It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:24

Text Size

Shandalar - Feature Requests

Make enemy stats configurable (new)

The owerworld map seems to treat Conjurer and Troll Shaman as invisible. I'm not sure if this is intentional (they have this trait on purpose), or a bug. The game also tends to mis-draw other things (it looks like something and turns out to be something else).

Even if Conjurer and the Troll are "invisible" on purpose, this is not very good for gameplay - it can affect saving games when you're unaware that you're just about to get jumped. Also, if you manage to beat enough Conjurers and Shamans for them to start running away it makes it difficult to spot them and chase them down if you want cards from their decks.

I have occasionally seen them appear, but most often they are invisible.

Can anything be done about this?
Last edited by Korath on 05 Oct 2015, 02:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Retitle from "Game doesn't draw Troll Shaman and Conjurer"

Comments

Posted by jiansonz » 02 Oct 2015, 11:21

The invisibility is indeed a special ability that those two creatures have.

As for the "The game also tends to mis-draw other things (it looks like something and turns out to be something else).", I have never seen this without getting the message that "<creature> summons a <another creature>!".
But it is also possible that there are sometimes two different creatures practically on top of each other and then you may only see one.

Posted by lujo » 02 Oct 2015, 11:32

Well the other thing happened to me quite often, although this might indeed be the result of stuff being on top of each other. There's also strange things going on with reloading and that (from the user point of view), as I'm kind of sure that some things change their appearance if you reload. Can't confim it though.

EDIT:Sometimes it's obvious, though, because you can see monsters walking on wrong terrain and if you approach them it turns out they're in fact something else (just this morning I had something turn out to be a Necromancer, which you have to fight, and that's kinda annoying).

Is there a way to disable/toggle the invisibility? It makes testing Conjurer and Troll Shaman decks a pain (and trying to fight them once they start running away from you I suppose)?

(And there's other special abilities I wouldn't mind being able to turn off for purpose of testing stuff, too, like opponents playing your deck instead of theirs. Some control over what can walk where would also be wellcome - Summoner walking on both plains and forests due to her deck colors makes her by far the most annoying henchman for no good reason at all)
Last edited by lujo on 02 Oct 2015, 11:37, edited 4 times in total.

Posted by Korath » 05 Oct 2015, 02:12

I always thought this was a bug, too, but it was definitely intentional.

I'll get around to making the enemy stats configurable eventually - and, in fact, I'm going to hijack this bug report into the feature request - but if you're comfortable with a hex editor and just want to get rid of the invisibility flags for these two, they're at positions 0x1907cc for Conjurer and 0x190f74 for Troll Shaman (both in Shandalar.exe). Change the sequence "00 01 00 00" at each of those locations to "00 00 00 00".

Summoner is already flagged as only being green; I'd thought that was what controlled which lands it can walk on.
Last edited by Korath on 05 Oct 2015, 02:12, edited 1 time in total.

Posted by lujo » 05 Oct 2015, 08:20

Thank you VERY much for that big of info on invisibility. I thought it was a bug because they'd occasionally be temporerly visible when moving diagonally (at least the troll). Wanted to turn that feature off for years XD

As for the Summoner - I thought you said you did somewhere, but I seem to remember being surprised by the old hag sprinting across plains. Now I'm not sure anymore but I'll keep an eye out and report here if it's still hapening. I'll keep an eye for paladins too. Thank you.

Feel free to turn it into a feature request ofc, if it's no a bug, then this is what it is.

Ticket details

• Ticket ID: 762
  • Project: Shandalar
  • Component: (unknown)
  • Project version: (unknown)
  • Priority: (unknown)
  • Assigned to: (unassigned)
  • Reported by: lujo
  • Reporter's tickets: List all tickets
  • Reported on: 02 Oct 2015, 09:27
  • Last visited by Korath » 01 Nov 2015, 17:55.

Login Form