Moderator: CCGHQ Admins
by kevlahnota » 23 Dec 2011, 18:33
Anyway lets get started(click the spoilers to open).
- DECK BOX Tutorial: | Open
- 1) Download PSD DECK BOX template (PSD File).
- PSD DECK BOX.zip
- PSD Deck Box Template
- (682.47 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
2) Open it with Photoshop ( I use Photoshop CS5)
3) Now select the layer "PUT IMAGE HERE" and press CTRL + A (the blank image will be selected )
4) Open your desired image (for the deck box) with photoshop (I used gwafa hazid for example), press CTRL + A (select all) and then CTRL + C (for copying the image)
5) Now return back to our PSD Deck Box template and press CTRL + V (to paste our image)
6) Now that the image is pasted inside,you can use resize and move the image to your liking and save it as PNG. It's now ready for converting to TDX file(look at the other tutorials here at the documentation board).
- FRAME Tutorial | Open
- 1)Now for Custom frames, you need the Frame Images from the game and convert it to PNG(I use B.tdx, R.tdx, W.tdx in the example) Open the frame with photoshop(i use the white one).
2)Then I open the black frame, select it and copy pasted it over with the white frame (we now have two layers).
3) Then click the vector mask to make a mask(the little rectangle with a circle inside. now the active layer( black frame will have a white mask, it means it will show the full image of that layer, because black makes it transparent).
4) Now we press ALT + Left mouse click the mask( besides the black frame to show the mask ).
5) Now we need to use gradient tool to use(google some photoshop tutorials for the tools ), right click paint bucket tool if you can't see it.(thats the trick)
6) Click our active layer to see the results (the black frame besides the layer mask).
7 Now with having these technique(masking), we can create custom frames with your desires.
by thefiremind » 23 Dec 2011, 20:23
EDIT: OK, I made 3 new deck boxes and I must say that I'm satisfied. 2 little advices for the other modders:
1) If you convert the deck images to TDX with Paint.NET+plugin rather than with gibbed tools, the files will be smaller. You'll save some space.
2) If you follow the advice above, you'll get files with extension "tdx". The game is so sensitive that it won't accept them, you'll have to rename the extension with capital letters ("TDX").
by Eglin » 17 Mar 2012, 09:44
- PSD DECK BOX.zip
- Gimp version (.xcf) of Kev's excellent box art masks and frames.
- (225.92 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
by Persee » 25 Mar 2012, 08:12
- | Open
I add the PSD version of the frame if someone could convert into a correct TDX version.
- RG Photoshop.zip
- The PSD(photoshop) version of the frame
- (504.17 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
by thefiremind » 25 Mar 2012, 08:26
You have to open the TDX file with a hex editor and change that number 20 to 28.
by thefiremind » 07 May 2012, 11:06
When you create the layer mask for the hybrid frame, you'd like to use the same mask for all the hybrid frames... but when you paste another frame image, it will be on a new layer, so how to use the same mask?
Click on the chain icon that links the old layer with its mask, this will "unchain" the mask. Now you just have to move the mask to the new layer and delete the old one.
by thefiremind » 25 Jun 2012, 13:23
They are still OK also for DotP2013, while the new deck boxes are smaller, but nothing you can't overcome with some resizing inside Photoshop.
- PSD avatar and backplate.zip
- (173.78 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
by RiiakShiNal » 21 Jul 2012, 10:51
There are 2 deck box templates available for 2013 that have been released thus far:Zambooo wrote:Does someone have a file for DotP2013 or at least the size the image should have?
Riiak Shi Nal's
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests