It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:49

Text Size

DOTP2012 Pablo's Custom DLC

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

DOTP2012 Pablo's Custom DLC

Postby pcastellazzi » 19 Jun 2012, 03:03

I made a DLC and today is the day i make it public. I hope it will keep you busy for a few days until DOTP2013 gets released. Enjoy!

The latest version can be downloaded from here.

For those interested in colaborate the code repository is https://bitbucket.org/pcastellazzi/dotp-2012-dlc

If you know of a new bug please post it here and we will try to fix it as soon as i am able.

A detailed description of the content can be found here.
The lights then came up and the crowd erupted in applause, because that's what the crowd does after it watches destruction on a large screen.
— Ben Kuchera, Mordern Warfare 3 review.
pcastellazzi

Re: DOTP2012 Pablo's Custom DLC

Postby sadlyblue » 19 Jun 2012, 09:00

Thanks.
I'll try it later this evening.
sadlyblue

Postby thefiremind » 19 Jun 2012, 09:23

I'm afraid you'll have a little bug with Blinkmoth Nexus: MANA_ABILITY in DotP2012 is coded so poorly that if you play Blinkmoth Nexus and make it a creature in the same turn, you'll still be able to tap it for mana, even with summoning sickness. And inside MANA_ABILITY you can't even use an AVAILABILITY block because it will just be ignored.

Pay also some attention to Kessig Wolf Run: I think it will consider itself as an available land when counting the mana you can spend on {X} (I had this issue with Terrain Generator and Vault of the Archangel, but I fixed the problem with an AVAILABILITY block that required 1 more colorless mana available, too bad you can't do the same with {X}).

(Just as an added curiosity, if you try to code an Eldrazi Spawn token properly, and use a MANA_ABILITY with SacrificeSelf as cost, the game will behave as if the cost was TapSelf anyway! I really hope those issues will be fixed in DotP2013.)
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby pcastellazzi » 19 Jun 2012, 17:36

thefiremind wrote:I'm afraid you'll have a little bug with Blinkmoth Nexus: MANA_ABILITY in DotP2012 is coded so poorly that if you play Blinkmoth Nexus and make it a creature in the same turn, you'll still be able to tap it for mana, even with summoning sickness. And inside MANA_ABILITY you can't even use an AVAILABILITY block because it will just be ignored.
I know about this, but i did not figure a way to fix it yet. As you said MANA_ABILITY ignore the AVAILABILITY block, COST type=TapSelf also ignores TARGET_DETERMINATION., and we cant use PRODUCE blocks outside MANA_ABILITY blocks.

The latest thing i tried was to use a come into play/end of turn trigger to set/unset a variable and an extra COST type=Sacrifice limited by this variable with a TARGET_DETERMINATION block. With a nil target for the sacrifice, which is handled by the engine, the game crash.

If you (or anyone else reading this) have any clue about how to fix this i would gladly try it. Also a replacement card with the similar functionality would work too.

About Kessig Wolf Run i fixed the issue you mention with a simple trick. I inverted the costs in the code. Instead of following the card text order, (pay x, tap, do), i used (tap, pay x, do) which solves the issue of Kessig Wolf Run being available to generate mana to pay it self.
The lights then came up and the crowd erupted in applause, because that's what the crowd does after it watches destruction on a large screen.
pcastellazzi

Postby Gyro » 13 Oct 2012, 12:38

Hi buddy,

I downloaded ur decks but i have an issue : they're all locked.

Can u give me and advice to make them playable ?

I download many customs decks, i dont know if the problem comes from here.

Thanks ! =D
Gyro

Postby pcastellazzi » 14 Oct 2012, 04:13

Gyro wrote:Hi buddy,

I downloaded ur decks but i have an issue : they're all locked.

Can u give me and advice to make them playable ?

I download many customs decks, i dont know if the problem comes from here.

Thanks ! =D
If i remember correctly the unlock button from the cracked version should do the trick (a restart of the game may be required to make it fully functional).
pcastellazzi

Postby Gyro » 14 Oct 2012, 09:56

I have Skidrow's version of the game. I used ur advice but it doesnt work... The unlock button does nothing, even if i restart the game.

I tried to open the .wad file with a special tool to find a way to unlock that by myself but its an epic fail ! =D

This is sooooo annoying, the AI can play with but not me...
Gyro

Postby pcastellazzi » 15 Oct 2012, 04:40

Gyro wrote:I have Skidrow's version of the game. I used ur advice but it doesnt work... The unlock button does nothing, even if i restart the game.

I tried to open the .wad file with a special tool to find a way to unlock that by myself but its an epic fail ! =D

This is sooooo annoying, the AI can play with but not me...
My bad. You mean the decks are locked. I was thinking about the "card unlocks". The decks should not be locked, the mod made them available even if you never played the game. My guess is you have installed another mod which is conflicting with mine, or there is a missing piece in your installation. I quick look around seems to indicate the Skidrow version of the game is outdated, that means essentialy, no bug fixes, and most importantly it is without the official DLC's which are required to play most of the mods you will find here including mine.

Try with Theta's release. Look around for "duels of the planeswalkers 2012 1.0r62 theta".
pcastellazzi

Postby Gyro » 16 Oct 2012, 18:39

Well what is weird is that i got plenty of decks and yours are the only ones locked...

Actually i found a way to play them. U go to the decks manager, then ur heading to the deck u wanna play. After leaving the game, u can play it, even if the deck is locked.

I'll never be able to test the unlocked cards of all decks but well... Im not complaining, at least i can play them. =p

I have to thank for all ur work and for ur help as well. Thanks to guys like u, this game is funnier day after day.

I made it ! Dude u were right, that "Theta" update just solve all of my issues !
Now ur awesome decks are unlocked, and i have some news decks i didnt expect like "March to war"... Woah !

Thanks a lot !! :D :D :D :D
Gyro

Return to 2012