It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:57

Text Size

Magic Album - Feature Requests

Printing Card Proxies (implementing)

I'm not sure if this is dependant on another feature request although I did go through them thoroughly to be sure.

The Print Proxy feature currently works as follows:
  • Cards from Modern era sets are printed as proxies with the Modern border
  • Cards from non-Modern era sets are printed as proxies with the old border
  • Cards from promo/special sets that bridge the non-Modern and Modern eras are printed as proxies with the Modern border
  • Tokens, Nontraditional, Inserts and Oversized cannot be printed as they cannot be added to a decklist

What would be great is if it would be possible to mix things up a bit to allow for more options while printing. This would mean:
  • Allowing printing cards outside of the deck listing on a line by line level (Database/Inventory) by right clicking on a line and choosing Print. A dialogue box would then cater to the number of proxies that need to be printed; whether to print the scanned picture or the rendered picture; and, if rendered, what frame to use
  • Cards can be printed with whatever border the user requires and allows for choosing specific printings to render. This includes versions with different art, different set symbols, different flavour text, etc.
  • With this capability, Tokens and Inserts can also be printed as well as Oversized (but possibly sized down)
  • Nontraditional cards could also be printed in this manner, but I don't know if anyone has made templates usable by MA for these types of cards. It would be truly sexy to be able to print Plane cards in a traditional Magic card frame with Plane Name, Art, Plane type line, and then the rules in the regular rules box (just a small idea of mine to make planes more portable)

To be honest, the card database may need to be updated to also include the border type that the card is printed in. I know this exists on a set-wide basis but some of the new Judge promos have been printed in old frames. This is something that can be propagated to an individual card basis for Core Sets, Expansions and Special Sets easily, while the Promos section would need to be done individually (which I would be willing to do).

Wow, long feature request, but it is all interrelated.

Comments

Posted by Goblin Hero » 02 Oct 2014, 06:20

Added option to select card frame for proxies in r345

Ticket details

• Ticket ID: 247
  • Project: Magic Album
  • Component: General
  • Project version: (unknown)
  • Priority: Normal
  • Assigned to: Goblin Hero
  • Reported by: Nyth
  • Reporter's tickets: List all tickets
  • Reported on: 06 Jun 2012, 08:43
  • Last visited by Goblin Hero » 26 Apr 2017, 11:38.

Login Form