It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:18

Text Size

Magic Album - Program Bugs

Subtype filtering problem with "aura" (fix completed)

Note:Sorry I'm using spoilers to hide my previous comments, don't know how else to go about it.

The following is fixed in the latest update, or I was crazy, ignore.
| Open
If I filter out everything but ENCHANTMENT cards, and then try to filter out everything but AURA cards, it lists every enchantment with a sub or super type.
(TYPE=AND ENCHANTMENT, SUBTYPE=AND AURA)->every enchantment that is not only "Enchantment" is in the list (aura, tribal, creature).

What I was trying to say in the hidden section below is that I want to list all ENCHANTMENT cards without AURA in its sub type. So, it should be a list of all ENCHANTMENT cards other than AURAs and CURSEs, since all CURSEs are also AURAs. I should be able to do this with
TYPE = AND ENCHANTMENT, SUBTYPE=NOT AURA
or
TYPE = NOT {check all except ENCHANTMENT}, SUBTYPE= NOT AURA
But with the first filter setting I get: just Tribals that are not AURAs + Shrines + Lucent Liminid
And with the second filter setting I get: just the Shrines.
The different results between the two are of course because CREATURE and TRIBAL are filtered out in the latter option, I realize that part is correct, but where are the subtype-less enchantments?

| Open
If I filter out everything but ENCHANTMENT cards, and then try to filter out only AURA cards, I get what looks like every non-aura enchantment card with additional subtypes, basically Lucent Liminid, shrines, and tribal enchantments.
(TYPE=AND ENCHANTMENT, SUBTYPE=NOT AURA)->Legendary Shrines, Tribals, and Lucent Liminid are the only ones in the list (ie, it IS filtering out AURAs, but still ignoring subtype-less enchantments).

The third hidden section was an observation that when I use:
TYPE = AND ENCHANTMENT, SUBTYPE = NOT "whatever"
I get: All AURAs, + All TRIBALs, + ALL LEGENDARY ENCHANTMENTs + Lucent Liminid
or
TYPE = NOT {check all EXCEPT ENCHANTMENT}, SUBTYPE = NOT "whatever"
I get: All AURAs + ALL LEGENDARY ENCHANTMENTs
Again, Tribals and Liminid are filtered out in the latter filter setting, which is fine, but if the "whatever" string does not match any subtype, shouldn't the list simply be all ENCHANTMENTs (or all ENCHANTMENTS - TRIBALS - Lucent Liminid in the latter case?

This can also be illustrated with
cards, english, legacy, TYPE= AND SORCERY-> 2161 cards
cards, english, legacy, TYPE= AND SORCERY, SUBTYPE=AND ELF->4 cards
cards, english, legacy, TYPE= AND SORCERY, SUBTYPE=NOT ELF->42 cards, which include arcane sorceries and non-elf tribal sorceries
cards, english, legacy, TYPE= AND SORCERY, SUBTYPE=NOT "whatever"->46 cards, which include arcane sorceries and tribal sorceries

Seems to me like as long as a SUBTYPE = NOT "something" filter is used, the comparisons are done only against database objects that has a sub type, rather than all cards of the same Type minus certain cards with certain subtypes.

Hope that clears that up a bit.
| Open
Oddly enough, if I try to subtype filter out any other string, I get the same result as filtering out everything but AURA cards.
(TYPE=AND ENCHANTMENT, SUBTYPE=NOT <any string, like "1" or "kukamunga">)->every enchantment that is not only "Enchantment" is in the list.

subtype OR filtering with "AURA" DOES result in a list of AURAs and Curses only.

subtype AND and OR filtering using something like "Curse" or "Elf" works fine.

Noticed a while ago, still present as of 1.4.2
Last edited by valintepes on 04 Mar 2012, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for clarification of problem.

Comments

Posted by Bloodnut » 03 Mar 2012, 22:30

I don't think this is a bug since you don't restrict tribal aura enchantments not to show up when you use AND ENCHANTMENT in the type. AND is used to force the results to contain all the types you want, not filter strictly the search terms.

in any case, select all the types except ENCHANTMENT and choose NOT.
this will filter out stuff like tribal (extra filters you might want are SNOW, WORLD and LEGENDARY in SUPERTYPE).
after that all you have are enchantments. screening the cards that are not strictly auras is easy here because there's only CURSE and SHRINE which you can filter out with NOT in the SUBTYPE (you can see that these are the only extra subtypes in enchantments if you order by type column). this will also filter out the enchantments that are not auras too (bug?!) so you problem is solved.

Posted by valintepes » 04 Mar 2012, 18:47

Thanks for commenting.
Everything you say makes sense, but I think my original post was too confusing. I tried to clear it up a bit. Mainly, the point was to show a list of subtype-less enchantment cards, which was not happening as expected.

Posted by Goblin Hero » 03 Apr 2012, 09:02

Seems to me like as long as a SUBTYPE = NOT "something" filter is used, the comparisons are done only against database objects that has a sub type, rather than all cards of the same Type minus certain cards with certain subtypes.
You're right. Fixed in r224.

Ticket details

• Ticket ID: 206
  • Project: Magic Album
  • Component: (unknown)
  • Project version: (unknown)
  • Priority: Normal
  • Severity: Normal
  • Assigned to: Goblin Hero
  • Reported by: valintepes
  • Reporter's tickets: List all tickets
  • Reported on: 20 Feb 2012, 03:19
  • Last visited by charmer » 03 Apr 2012, 09:18.

Login Form