It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 11:59

Text Size

Possible future tournament ideas

Monthly Tournaments , Results ,Tournament Ideas Etc.

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Possible future tournament ideas

Postby aww1979 » 22 Feb 2011, 15:02

jatill wrote:I'm not a big fan of the AI deck idea, if I understand it right. If we all make super-powered human capable decks, no AI deck really stands a chance, I think. I like the trade-off of having to make some deck concessions so that the AI will play it better.

I do like the idea of a vanguard tournament.
That was why (and I may not have explained it right) I wanted to combine Salbei's points idea that he used in February with my idea of the human/AI decks. That way, you couldn't just build a Tendrils deck and wtfpwn every AI deck that didn't draw Force of Will. You'd have to build both decks much in the way we did for February, only the AI decks would have a higher points limit.

The vanguard idea is also cool; I've never used those except for that one challenge, and a few Momir games.
aww1979
Tester

Postby Aswan jaguar » 11 Mar 2011, 08:28

Aww1979 did you make any progress with your idea so we can have a tournament in March or anybody?I don't know about you guys but it is smt I look forward every month.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby aww1979 » 14 Mar 2011, 05:29

I wasn't planning on hosting one. I don't think I'll have time. I haven't been on the boards much lately.
aww1979
Tester

Postby 240sxforever » 02 Jun 2011, 07:06

All of the avatars can be broken with a little effort and a large enough card pool, for example:

Serra can be milked for large amounts of life if used with a high tide deck, enough to buy time even against the most aggressive reaper king builds I have tested.

You don't have to gain 200 life, only enough to survive until going off, often in the middle of a lethal combat step.

If the full constructed card pool is offered, people will find ways to abuse their favorite vanguard cards.
240sxforever

Postby juzamjedi » 06 Jun 2011, 19:43

Pretty sure if I was trying to break it, I would play the Serra Angel vanguard with Yawgmoth's Bargain, Fastbond, Tendrils of Agony. Just sayin' :)

Still, a deck like that would probably be terrible in the hands of the AI. That's one of the best parts of these tournaments... try to build a deck that a mostly-clueless AI is able to win with. :lol:

I haven't played with the vanguard cards much. Last time I tried it was Royal Assassin + burn spells. It would be a nice change of pace, I hope.
juzamjedi
Tester

Previous

Return to Tournaments