It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 13:27

Text Size

Request:Card organizer: For WADedit.

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Request:Card organizer: For WADedit.

Postby STKL » 03 Jan 2013, 06:12

I've tried searching on the forums, but tbh I didn't find it for the past, 30 or so minutes so I'm asking if some of you smart modders out there, could create something that organizes all the Cards that we have.
As it is I've downloaded tons of wad files and there are so many unique cards that I feel lost.
Sorting by color, type ie creature spell ect would help a lot when building a deck.
Just a suggestion if anyone has that ability.

Also if anyone knows how to add more than 60 cars (ie a sidebar) please let me know. I know your limited by the games mechanics to only a certain amount of decks that can hold "unlocked" cards but if you know how to make your custom deck have a bar let me know.
STKL

Re: Request:Card organizer: For WADedit.

Postby RiiakShiNal » 03 Jan 2013, 14:31

STKL wrote:Also if anyone knows how to add more than 60 cars (ie a sidebar) please let me know. I know your limited by the games mechanics to only a certain amount of decks that can hold "unlocked" cards but if you know how to make your custom deck have a bar let me know.
There are two methods of creating unlocks (you can even use both):
  1. Promo method - appropriate for up to 10 unlocks (uses promo unlock codes to unlock).
  2. Regular method - Supports more unlocks though often requires a supporting APPID_LINKING.TXT file to keep them unlocked.

Both methods require an unlock file which is laid out similarly to below (minus the notes I have added using "<--"):
Code: Select all
<UNLOCKS uid="9032"  <-- Unique Id (never re-use ids from anything)
  deck_uid="3"         <-- Deck Id that this unlock file refers to
  content_pack="0"     <-- Refers to Expansion/DLC this belongs to, should keep at 0 for everyone to be able to use.
  game_mode="0">       <-- This determines whether it is a regular (0) or promo (2) unlock file.
    <CARD name="KHALNI_HYDRA_288689"  <-- File Name of card to make an unlock (pretty obvious).
      deckOrderId="36"                <-- Deck order continued from deck (promo unlocks should be continued after regular unlocks (if any).
      unlockOrderId="0"               <-- Where in sequence this card is unlocked (generally always starts at 0 for each file and increment for each unlock)
      quantity="1" />                 <-- For unlocks the quantity should always be 1.
    <CARD name="TIMBERMAW_LARVA_280056" deckOrderId="37" unlockOrderId="1" quantity="1" />
    <CARD name="GARRUKS_COMPANION_288705" deckOrderId="38" unlockOrderId="2" quantity="1" />
</UNLOCKS>
For more information about APPID_LINKING.TXT files look here.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby propel0 » 03 Jan 2013, 23:57

there's a 'deckbuilder' app that another member uploaded, you can try searching for that, it pools all your wads into one giant list, and you can sort by color/type, along with the image
propel0

Postby STKL » 04 Jan 2013, 03:46

I have searched for a "deckbuilder app" and the only thing that I have found was wadedit. Do you have a link or a name of this application?
STKL

Postby loookaz » 04 Jan 2013, 14:00

loookaz

Postby STKL » 04 Jan 2013, 21:38

@loookaz"

here you go[/quote]
Ok I will take a look at it, but I'm currently using the Wadedit to make decks, most of the time I can make a deck no problem, but the cards are not organized at all, and you can't sort by color, type ect.
Also there is a problem with unlocks, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
STKL

Postby STKL » 04 Jan 2013, 23:00

loookaz wrote:here you go
Hey loookaz this Deck creator is pretty cool, I just made a card xml and wanted to put it in the thing, how do I do it? If I drag it into the folder "All_Cards" the program stops working.
I was trying to make a Kor Duelist:
Ok....This forum won't let new users put in code...

Anyways after spending some time trying to make the Deck Editor work, I finally got myself a WAD file. Only thing is it's only 3 kb large, and it doesn't show up in the game!
Are you sure this editor works for DoTp 2013?
Perhaps I am making an error, I told it where my mtgdotp.exe was, then started adding cards, saved it, then I clicked pack.
I saw that it created a wad file and put it with the other wads, I also tried not removing it, and leaving it in the DeckBuilder folder. Nothing works.
STKL

Postby propel0 » 05 Jan 2013, 01:06

I actually haven't used deckbuilder to create decks, only to preview and sort cards, I still use wadedit to create decks.
propel0

Postby STKL » 05 Jan 2013, 02:44

propel0 wrote:I actually haven't used deckbuilder to create decks, only to preview and sort cards, I still use wadedit to create decks.
That is what I use and I can create 60 card decks no prob, but when I try the unlocked cards it sometimes works sometimes it doesn't.
Btw, if you use WADEDIT, have you any idea how to add cards to the list that they give you? I know you can add cards by unpacking WADs but what about TDXs? OR XMLs what would I have to do to add them to the list?
STKL

Return to 2013