It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:38

Text Size

Issues with some cards

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Issues with some cards

Postby Nick26 » 15 Jul 2022, 05:52

Hi,
I recently managed to get a working copy of magic 2013, the pc version. It is the first time I have ever play it, since I had the xbox 360 version, I never bothered looking for the pc one. But unfortunately my 360 is gone so...
Anyway, I installed the game with all the expansion and the "core fixes" I found on this forum but there are a lot of core cards not working properly. These are the ones I have noticed:
- Allied strategies: does not let you draw any card
- All sun's dawn: only gets me a white card from the graveyard
- conflux: only fetches for one white card
- charms: they soft lock the game. It happens whenever I cast a charm and one of the mode has no target.
- Protean hulk: when it dies, it's triggered ability does nothing.

I was quite surprised honestly considering they are core cards, I remember I never had any issue with the 360 version. Is there any way to fix them?

Oh, one last thing: is there a way to unlock cards from core decks? I have an issue with grim procession and mana mastery: these are the only two decks with default 0/30 cards unlocked; when I win games I do unlock cards but for some reason these progresses are not saved, if I quite the game and restart it, I no longer have the unlocked cards. I tried to download several "cards unlocker" but they don't work :(
Nick26

Re: Issues with some cards

Postby RiiakShiNal » 18 Jul 2022, 11:06

Just to make sure, you are using the "core fixes" for DotP 2013 (by thefiremind) and not the ones for DotP 2014 (by me) right? I ask because DotP 2014 mods are not compatible with 2013 and there is a completely different set of "core cards".

"Core fixes" are necessary because there are "core cards" (cards officially implemented by Stainless Games as part of the official game) that are part of challenge decks (may only work in very specific circumstances) or were made with certain considerations in mind (did not necessarily implement everything perfectly because given the cards officially implemented certain other conditions could not happen) and thus are not appropriate in their "unfixed" forms for modded decks/cards or for play against modded decks/cards.

Note that the "core fixes" mod may not have fixed all of the cards used for challenges both because we didn't want to break the challenges and because some of them may not have been possible to completely fix. Also I don't recall the cards you've mentioned as being in DotP 2013 without mods (if they were added by a mod then they are not "core cards"), though with how long it has been since I looked at DotP 2013 that doesn't necessarily mean much.

There are multiple ways to unlock cards from decks (core or otherwise), but if a deck's status/configuration is not saving then even if you unlock the cards in the deck the configuration (i.e. whether you've moved cards in or out) won't be saved. There is a very limited amount of space in the player's profile for saved deck configurations and once that space has been used by or allocated for specific decks then only those decks' configurations can be saved/loaded. This is a problem with all of the DotP games except for DotP 2009/2010 (which was PC only and used a different mechanism).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Nick26 » 18 Jul 2022, 21:07

Yes, I downloaded these core fixes from the firemind topic (viewtopic.php?f=102&t=7426) for magic 2013.
The cards I mentioned in my last post are all playable core cards of regular decks. Allied strategies, conflux, all sun's dawn (plus bant charm and naya charm) are from Mana Mastery, the 5 colours deck from the last expansion, while the protean hulk is from the UG deck of the second expansion. I have no idea why they don't work, it's so weird.
Nick26

Postby GamerXYZ0 » 29 Feb 2024, 22:57

I'm really late to this topic so I don't know if you still have use for this, but from what I've found, the problem is apparantly that a new filter has been added to the game, but the cracked exes are mostly old versions of the exe which can't use that new filter option, resulting in problems like Conflux and Protean Hulk (Allies Strategies should work properly though, which it does for me, weird it doesn't for you).

Unfortunately I have no idea where to get the newest version of the exe, since any potential download links I found are all dead. If you're hunting, 1 easy way to see if you have the right exe is by looking at Mana Mastery in the deck manager: if you still have the visual bug of only seeing the quantities of 2 of the 5 basic land types, you have an outdated exe.

EDIT: Okay, this is weird. From what I've found, Theta dc120919 should work, and Gamecopyworld has that (I can't know for sure of course, but according to the description and the .nfo in the download it is). However, it still has the visual bug of seeing only 2 lands in the deck manager, but even so I still tested Conflux, and it still has the same problem.

EDIT2: Well, seems my information wasn't correct: you don't need a new exe, you need a newer version of Data_Core.wad. In this forum, you can download nayozzz's magic DOTP 2013 expansion 1 + deck packs 1 2 3, I've confirmed for myself that works at least with Conflux so I assume the rest should work properly as well. If you've made any edits to Data_Core.wad though, you'll have to make those edits again (or copy the files you changed from the old wad to the new).
GamerXYZ0

Return to 2013