It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:53

Text Size

Magic Album - Program Bugs

MA stops responding while rearranging panes (unreproducible)

MA sometimes stops responding while reorganizing the panes. Sometimes it's only for a few seconds, but other times it hangs for so long that I have had to resort to ending the process. It seems to happen randomly.

Comments

Posted by Goblin Hero » 23 Jan 2012, 05:41

Randomly... It is bad. No way to reproduce the bug reliably? What OS do your use? How often does it happen?
Last edited by Goblin Hero on 23 Jan 2012, 05:42, edited 1 time in total.

Posted by Nexensis » 24 Jan 2012, 04:21

It happens after dragging the pane from within the layout out to a floating window. As for the frequency, again, it seems kind of random. I can open MA and move a bunch of panes around with no problem, then suddenly one will make it freeze. Or, I can open up MA and move one pane and it will freeze right away. It seems to happen with any pane. I am on Windows 7 64-bit.

I made a video that shows me move one pane and MA hanging for a second afterwards, then I move another pane and it stops responding completely. Bug Tracker won't let me upload it, though. I tried AVI, MPG, and WMV, it didn't allow any of them. Is there a list of allowed file extensions?

Posted by Goblin Hero » 24 Jan 2012, 05:40

Added "avi" to the list of the available extensions.

Posted by Nexensis » 24 Jan 2012, 13:50

Here's the video.
Attachments
MA freeze.avi
MA stops responding while moving panes
(1.57 MiB) Downloaded 266 times

Posted by Goblin Hero » 06 Feb 2012, 10:01

Unfortunately I can't reproduce the bug. You're the only one to report this problem. May be something is wrong with your system...

Posted by Nexensis » 06 Feb 2012, 13:50

Well, thanks for taking a look at it. It's not really a big problem, anyway. Once the preset layouts are set up there's no need to move the panes around, so the problem doesn't occur.

Posted by Goblin Hero » 07 Feb 2012, 05:39

Ok, closing as "Unreproducible".

Ticket details

• Ticket ID: 193
  • Project: Magic Album
  • Component: (unknown)
  • Project version: (unknown)
  • Priority: Normal
  • Severity: Normal
  • Assigned to: Goblin Hero
  • Reported by: Nexensis
  • Reporter's tickets: List all tickets
  • Reported on: 22 Jan 2012, 16:01
  • Last visited by Goblin Hero » 07 Feb 2012, 05:39.

Login Form