It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:23

Text Size

DOTP2012 Bug fixes

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: DOTP2012 Bug fixes

Postby GamerXYZ0 » 13 Jun 2012, 03:54

pcastellazzi wrote:
GamerXYZ0 wrote:I found a Bramble Elemental OR Fists of Ironwood bug: Bramble Elemental's effect twiggered twice by the same Fists of Ironwood (IIRC, it didn't do so other times).

Let's see if I can recall what I had on my field (I took a screenshot, but instead I got a shot from my desktop). AI is simple: he had a non-equipped Argentum Armor, and a Kor Outfitter (from the previous turn, hence Armor wasn't equipped).

IIRC, I had Bramble Elemental with Rancor and Angelic Destiny equipped (to which I equipped Fists of Ironwood), an Aura Gnarlid with Arrest equipped, a bunch of tokens thanks to a former Bramble Elemental which died a few turns ago and of course the current one, a Suntail Hawk and that 1/1 hexproof that can only be blocked by flying creatures.
When you said "the effect triggered twice" you mean you got six tokens? As i understand with everything working ok, you should get four (two from Bramble Elemental and two from Fists of Ironwood), plus whatever amount of tokens you had before.
*facepalms* (for me, I mean)

I was so focussed on Bramble Elemental I completely neglected that (even worse in this case, because I specifically used it to produce tokens: Rancor provided Trample already after all). Never mind about my post #-o
GamerXYZ0

Postby thefiremind » 17 Jun 2012, 09:42

I think I found a bug that you won't believe until you try it out.
Earthquake will destroy Flight!!! :shock:

And I think I found the reason, but if I'm right, it would all start from an embarassing bug inside the game: Auras can be killed by damage. Look at the filter used in Earthquake:
Code: Select all
    <FILTER>
    if (FilteredPlayer() ~= nil) then
       return 1
    else
       return (FilteredCard():GetCurrentCharacteristics():Badge_Test( BADGE_FLYING ) == 0)
    end
    </FILTER>
It basically says "it's either a player, or anything without flying". I'd suggest to change the filter like this:
Code: Select all
    <FILTER>
    return (FilteredPlayer() ~= nil) or
    (FilteredCard() ~= nil and
    FilteredCard():GetCardType():Test( CARD_TYPE_CREATURE ) ~= 0 and
    FilteredCard():GetZone() == ZONE_IN_PLAY and
    FilteredCard():GetCurrentCharacteristics():Badge_Test( BADGE_FLYING ) == 0)
    </FILTER>
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby pcastellazzi » 17 Jun 2012, 19:32

thefiremind wrote:I think I found a bug that you won't believe until you try it out.
That's supposed to happend. When you use Eartquake for 4 damage you die. On a multiplayer game when you die all objects you own are removed from the game with you.

You may find a more detailed explanation including quotes from the rules here
The lights then came up and the crowd erupted in applause, because that's what the crowd does after it watches destruction on a large screen.
— Ben Kuchera, Mordern Warfare 3 review.
pcastellazzi

Postby thefiremind » 18 Jun 2012, 08:33

pcastellazzi wrote:
thefiremind wrote:I think I found a bug that you won't believe until you try it out.
That's supposed to happend. When you use Eartquake for 4 damage you die. On a multiplayer game when you die all objects you own are removed from the game with you.

You may find a more detailed explanation including quotes from the rules here
Haha I guess I had to make some big mistake sooner or later... I was always looking at Chandra's life instead of mine, because in 1vs1 my life is always at the bottom left and not at the bottom center. #-o
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 20 Feb 2017, 16:29

The links in the OP aren't working any more. Does anyone have these files backed up somewhere that they could share? :)
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby Mori » 30 Aug 2019, 05:17

Splinterverse wrote:The links in the OP aren't working any more. Does anyone have these files backed up somewhere that they could share? :)
Same question
Mori

Previous

Return to 2012