still dealing with the fallout.
Fact of the matter is, it's something that they probably should have addressed on here long ago,
just that the game is such abandonware, it's doubtful wizards even considers the game even remotely a threat to it's cash base.
If it could affect even 1/100th if 1% of their profit margin, they'd have C&D orders slapped all over the place here you'd think they were bootlegging disney movies.

The guy is gone, we just need to deal with, and appreciate what's left of things.
I do have to ask though, is the method by which you tracked him down via this site, easilly done with other people on here? Because I'd like to know if there's stuff we need to do to make ourselves more inaccessible.
Friendsofsandwiches

Postby Althuna » 25 Feb 2017, 14:51

Friendsofsandwiches wrote:siiiigh.
Okay... so... what do you intend to DO with said info, or want to have happen?
Go to where he lives, knock on the door, yell at him? Burn the house/car down?
Well there is not much you can do, most of those things would be illegal. But it could be useful to know where he lives if he made threats or there was a need to send him legal documents or a restraining order or something. He probably wouldn't have tried to fuck a bunch of strangers if he knew someone could find him.

Friendsofsandwiches wrote:I do have to ask though, is the method by which you tracked him down via this site, easilly done with other people on here? Because I'd like to know if there's stuff we need to do to make ourselves more inaccessible.
Yes, it is easy, and everyone should make themselves a LOT more inaccessible. I have only googled people a few times, but each time I managed to find out everything about them on the internet, including the exact house they live in. People put far too much information online and they do it in unintelligent ways. There are ways to link one piece of information to another and it is those links that mean you can find out so much.
Althuna

Postby monopoman » 13 Mar 2017, 05:28

I have been a part of this community since almost the beginning of the Microprose Manalink project. I think its a tad annoying that the actions of one man could remove the patches, when 99% of the people that have posted on here have been kind and courteous for the most part.

Wouldn't the mods have stepped in and either suspended this guy before he went to the level he went to or whatever? I would appreciate it, if someone would send me the latest patch though I recently had to format my main computer and I don't have the latest patch files anymore. I will admit I have not followed this forum as often as I used to, but I still do come in from time to time to read a few posts and maybe post a bug if I notice one.

If its related to some threat from WotC unless I had them send me a physical cease and desist letter via snail mail, I wouldn't even pay attention to anything anyone said. We have seen them send cease and desist letters on occasion so that is how they can protect their license using the actual law.
monopoman

Postby VladVoivode » 13 Mar 2017, 10:27

monopoman wrote:I have been a part of this community since almost the beginning of the Microprose Manalink project. I think its a tad annoying that the actions of one man could remove the patches, when 99% of the people that have posted on here have been kind and courteous for the most part.

Wouldn't the mods have stepped in and either suspended this guy before he went to the level he went to or whatever? I would appreciate it, if someone would send me the latest patch though I recently had to format my main computer and I don't have the latest patch files anymore. I will admit I have not followed this forum as often as I used to, but I still do come in from time to time to read a few posts and maybe post a bug if I notice one.

If its related to some threat from WotC unless I had them send me a physical cease and desist letter via snail mail, I wouldn't even pay attention to anything anyone said. We have seen them send cease and desist letters on occasion so that is how they can protect their license using the actual law.
Hi monopoman,

I empathize with you but with all due respect, one of the developers was being attacked personally. So - and I am not flaming you - the developer has chosen to remove himself for awhile. I do not know the whole story but I can say this: my anger is not at the devs but at the person who caused all of this. I respect and defend the dev's right to release or not release as he sees fit.

Sure, I check here everyday for the patch. As you stated we are a community and in my opinion we need to remain a supportive community to these devs that work very hard for us to have a game we love.

That said, I've been playing Manalink - my install is current as of the patch before this one - and I'm having a blast with it. I'm using the time I have to play to further explore SPAT and Planeswalking. I'm scouring the web for decks that I can submit to the community although I admit I've been a bit too busy of late.

Am I hopeful that one day we'll see a release? Of course I am, but, if that release comes at the risk of a developer encountering more trouble then I would rather not have the newest patch. I do stress the point that I am only speaking for myself. I have no official capacity in this community. Like you, I am a huge fan of Manalink and I don't want to see it die. More importantly though, I don't want these devs who devote their time to Manalink to have to deal with personal abuse.

Respectfully,

Vlad
VladVoivode

Postby mxpxman » 14 Mar 2017, 12:30

I also come here everyday to see if there's a new patch available, i love all the update work done by the developers along the years.

I really hope everything gets sorted out in a good way and keep up the good work you do for the community.
mxpxman

PreviousNext

Return to Patches