Drafting is an 8 player format (you and 7 computer opponents). Each player begins by opening a pack of 15 cards. Pick one, and pass the rest to the person to your left. Repeat until the pack is empty. Open another pack and repeat this process, this time passing to the right. Finally, repeat with a 3rd pack, passing left again. Players then build 40 card decks with the cards they selected, adding as many basic lands as needed.
To draft using this product:
- Go to Solo Duel and check the Draft option.
- Begin the Duel. It doesn’t matter which decks are selected. After mulligans, the draft should begin.
- Click the cards to draft your deck.
- Your deck is saved as Draft Human (0), and your draft opponents are saved as Draft Opponent 1-7. The numbers in parenthesis are the scores for their deck (higher is better). Go ahead and edit your deck to remove the junk and add lands.
- Play solo duels!
- After you're done playing, you'll probably want to delete the decks out of the Magic\Playdeck folder.You can do this by Delete Drafts.exe
Remember that there are more than 1 version of this game. The version intended to draft with is the Zendikar/Limited version, not the "best of" version.
Just make a collection of cards in the deck builder. When you're done, copy the deck file to the DraftSets folder. Also, open the sets.txt file in that folder and add a record for your set. Now when you draft, the set you just created is an option for the draft!
If you are a Windows Vista user and certain cards crash the game for you, make a custom set of 8th edition (or whatever) and just don't include those cards. Voila!
By default, I included 2 custom sets.
(a) jatill cards - the collection of all the cards I have added to the game
(b) cube - a collection of the 450+ most powerful cards in the game
Both of these sets are meant to be singleton drafted.
I think it would be neat if someone created a custom tribal set, and included all the goblins, merfolk, slivers, etc. If you create any interesting custom sets, please post them.
Ensures that no 2 copies of a card are in the draft. (i.e. every card is unique). Rarity is ignored. If you decide to singleton draft the same set for all 3 packs, make sure the set is at least 360 cards (or 240 for 2 packs, 120 for 1 pack).