It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:55

Text Size

[REL] Master Necros Decks! Huge update 10 new decks25.5.2014

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: [REL] Master Necros Decks! Huge update 10 new decks25.5.

Postby Master Necro » 28 May 2013, 07:20

Blue Ghost wrote:Good work on the decks. :)
Have a number of bugs to report. I haven't thoroughly tested these, so this isn't a complete list.

Svogthos, the Restless Tomb always taps itself to animate, making its ability rather useless. The Keyrunes sometimes have this problem as well. I'd recommend reworking their mana production abilities to use mana tokens to avoid the problem.
They tap because they use their own mana when they use that ability you mast have more mana so that those cards don't use their own.

Blue Ghost wrote:Cipher doesn't work on any of the cards that use it.
Just checked and it works it attaches to a creature card and asks you to cast it again when that creature deals damage directly to the opposing player.

Blue Ghost wrote:In addition to Overgrown Tomb's mana being switched, I believe Izzet Guildgate's is as well.
Fixed! :)

Blue Ghost wrote:Golgari Guildgate doesn't have art.
Hmmmm, it does have art in my game, strange, when you re download the deck please check again.

Blue Ghost wrote:Orzhova, Church of Deals does not spend mana for its ability.
Yep that is pretty strange, I have asked people to help since I don't see the error in the code... :(

Blue Ghost wrote:Skinbrand Goblin should not grant trample with its bloodrush ability.
It was actually just a text error but fixed all the same. :)

Blue Ghost wrote:And a few spelling errors. Golgari are misspelled in the deck name.
Fixed!

Blue Ghost wrote:Dragenious? DRAGENIOUS? HOW DARE YOU DEFILE THE NAME OF THE GREAT AND POWERFUL NIV-MIZZET... Ahem.
Yeah never liked him. :P That is the name I've chosen for that deck AI. :lol:

Blue Ghost wrote:There might be others I haven't found. Just letting you know about the ones I have found so far.
Uploaded the fixes. :)

Thank you for making an effort to help me make this mod better, please do report any bugs and feel free to ask anything that you want. :)
Master Necro

Postby Blue Ghost » 28 May 2013, 08:25

Master Necro wrote:
Have a number of bugs to report. I haven't thoroughly tested these, so this isn't a complete list.

Svogthos, the Restless Tomb always taps itself to animate, making its ability rather useless. The Keyrunes sometimes have this problem as well. I'd recommend reworking their mana production abilities to use mana tokens to avoid the problem.
They tap because they use their own mana when they use that ability you mast have more mana so that those cards don't use their own.
Yes, but for Svogthos, I couldn't make it use mana from other sources. It appears that it prioritizes colorless mana, which it can only generate itself.
Blue Ghost

Postby Master Necro » 28 May 2013, 08:45

Blue Ghost wrote:
Master Necro wrote:

Yes, but for Svogthos, I couldn't make it use mana from other sources. It appears that it prioritizes colorless mana, which it can only generate itself.
I really don't get that much of that when I play but as far as I know there is no way to tell a card which mana source to prioritize.
Master Necro

Postby Master Necro » 28 May 2013, 08:47

Blue Ghost wrote:
I really don't get that much of that when I play but as far as I know there is no way to tell a card which mana source to prioritize. The way to avoid this is make Svogthos prodice mana it doesn't need, for instance all cards including Svogthos produce green and on;y one guild gate produces black.

P.S. Sorry for double post.
Master Necro

Postby Master Necro » 28 May 2013, 10:01

Thefiremind fixed Orzhova, the Church of Deals. :)
Master Necro

Postby Blue Ghost » 28 May 2013, 19:26

Master Necro wrote:
Blue Ghost wrote:
I really don't get that much of that when I play but as far as I know there is no way to tell a card which mana source to prioritize. The way to avoid this is make Svogthos prodice mana it doesn't need, for instance all cards including Svogthos produce green and on;y one guild gate produces black.

Svogthos can only produce colorless mana. The easiest workaround I can think of is to have Svogthos (and the Keyrunes, and possibly other things as well) produce mana as mana tokens, like the Signets do.
Blue Ghost

Postby Master Necro » 29 May 2013, 15:05

Blue Ghost wrote:
Master Necro wrote:
Blue Ghost wrote:

Svogthos can only produce colorless mana. The easiest workaround I can think of is to have Svogthos (and the Keyrunes, and possibly other things as well) produce mana as mana tokens, like the Signets do.
I have been exploring this and as far as I know colourless mana can't be produced with tokens. :(
Master Necro

Postby RiiakShiNal » 29 May 2013, 15:21

Master Necro wrote:I have been exploring this and as far as I know colourless mana can't be produced with tokens. :(
Tokens most certainly CAN produce colourless mana. If the token has this ability it will have no problem producing colourless mana:
Code: Select all
   <MANA_ABILITY>
      <COST type="TapSelf" />
      <PRODUCES amount="{1}" />
   </MANA_ABILITY>
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Master Necro » 29 May 2013, 16:04

RiiakShiNal wrote:
Master Necro wrote:I have been exploring this and as far as I know colourless mana can't be produced with tokens. :(
Tokens most certainly CAN produce colourless mana. If the token has this ability it will have no problem producing colourless mana:
   <MANA_ABILITY>
      <COST type="TapSelf" />
   </MANA_ABILITY>
Actually Svogthos already has that same function I just didn't realise that that is using a token. :oops:
Master Necro

Postby RiiakShiNal » 29 May 2013, 16:30

Master Necro wrote:
RiiakShiNal wrote:
   <MANA_ABILITY>
      <COST type="TapSelf" />
   </MANA_ABILITY>
Actually Svogthos already has that same function I just didn't realise that that is using a token. :oops:
That ability does NOT produce a token, it produces colourless mana. If put ON a token then the token will be able to produce colourless mana.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby yuriap » 31 May 2013, 08:34

It seems that the number of non-basic lands (dual lands and guild gates) exceeds the proper number according the rules. Is it on purpose?

Thank you very much for this wonderful work. Your decks are very fun to play - not overpowered, but balanced thematic decks -, just the way i like it!
yuriap

Postby thefiremind » 31 May 2013, 23:14

Master Necro, I have to ask you to do something a little annoying.
Blue Ghost found that your decks interfered with my mod, and I understood why: you still have the old versions of my LOL files, which override my new versions and hide some of the functions I wrote inside them. So I have to ask you to update the LOL files in your decks. In order to make it a bit easier for you, I re-collected the LOL files from your Cult of Rakdos deck (I guess you copied the same ones in all your decks, right?), updated those belonging to me, and added a "MN_" prefix to all of them, so you won't have to worry again about updating them.
Attachments
FUNCTIONS.zip
LOL files to be inserted in Master Necro's decks in place of those already there
(31.88 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby BloodReyvyn » 01 Jun 2013, 21:35

Glad I looked here, I had a few cards not working correctly, or in some cases abilities doing nothing at all. I uninstalled these and everything is back to working fine again. :(

Hoping for an update soon, cuz these decks were pretty fun to play.
"There's an experience worse than blindness - it's the certainty that your vision is perfect and the horror that there's no world around you to see."
BloodReyvyn

Postby thefiremind » 01 Jun 2013, 21:49

Well, you can always update them by yourself if you want: unpack, delete the contents of the FUNCTIONS folder, extract my ZIP to the FUNCTIONS folder, repack, do the same for each deck of this mod. It's time-consuming, but easy to do.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Master Necro » 03 Jun 2013, 11:01

yuriap wrote:It seems that the number of non-basic lands (dual lands and guild gates) exceeds the proper number according the rules. Is it on purpose?

Thank you very much for this wonderful work. Your decks are very fun to play - not overpowered, but balanced thematic decks -, just the way i like it!
Weeeell I don't really know all the rules so I'm just aiming for fun decks if that is a problem tell me what needs changing so that the decks would be rule approved. :)

And thank you, that really means a lot. :)

thefiremind wrote:Master Necro, I have to ask you to do something a little annoying.
Blue Ghost found that your decks interfered with my mod, and I understood why: you still have the old versions of my LOL files, which override my new versions and hide some of the functions I wrote inside them. So I have to ask you to update the LOL files in your decks. In order to make it a bit easier for you, I re-collected the LOL files from your Cult of Rakdos deck (I guess you copied the same ones in all your decks, right?), updated those belonging to me, and added a "MN_" prefix to all of them, so you won't have to worry again about updating them.
That is not too big of a problem since I need to redo all the keyrunes so yep, all the decks must be reuploaded, but I simply don't have the time RL is pressing hard but as soon as I find time I'll get right on it, and upload 3 transform decks. :)
Master Necro

PreviousNext

Return to 2013