It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:48

Text Size

Shandalar - Program Bugs

Cast Blinding Mage => Crash to Desktop (not a bug)

Card: Blinding Mage

Attached screenshot. Tried casting the card after combat phase.
Attachments
error.png
Screenshot

Comments

Posted by Korath » 03 Aug 2015, 00:55

Works for me in LT2. Blinding Mage doesn't exist in the Ruined Tower series. If you're running a Loremaster's Tower saved game in Ruined Tower, that's why; savegames are only forward-compatible.

If you were actually running in Loremaster's Tower, then the card works fine for me, and this is almost certainly caused by some other card. Those "random-looking numbers" under "View problem details" aren't random at all; they're crucially important to figuring out what's wrong. Please attach the enemy deck, and I'll try to reproduce the crash with that.

Posted by Tyrael » 03 Aug 2015, 16:38

I was running a brand-new install, like described in the regarding post (install ManaLink3, install LoremastersTower2, install Ruined Tower 4, install all the card images).

Unfortunately I sold the card and cannot reproduce the error right now. I will try purchasing it in a gemstone mine and then cast it again. Before I tried it four times, each time the error occurred. Also I will make sure to include the numbers from detail view, sorry I missed that.

I am running Windows 7 64bit on an Intel machine in case that matters at all.

Posted by Aswan jaguar » 04 Aug 2015, 04:22

Probably the problem is that you have installed an older version Ruined Tower 4 over the newer version LoremastersTower2.You should either use Ruined Tower 4 that is very stable to play with or use the newer version LoremastersTower2 with more cards that is less stable as Korath said (version for testers) although I didn't notice any major problems with it.

Posted by Tyrael » 04 Aug 2015, 07:33

I used the most recent version of LT and RT from the update thread (at least I thought so), RT was labeled "stable", there was also a link to a dev version labeled unstable, I did not use that.

However, in the meantime I have another idea what might have caused that: I continued playing yesterday and came across the option to purchase cards in a gemstone mine I think. There, Blinding Mage was not available for sale. Because of your first comment to this tickt, Korath, my suspicion:

- the card was added to my stash on initializing the game (I chose white on highest difficulty), either because of incompatibilities of my local installation or because of another issue which caused Blinding Mage to be included during this phase, even though it is not included in Shandalar's card universe. I definitely know that I did not purchase this card in a village or anywhere else before using it, thus it must have come from the initial deck provided by Shandalar's setup.

Ticket details

• Ticket ID: 664
  • Project: Shandalar
  • Component: Individual Card
  • Project version: Ruined Tower 4
  • Priority: Normal
  • Severity: Normal
  • Assigned to: (unassigned)
  • Reported by: Tyrael
  • Reporter's tickets: List all tickets
  • Reported on: 01 Aug 2015, 18:16
  • Last visited by Korath » 01 Nov 2015, 17:54.

Login Form