Silver Wyvern
Tradewind Rider
Capsize
Forbid
Impulse
Legacy's Allure
Whispers of the Muse

Thanks!

Any chance of adding the "Storm" mechanic? It would be fascinating to see how the AI would play those.
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Re: Card wishlist

Postby jeffwadsworth » 26 Oct 2011, 14:58

jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Postby beholder » 26 Oct 2011, 15:27

Some challenging cards you request there. I like it :)

I had to add a buyback implementation and added Capsize and Whispers of the Muse.
Forbid has discarding cards as a cost which isn't supported at the moment and looks like quite some work to implement. I want to add other costs than mana eventually though.

Silver Wyvern : changing targets is something I have looked at once and at the time I didn't see a proper way to do it. I'll look into this.
Tradewind Rider : has two targets which we don't want at the moment because of AI speed.
Impulse : it doesn't look that hard to show those four cards but I seriously doubt how the AI would handle ordering the 3 cards that get put on the bottom of the library. So, doable but a lot of work. Don't expect to see this in 1.19 unless I have some eureka moment lol.

I added the other cards I didn't mention above.

Any chance of adding the "Storm" mechanic?
I haven't looked at the specifics but keeping track of the number of spells played should be possible. I too wonder how the AI would handle it. Certainly something I'm willing to try to implement. 1.20 it will be though :)
If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.
beholder
Programmer

Postby beholder » 27 Oct 2011, 07:41

I added Æther Vial and Goblin Lackey. Arcbound Ravager was added earlier, after 1.18 was released.

Goblin Matron - searching the library could potentially lead to a vast amount of choices for the AI but is easy to do. The bigger problem for me is that when the AI reveals cards, that would need an UI change.
Goblin Ringleader - revealing of cards again.
Goblin Warchief and Thoughtcast - I have no idea how to change the cost.

That adds a few more things on my long todo list I guess :)
If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.
beholder
Programmer

Postby beholder » 11 Nov 2011, 09:10

I added The Rack, Smallpox, Wretched Banquet and Gemstone Mine.

Not added are the following:
Haunting Echoes - we don't support searching the library. Mainly because it could take the AI a long time and also because it needs an UI change so you can browse through the cards in the library.
Funeral Charm and Consult the Necrosages - there's no support for chosing an effect on instants and sorceries at the moment. It is supported for permanent activations though and the UI is there too. I might be able to figure this one out eventually.
Tombstalker and Death Rattle - the Delve mechanic can have a lot of choices so could take the AI a long time. I also see no way to change the cost based on it.
Raven's Crime - casting from the graveyard would need some serious changes to the game. Don't expect this anytime soon.
Terramorphic Expanse, Shimian Specter, Diabolic Tutor - searching of the library.
Dark Ritual - Magarena has no mana pool. As usual this is because of AI speed.
Tendrils of Corruption - an annoying problem with this one. There currently is no way to get game state information when a spell goes on the stack. That info is needed here so the AI can chose a target based on X. I could just pick some random amount for X and calculate the right amount when the spell resolves but that would give the AI too much of a disadvantage. I know Melvin is or has been looking into fixing this, but I suspect it requires some big changes.
beholder
Programmer

Postby Ivalen » 03 Dec 2011, 15:06

Ivalen

Postby beholder » 04 Dec 2011, 11:43

I added Untamed Might, Corrupted Resolve, Blighted Agent and Vapor Snag.

Mutagenic Growth : Phyrexian Mana is not supported at the moment.
Ice Cage : We tested the "when becomes the target of a spell or ability, destroy xxx" type of effects some time ago and didn't see a way to make the AI use it properly.

Edit:
Blighted Agent is a good example of a card that can be scripted and in 1.20 needs no compiling to add. here's the Blighted Agent.txt file :
Code: Select all
>Blighted Agent
url=http://magiccards.info/nph/en/29.html
image=http://magiccards.info/scans/en/nph/29.jpg
value=3
rarity=C
type=Creature
subtype=Human,Rogue
color=u
converted=2
cost={1}{U}
pt=1/1
ability=infect,unblockable
timing=main
Just put it in /Magarena/scripts/ and you'll be able to play with it.
beholder
Programmer

Postby mpaluszk » 15 Feb 2012, 03:00

mpaluszk

Postby beholder » 19 Feb 2012, 13:55

I added the above cards except for:

Quicksilver Dragon : we don't support Morph.
Baru, Fist of Krosa : I'm not sure if it's worth writing code to support the grandeur keyword since it's used for only a handful of cards. I probably write it anyway :lol:
I am having problems finding a decent image for the X/X green Wurm token though.
Avatar of Might : changing of casting cost isn't supported at the moment.
beholder
Programmer

Postby jeffwadsworth » 04 Mar 2012, 18:21

How about that sweet card Dungeon Geist?
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Postby beholder » 04 Mar 2012, 18:37

jeffwadsworth wrote:How about that sweet card Dungeon Geist?
Have you been reading the dev mailing list? :lol:

Anyway.. Tyrael asked some questions there about the card you mention and although it is possible to implement using triggers, that's not the preferred way. We rather honor the layer system instead but that will require some more effort. I haven't dived into that part of the code yet but maybe Tyrael has or maybe Melvin (who wrote the code) will find some time and implement it the right way.

The topic on the mailing list has some details on it all for those interested. The first few posts aren't relevant though.

It would be sweet to finally do 'gain control effects' properly as we only have a few now because of it.
beholder
Programmer

Postby badjedidude » 02 Apr 2012, 05:57

I have a land destruction red (single color) deck that I've used for years in informal play with friends and it's always kicked ass. I was slightly disappointed to find that a lot of the cards in my deck aren't available in Magarena... so here are a few suggestions to fill out the deck with what I've traditionally used:

Dingus Egg (most recent is 8th Edition)
Stone Rain (Chmp. of Kamigawa, 9th, etc)
Custody Battle (Onslaught)
Barbarian Riftcutter (Ravnica)
Dwarven Driller (Judgment)

I realize that Dwarven Driller might not be allowed as per OP's rules... but COME ON! It's perfect! :P

P.S. For those who care, the rest of the deck is other various land-destruct cards, a couple of walls, and some red instants to do direct damage. Oh, and a decent amount of mountains, of course. If the mana drain doesn't get 'em, the damage does.
badjedidude

Postby beholder » 05 May 2012, 11:44

I added the cards requested in the above post.

Dwarven Driller is not a problem at all since we have less rules for adding cards now. I'll update the first post with our new rules (if I can find out how to do so).
beholder
Programmer

Postby pcastellazzi » 14 May 2012, 05:30

The lights then came up and the crowd erupted in applause, because that's what the crowd does after it watches destruction on a large screen.
— Ben Kuchera, Mordern Warfare 3 review.
pcastellazzi

PreviousNext

Return to Magarena