It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:10

Text Size

Shandalar - Program Bugs

Sublime Archangel is Exalting the hell out of itself. (not a bug)

I didn't know if I should post this here or if it has already been posted. I don't know if it's a bug either, but I'm almost sure this is not how this card is supposed to be played.

Sublime Archangel with the ability exalted is 4/3. When attacking alone it gets 1/1 becoming 5/4. There are 3 more creatures that are also exalted, 1/1, 1/1, 1/1, giving it 8/7. But it is also registering it as if in total it would get 3/3 because there are three exalted creatures in play so it is giving itself an extra 3/3 going up to a whopping 11/10! Is this the rule or is it a bug? Let a picture speak a thousand words.
Attachments
Unfair.png
Last edited by bolav on 16 May 2016, 09:10, edited 1 time in total.

Comments

Posted by TheKillerNacho » 16 May 2016, 13:05

Yeah it looks it is giving another instance of Exalted to creatures with Exalted already, which is almost certainly a bug.

Posted by Aswan jaguar » 16 May 2016, 13:59

I totally disagree with you.The other creatures get another instance of exalted from Sublime Archangel and as it says in it's rule text:
(If a creature has multiple instances of exalted, each triggers separately.) so it works correctly.

Posted by bolav » 16 May 2016, 23:00

I found a web site with official rulings and it states;

Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, count the number of instances of exalted among permanents you control. After those abilities resolve, that’s how many times the creature will get +1/+1.

My take to this ruling is that it should 1/1 for every exalted creature in play. So in my case, it should have gone an extra 4/4 and not and extra 7/7.
Attachments
Sublime Archangel.png

Posted by Rawky » 12 Jul 2016, 20:47

What Aswan Jaguar is saying... The Sublime Archangel bestows the Exalted ability to each other creature you control. Each of those three creatures then have two instances of the Exalted ability and the Sublime Archangel has one.

Then you attacked with Sublime Angel, which triggered seven Exalted abilities, granting seven +1/+1 bonuses to your Sublime Archangel.

(3 x 2) + (1 x 1) = 7

Working as intended.
Last edited by Rawky on 12 Jul 2016, 20:48, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Spelling

Posted by Korath » 29 Jul 2016, 19:43

bolav wrote:I found a web site with official rulings and it states
Just linking it would have been enough; you don't need a screenshot.
bolav wrote:count the number of instances of exalted among permanents you control
This is correct.
bolav wrote:My take to this ruling is that it should 1/1 for every exalted creature in play.
This is incorrect. It should be +1/+1 for each instance exalted among permanents you control. just like it says. It would have stated "Count the number of creatures you control with exalted" if it were meant to be interpreted the way you did.

To get there another way, per rule 702.82a, the exalted ability is exactly equivalent to having "Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, that creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn." There's nothing that would make additional instances of the same triggered ability cancel each other out; if there are two copies of Plague Sliver on the battlefield, for example, each Sliver will damage its controller twice during his upkeep, not once.

In your screenshot, the Sublime Archangel has one instance (from its static ability); each of Akrasan Squire, Sigiled Paladin, and Aven Squire have two instances each (one from their static abilities printed on the card; one granted by Sublime Archangel). That's seven total instances; the attacking creature gets +7/+7. And yes, it's kind of unfair.
Last edited by Korath on 29 Jul 2016, 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: whoops, you did say where it appeared, just in a screenshot instead of a link

Ticket details

• Ticket ID: 1128
  • Project: Shandalar
  • Component: Individual Card
  • Project version: Abandoned Shrine 3
  • Priority: Normal
  • Severity: Normal
  • Assigned to: (unassigned)
  • Reported by: bolav
  • Reporter's tickets: List all tickets
  • Reported on: 16 May 2016, 09:09
  • Last visited by Korath » 25 Oct 2016, 10:13.

Login Form