It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:58

Text Size

Thefiremind's DotP2012 DLC v9 (07/7/2012)

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Thefiremind's DotP2012 DLC v7 (12/6/2012)

Postby thefiremind » 04 Jul 2012, 08:37

yuriap wrote:Glare of Subdual in Power to Tokens's deck isn't working. The activated hability (Tap an untapped creature you control: Tap target artifact or creature.) simply cannot be selected when you zoom in/right click the card.

Hope this mod are not abbandoned and the bugs can still be solved by you programmers. :) Thanks
You are right, I made a change on many cards that required special costs but on Glare of Subdual I didn't remove the older code properly.

As long as you keep writing eventual bugs, I'll fix them, don't worry. I'll prepare a new link in the next few hours.

EDIT: New link ready in the first post.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Re: Thefiremind's DotP2012 DLC v8 (04/7/2012)

Postby yuriap » 06 Jul 2012, 22:59

There is a missing art on this version (8) of your mod. In the same deck I mentioned before (Power To Tokens), from Doubling Season card. But you don't need to bother you with this little issue this time, because I fix it myself - since it is one of the few things I learned with you about the programming mechanics of the game.

I'm uploading it so anyone can place in the unpacked file ("DATA_DLC_1999\DATA_PC\DATA_SHARED\ART_ASSETS\ILLUSTRATIONS", precisely), using WadProgram.jar, then pack and paste in game's directory.
Attachments
Doubling Season Art.rar
Doubling Season's Illustration
(311.99 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
yuriap

Re: Thefiremind's DotP2012 DLC v8 (04/7/2012)

Postby thefiremind » 06 Jul 2012, 23:32

yuriap wrote:There is a missing art on this version (8) of your mod. In the same deck I mentioned before (Power To Tokens), from Doubling Season card. But you don't need to bother you with this little issue this time, because I fix it myself - since it is one of the few things I learned with you about the programming mechanics of the game.

I'm uploading it so anyone can place in the unpacked file ("DATA_DLC_1999\DATA_PC\DATA_SHARED\ART_ASSETS\ILLUSTRATIONS", precisely), using WadProgram.jar, then pack and paste in game's directory.
I was afraid that it would have happened... I copied some arts from the DotP2012 mod to the DotP2013 mod, but for Doubling Season, I accidentally moved it instead of copying it. #-o

Thanks for your contribution!
thefiremind
Programmer

Re: Thefiremind's DotP2012 DLC v9 (07/7/2012)

Postby yuriap » 11 Jul 2012, 01:04

There is another missing art from Elemental Fury 2.0 deck on Warstorm Surge.
yuriap

Postby thefiremind » 11 Jul 2012, 09:02

yuriap wrote:There is another missing art from Elemental Fury 2.0 deck on Warstorm Surge.
Warstorm Surge is part of the deck packs, I just made a fixed version but you should already have the art from the deck packs. And this time, unlike with Feral Hydra, I'm sure of it:
Code: Select all
  <CARD name="WARSTORM_SURGE_278576" deckOrderId="52" quantity="1" />
it's in the unlocks for Riku of Two Reflections deck.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby yuriap » 11 Jul 2012, 18:36

thefiremind wrote:
yuriap wrote:There is another missing art from Elemental Fury 2.0 deck on Warstorm Surge.
Warstorm Surge is part of the deck packs, I just made a fixed version but you should already have the art from the deck packs. And this time, unlike with Feral Hydra, I'm sure of it:
Code: Select all
  <CARD name="WARSTORM_SURGE_278576" deckOrderId="52" quantity="1" />
it's in the unlocks for Riku of Two Reflections deck.
Are you talking about the 3th deck pack from Steam, because I don't have it? I just fixed with a HQ image I have, extracted the crop myself, saved in .png format, convert it to .tdx and paste it in illustration folder as I did with the other card. The strange thing is that the image I use, already placed in the game, whenever it is zoomed out, both in deck manager or in your hand during the game, seems a bit shiny - but only a bit. Maybe it has something to do with some necessary modifications you have to do on Photoshop before converting it, I don't know.

Anyway, I realize that you should have done the same thing with this image as you did with Doubling Season. So I unpacked your new mod from DOTP 2013, searched the files from Primordial Hunger, found the image and copy it to DOTP 2012. But thanks anyway for the advice.

By the way, could you upload (if you have) or show me where I can download the Deck Pack 3 content (precisaly, Beknighted and Trinity of Elements decks)? I really want to play it, but I don't find it anywhere - I can't download it from Steam because I'm using Skidrow version.

Thanks again!
yuriap

Postby marcus00005 » 13 Jul 2012, 17:27

awesome dlc and yeah i did finish the deck for myr but i could not get the a few cards for it to work. i still got it done and i got to test it out and it works great. just takes awhile to get out is all.
marcus00005

Postby Cerskel » 23 Aug 2012, 06:21

The download doesn't work? :(
Cerskel

Postby thefiremind » 23 Aug 2012, 09:34

Cerskel wrote:The download doesn't work? :(
The link was expired, I replaced it with a new one.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby yuriap » 06 Oct 2012, 03:29

Ethersworn Canonist from Believe in Etherium deck has a missing art and it seems his effect isn't working properly. And Glare of Subdual, on both Power to Tokens and Bestial Rush decks, apparently are still not working.
yuriap

Postby thefiremind » 06 Oct 2012, 09:52

yuriap wrote:Ethersworn Canonist from Believe in Etherium deck has a missing art and it seems his effect isn't working properly. And Glare of Subdual, on both Power to Tokens and Bestial Rush decks, apparently are still not working.
I'm reuploading the DLC with the missing art, but you should be more specific when reporting cards that don't work. I can't see anything wrong on Glare of Subdual, while the code for Ethersworn Canonist is very complicated and it's difficult for me to look at it after so much time... I'm sure I tested it a lot and never changed its code, so I believe you could have run into some particular scenario that I didn't think about.
Are you using only my mod, or maybe some other mods that could contain older versions of my cards? Did MOTHER.TXT appear after playing? What happened that made you think that Ethersworn Canonist doesn't work? And what went wrong with Glare of Subdual (can't select the ability, can't select target, nothing happens on resolution...)?
I won't discontinue support for this old mod, but in exchange I expect a bit more quality in the bug reports. :wink:

I'll edit this post when the new link is ready.
EDIT: New link ready.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby yuriap » 06 Oct 2012, 23:26

First, sorry for not being specific enough on my last post. It's perfectly understandable that you need more information to check and test your hypothesis while you try to find what is right or wrong.

Well, since the lack of updates for DOTP 2013 made me become bored about it, I restarted to play more with the 2012 version. And my first doubt was if I was playing an old version of your mod updates. So I downloaded it again and had it tested to see if it behave different. And, in addiction, I'm pretty sure I checked to use only one mod per time before reporting the bug.

It is quite unconfortable for me to say that, since you are almost sure about the code: I downloaded your reupload and packed into the game's directory and still, both of the cards I mencioned before didn't work.

I can give you an example of about Ethersworn Canonist ability bug I saw. (Stopped writting to play a match with Believe in Etherium deck). AI played, late in the game, while Ethersworn Canonist is in the battlefield from up the second turn onwards, first Beast Hunt, then Thrun, The Last Troll on the same turn. This is from your last announced reupload. There was is only your mod running in the last time I execute the game.

Let's go to Glare of Subdual example (stopped to play a match again, now with Bestial Rush): I've played the enchantment in my 4th turn. Then, I played a creature (specifically Centaur Omenreader). Glare's ability, if I understand the rules correctly, did not need to wait for the summoning sickness to pass. It's a tap and untapped, not all your creatures has "{tap symbol}" that could have made I wait until the next turn to play it. But, I waited the next turn anyway... And nothing. With lots of untapped creatures in play, I can click on the enchantment card on the battlefield with the right click, and zoomed it in, it doesn't show the dark grey box with the ability to be activated. It simply can't select the ability from start.

I don't know if it could be happening only here, because, at least, it would be weird. Anyway, I hope my description this time can be helpfull for you to see more clearly what is probably the source of this problems.
yuriap

Postby BlindWillow » 07 Oct 2012, 01:37

I notice there is no cost for Glare's ability. I don't know if that causes problems. As I am seriously considering working on a 2012 DLC next (seems like there are still certain advantages to it), hopefully thefiremind won't mind if I ask another question out of the mists of the past, but am I basically right in thinking that your storage functions can be used where in 2013 delayed triggers would be?
BlindWillow

Postby thefiremind » 07 Oct 2012, 08:29

BlindWillow wrote:hopefully thefiremind won't mind if I ask another question out of the mists of the past, but am I basically right in thinking that your storage functions can be used where in 2013 delayed triggers would be?
When I needed something like a delayed trigger in DotP2013, I just made a "normal" trigger on the card that causes it (active in any zone if needed), and I kept track of when I must trigger it through a register. Storage functions (made by nabeshin, not by me :wink:) are useful because they don't clear themselves automatically when the object changes zone, while in-game registers do (unless you use RetainDataChest at the right moment, which makes the code more complicated).

About the bugs, I'll test those 2 cards more when I have time. I didn't use a cost on Glare of Subdual because if you use a predefined cost in DotP2012 (like "Tap", "Discard", "Sacrifice", etc.) it demands target register 0, and you have to use a register from 1 onwards for the real target. This prevents the game from displaying the targetting arrow, so you have no clue about the ability's target when the AI uses it. My implementation preserves the targetting arrow and it's functionally identical. I used the same idea in other cards (Bone Splinter for example) so it's strange that it doesn't work on Glare of Subdual. Anyway if the ability is never available, the problem is almost surely on TARGET_DETERMINATION.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby LordOfRiots » 08 Oct 2012, 16:07

Alright I apologize if I'm missing something fairly obvious here, but whenever I attempt to open the game through the custom executable you linked, it tells me that the "misty_api.dll" is missing from my computer. Is there a location I can pull that from, or am I not doing this correctly :?
LordOfRiots

PreviousNext

Return to 2012