It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:51

Text Size

NOVA eXTendeD Edition - Release #1

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

NOVA eXTendeD Edition - Release #1

Postby Yanna » 11 Jul 2010, 16:20

EDIT 07-13 : Please see fix for Haunting Echoes in this post !

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
Hi all !

Finally, after many hours of work i've finished my first release : http://www.mediafire.com/?wqjnnmtuw0u
It takes up the slot of DLC_7777 which i think nobody's using at the moment.

There's a ton of new cards, new decks and new AI Opponents. What i'm really proud of is an almost exact replica of Haunting Echoes, because it's a pain in the ass to make it work :evil: Also tweaking the AI to play reanimator is somewhat very tricky when you have to get it to discard its big hitters and not the reanimation spells... But finally it looked like it plays it quite well.

Some of the cards have a (*), this means either that :
- The card works slightly differently than the real one, but it shouldn't affect game play.
- The card works but there's still a bug to fix (minor though).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Computer AI : Bane Of The Living
Playing With : Mono Black Control
New Cards : Mutilate, Infest, Jet Medallion, Phyrexian Arena, Diabolic Tutor, Crypt Rats,
Haunting Echoes(*), Vampiric Tutor
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Computer AI : Elvish Shaman
Playing With : Woods At War
New Cards : Elvish Lyrist, Elvish Scrapper, Wellwisher, Timberwatch Elf, Arbor Elf,
Elvish Archers
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Computer AI : Great Lich
Playing With : The Reanimator
New Cards : Polluted Delta, Akroma, Angel of Wrath, Angel of Despair, Empyrial Archangel,
Sphinx of the Steel Wind, Simic Sky Swallower, Magister Sphinx, Sharuum the Hegemon
Phantom Nishoba(*), Visara the Dreadful, Stitch Together, Doomed Necromancer,
Careful Study, Merfolk Looter, Vampiric Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Buried Alive
Computer AI : Mogg Warchief
Playing With : Goblin Assault
New Cards : Goblin Arsonist, Goblin Chieftain, Goblin Lookout, Goblin Offensive, Goblin Striker
Goblin War Strike, Goblin Warrens, Mogg Fanatic, Goblin Matron, Goblin Lackey(*),
Goblin Piledriver, Siege-gang Commander
Computer AI : Sliver Legion
Playing With : We Are Rampage
New Cards : Terramorphic Expanse, Talon Sliver, Heart Sliver, Spinneret Sliver, Horned Sliver,
Essence Sliver, Fury Sliver, Harmonic Sliver(*), Victual Sliver(*), Sinew Sliver,
Muscle Sliver, Bonesplitter Sliver, Blade Sliver, Might Sliver, Watcher Sliver,
Reflex Sliver
Computer AI : Stone Gargoyle
Playing With : Hell's Gates
New Cards : Diamond Valley, Inferno, Wall of Stone, Wall of Ice, Wall of Granite, Wall of Earth
Wall of Blossoms, Harmonize
Computer AI : The Land Eater
Playing With : Earthshaker
New Cards : Stone Rain, Ice Storm, Aftershock, Creeping Mold, Roiling Terrain, Pyroclasm,
Terravore, Fissure, Wooded Foothills, Zuran Orb
Computer AI : Zombie Lord
Playing With : Undead Army
New Cards : Shepherd of Rot, Death Baron, Undead Warchief, Soulless One, Nantuko Husk, Infest
Zombie Infestation(*), Festering Goblin, Stromgald Crusader, Hideous End, Disfigure
Phyrexian Arena, Lord of the Undead

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
List of Known bugs so far :
- Haunting Echoes(*) : you don't see target player's library. Any land is not affected (not only non-basic)
- Phantom Nishoba(*) : Is now a 7/7 creature that doesn't get damage, however it gets a -1/-1 counter instead.
- Goblin Lackey(*) : Could possibly used to put any creature into play (not just goblin)
- Harmonic Sliver(*) : Is the 'source' of the destroy enchant or artifact when another sliver comes into play.
- Victual Sliver(*) : Is the 'source' of the life gain when another sliver is sacrificed.
- Zombie Infestation(*) : Could be used to create a token with only one card in hand (i know annoying bug)
- Card artists are replaced by the name of the extension. I can't be asked to redo all cards for now sorry :roll:
- Goblin Matron is a 1/2 althought it should be a 1/1 creature.
- Some creatures are missing subtypes (dual or more subtype creatures).
- Magister Sphinx does not allow to target neutral players when set on automatic targetting.

List of fixes so far :
Haunting Echoes fix (just copy/paste into the card XML file to fix the DLC)

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<MULTICARDS>
 <CARD>
  <COLLECTIONMAX value="383"/>
  <COLLECTORNUMBER value="261"/>
  <CARDNUMBER value="4"/>
  <EXPANSION metaname="NOVAXTD"/>
  <RARITY metaname="rare"/>
  <FILENAME text='HAUNTING_ECHOES'/>
  <TITLE text='HAUNTING_ECHOES_TITLE'/>
  <CASTING_COST cost='{3}{B}{B}'/>
  <FRAMECOLOUR name='B'/>
  <COLOR value='B'/>
  <TYPE metaname='Sorcery'/>
  <SUB_TYPE metaname=''/>
  <ARTID value='99065'/>
  <ARTIST name='NOVA eXTendeD Edition'/>

<!-- START OF CARD ABILITIES -->

<!--
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Triggered Ability : Removes cards in owner's library if a card was removed from graveyard
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    -->

<TRIGGERED_ABILITY auto_skip="1" layer="0" zone="STACK">

<TRIGGER value="ZONECHANGE">
        return ((TriggerObject():GetZone() == ZONE_REMOVED_FROM_GAME) and (TriggerObject():GetErstwhileZone() == ZONE_GRAVEYARD))
      </TRIGGER>

<EFFECT>
        local RemovedCardName              = TriggerObject():GetRef()
   local RemovedCardOwner             = TriggerObject():GetOwner()
   local RemovedCardOwnerLibraryCount = CountCardsInLibrary( RemovedCardOwner)

for LibraryCardIndex = 1, RemovedCardOwnerLibraryCount do
          local LibraryCardToCheck = RemovedCardOwner:Library_GetNth( RemovedCardOwnerLibraryCount - LibraryCardIndex  )
          if ( LibraryCardToCheck:GetRef() == RemovedCardName ) then

Object():SetSFXTargetPlayer( RemovedCardOwner )

LibraryCardToCheck:RemoveFromGame()
            RemovedCardOwner:ShuffleLibrary()
          end
        end
      </EFFECT>

</TRIGGERED_ABILITY>

<!--
    Spell Ability : Once the target is chosen, remove all cards from its graveyard
    -->

<SPELL_ABILITY forced_skip="1" layer="0" zone="Any">

<FILTER>
        local HauntedPlayer = Object():Register_Player_Get( 0 )

return
          SubjectType() == SUBJECT_OBJECT
            and
     Subject():GetZone() == ZONE_GRAVEYARD
            and
     Subject():GetOwner() == HauntedPlayer
            and
          (Subject():GetCardType():Test( CARD_TYPE_LAND ) == 0)

</FILTER>

<EFFECT>
        Subject():RemoveFromGame()
      </EFFECT>

</SPELL_ABILITY>

<!--
    Spell Ability : Used to get target player
    -->

<SPELL_ABILITY tag="HAUNTING_ECHOES_RULE_1" layer="0">

<TARGET_DETERMINATION>
        return TargetPlayerBad()
      </TARGET_DETERMINATION>

<PLAYTIME>
        ChooseTarget( "ChoosePlayer" )
      </PLAYTIME>

<POST_PLAYTIME>
        Object():Register_Player_Set( 0, Object():GetTargetPlayer() )
      </POST_PLAYTIME>

<EFFECT>
      </EFFECT>

</SPELL_ABILITY>

<AI_PLAY_SCORE>
      if (MTG():GetStep() == STEP_MAIN_1) then
        return (20000)
      else
          return (10000)
      end
    </AI_PLAY_SCORE>
    <SFX text="SPECIAL_PLAGUEWIND_cast" />

<!-- END OF CARD ABILITIES -->

</CARD>
</MULTICARDS>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoy it and don't hesitate to leave a feedback :)

YannA a.k.a NOVA
Last edited by Yanna on 13 Jul 2010, 19:29, edited 6 times in total.
Yanna

Re: NOVA eXTendeD Edition - Release #1

Postby Epiphany » 11 Jul 2010, 16:28

Lovely stuff, thank you!

I'm downloading it now, will give you some feedback in a day or two.

Can't wait to see it!

One question though: Are you putting the correct artist on each new card that you make? I understand that you can't be bothered to go back and correct all the ones that you've already made, but I think it would be good to start putting the artist's names in from now on.
Epiphany

Postby Huggybaby » 11 Jul 2010, 17:44

Wow, this is beyond what I thought you guys were working on. I'm looking forward to the reports/reviews.

Keep the good stuff coming!
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Yanna » 11 Jul 2010, 22:50

Hehe ^^ Seems like this game is great for mods... Many functions or code-bits are already written, and modders are starting to learn how to code new (tricky) cards ! Besides, AI seems to be quite good when set on max level and you can 'guide' it with functions.

Glad to see people are sharing interest in DOTP, it has good looking-layout and seems to offer great modding value :)
Yanna

Postby petitrudy » 12 Jul 2010, 10:49

Very good job !

Just, the goblin matron are 1/1 instead of 1/2

Thx
petitrudy

Postby Epiphany » 13 Jul 2010, 13:59

I've been playing with your decks quite a bit and they are a lot of fun!

One slight thing though:

Magister Sphinx, when I cast this spell I was on 2 life and would have needed to cast it on myself. I know I can turn off simple casting, to be able to target myself, but I was wondering if it could be changed to be TargetPlayerNeutral or whatever it is to give me the choice.

Like I said, only a tiny thing, keep up the great work! :)
Epiphany

Postby Yanna » 13 Jul 2010, 19:30

Epiphany wrote:Magister Sphinx, when I cast this spell I was on 2 life and would have needed to cast it on myself. I know I can turn off simple casting, to be able to target myself, but I was wondering if it could be changed to be TargetPlayerNeutral or whatever it is to give me the choice.
Taken into account on the 'to fix' list ^^

Also Bumped this thread beacuse of a fix issued for the DLC.

Enjoy :)
Yanna

Postby zhoudaohan » 14 Jul 2010, 02:51

Well done,thank you!

But it seems that the new decks are locked in the game,how can I unlock them without unpacking and

modifying the file "Data_Core.wad"?
zhoudaohan

Postby Epiphany » 14 Jul 2010, 06:07

zhoudaohan wrote:Well done,thank you!

But it seems that the new decks are locked in the game,how can I unlock them without unpacking and

Welcome to the forums!

I don't know if it is possible without unpacking the data_core. I've just had a look for you but I can't find a different want to do it.

If you make a backup of your data_core.wad first I can't imagine you'll have too much to worry about.

Also, as far as I'm aware, people are recommending against doing this with Steam but getting the version from piratebay (only for people who have paid for the proper version and don't want to break it!)
Epiphany

Postby zhoudaohan » 14 Jul 2010, 14:06

Epiphany wrote:
zhoudaohan wrote:Well done,thank you!

Welcome to the forums!

I don't know if it is possible without unpacking the data_core. I've just had a look for you but I can't find a different want to do it.

If you make a backup of your data_core.wad first I can't imagine you'll have too much to worry about.

Also, as far as I'm aware, people are recommending against doing this with Steam but getting the version from piratebay (only for people who have paid for the proper version and don't want to break it!)
I find a way to realize it. Unpack the Data_core and open the secret menu,now we can unlock the decks in the game,and it will also work if we then replace the modified “Data_Core.wad”with the backup.

In this way it seems that the locked&unlocked information is storaged in the user's save
files(System:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\User\SAVES),and the secret menu is only to change the exact information in the files.

So appreciate your work and kindness,the new decks are wonderful! :D

By the way,my mother tongue is not English,so perhaps some expressions are not that accurate. :)
zhoudaohan

Postby Huggybaby » 14 Jul 2010, 14:25

Welcome zhoudaohan, your English is very good.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby zhoudaohan » 14 Jul 2010, 14:41

Huggybaby wrote:Welcome zhoudaohan, your English is very good.
Thanks,and nice replying you. People here are so kind and warm-hearted.
zhoudaohan

Postby kristijanH » 14 Jul 2010, 20:04

Arbor Elf is pointless in this game. You can't tap a land then untap it with Arbor Elf. The only way to use him if you have 3 forest. Tap 2 play spell. Untap forest. Tap 2 play spell. What I'm saying is... you can't use him for mana exceleration.

Edit: And just now the computer untapped MY swamp. And another thing I noticed. You can get the Terramorphic Expanse when you search with one (it shouldnt be that way - it's not a basic land).
kristijanH

Postby Uresti » 14 Jul 2010, 20:36

besides you can untap any land with arbor elf :) this and another issues are fixed in the DLC that will be available in a few hours, all coded cards until now in one single release
Uresti

Postby Yanna » 14 Jul 2010, 22:51

kristijanH wrote:Arbor Elf is pointless in this game. You can't tap a land then untap it with Arbor Elf. The only way to use him if you have 3 forest. Tap 2 play spell. Untap forest. Tap 2 play spell. What I'm saying is... you can't use him for mana exceleration.

Edit: And just now the computer untapped MY swamp. And another thing I noticed. You can get the Terramorphic Expanse when you search with one (it shouldnt be that way - it's not a basic land).
Yup, i've fixed many bugs but the fixes aren't released yet (Terramorphic Expanse was one of them).
Coding new cards is not bugfree unfortunately, but eventually every card will be coded as it should behave ^^

Here are some cards coming in a next release :
- Hedron Crab
- Martial Coup (this is is horrible to code, despite it doesn't look like)
- Flickering Ward
- Spirit Loop

^^
Yanna

Next

Return to 2010