It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:25

Text Size

BloodReyvyn's Mods Final Version 3.2 (25 Decks)

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: BloodReyvyn's Mods Final Version 3.0 (24 Decks)

Postby BloodReyvyn » 08 Jun 2013, 10:09

Massive update in original post, though with so few responses (or none since last update) I feel people either don't care much for my decks or don't care to critique them.

Either way, it's there if you wish. I know I said I wasn't going to do another release til DotP2014 is released, but with all of the cards I have made and tested lately, I wanted to go ahead and give the community more to work with.
"There's an experience worse than blindness - it's the certainty that your vision is perfect and the horror that there's no world around you to see."
BloodReyvyn

Postby drleg3nd » 08 Jun 2013, 12:57

BloodReyvyn wrote:Massive update in original post, though with so few responses (or none since last update) I feel people either don't care much for my decks or don't care to critique them.

Either way, it's there if you wish. I know I said I wasn't going to do another release til DotP2014 is released, but with all of the cards I have made and tested lately, I wanted to go ahead and give the community more to work with.
Hey reyvn nice job on these decks..I was thinking something similar with my decks since not a lot of people said anything even when I asked to critique but I think they too busy enjoying the mods to bother lol..one critique I did have though which I apologize for not bringing up is why the rings ?!! Lol I hate them cuz they so slow and a waste for a better 2 drop spell..I manually took them off but I'll chk out ya revamp to see how it goes..btw love the choices for the deck box, avatar and personalities for some reason they seem to pop out from the other decks that I can't help but choose one of them to play with or against lol..until dotp 14 mods..cheers
drleg3nd

Postby BloodReyvyn » 08 Jun 2013, 13:06

Hehehe I didn't mean anything bad by that comment, just meant that people seem to either not care for my decks (which is fine, since I made them more for me than anything else) or not care to critique (which again is fine, because then I can assume they are fine as-is).

I can't even remember which deck(s) had rings in them off the top of my head, but I'm sure I opted for them to try to keep the deck semi-balanced as opposed to some OP 2-drop enchantment or some over-used equipment like Umezawa's Jitte.

I think the reason my PW personalities stand out is the border. Rather than the standard black border (or no border as some mods prefer) I made the borders of most of them a gradient of the decks color(s) and beveled it particularly so I could find them easier when scrolling through the massive amount of decks I have installed. ;)
"There's an experience worse than blindness - it's the certainty that your vision is perfect and the horror that there's no world around you to see."
BloodReyvyn

Postby Rickycoe123 » 09 Jun 2013, 18:40

This will be the next mod I will convert for the ipad. Keep an eye out.
Rickycoe123

Postby BloodReyvyn » 10 Jun 2013, 06:01

Cool, If I had an iPad to test it on, I probably would have looked into it. Alas, when you have to rely on feedback from third parties just to see if it is working properly, it definitely is a drag.

Thanks for converting them. :)
BloodReyvyn

Re: BloodReyvyn's Mods Final Version 3.1 (25 Decks)

Postby BloodReyvyn » 11 Jun 2013, 09:14

Added one more deck I was reluctant to release, mainly because I was using it to try a couple of the new M14 cards, Shadowborn Apostle and Shadowborn Demon. I didn't go bonkers with the Apostle because, lets face it, she's weak. The demon on the other hand is quite awesome and goes well with the Apostle (obviously), but I can definitely see him being a major mid range bomb in certain reanimator-themed decks. Anyways, it's there if you want to try it out or just to try the new m14 cards in your own deck if your curiosity is getting the better of you. :)
BloodReyvyn

Postby jacque » 13 Jun 2013, 23:49

Blood, just downloaded your Mods... *love how u named them - easier to manage xD*

I am wondering do you have a separate Core like thefiremind or even Riil?
Learn making your own cards today!!!

Click on Image if a post/reply helped you.

I stitch old cards together to make new ones...

~ Jacque, the confused
jacque

Postby BloodReyvyn » 14 Jun 2013, 00:05

Actually, no... hence their dependance on the other mods. I kept cards I made for specific decks in the deck wad, although I believe I may have re-used some of them in other decks that do not contain that card in the wad. So, if a card is missing from one of the decks, it is probably because the card is from a mod you don't have installed or a deck of mine that you may have deleted.

I am hoping to have a complete Core wad for any mods I make for DotP2014, and since I have been working on that using existing card I will probably do a massive overhaul of this mod then, including a Core wad.

Progress has been slow though, since I am a bit out of sorts lately with the medication I am on. :lol: I have been trying to make a full core set (Tenth Edition) and the full Time Spiral Block in light of the sealed deck option for the new Duels, since I have very fond memories of Tenth Edition/Time Spiral block drafts a while back.
BloodReyvyn

Postby jacque » 14 Jun 2013, 00:24

It would be a dream to have one common core with most of the cards others have worked on combined in it... I am wondering tho, how do I use cards by sumomole - they are in diff folders like functions, dgm, etc...

~ Jacque, the confused
jacque

Postby BloodReyvyn » 14 Jun 2013, 00:28

If you use Riiak's Deck Builder (viewtopic.php?f=99&t=10470) you can use cards from any mod you currently have installed. ;)
BloodReyvyn

Postby jacque » 14 Jun 2013, 00:30

Hmmm nonono as in I downloaded sumomole's cards... and they appear in separate folders unlike how thefiremind would have them in a single core, or in wads for instance... where should I put these folders so that I can use the cards inside? Thanks again!

~ Jacque, the confused
jacque

Postby BloodReyvyn » 14 Jun 2013, 01:16

Ohhhhhhh okay from his RTR block cards I assume?

Well, first, you would need to use Gibbed Tools to convert the .wad archive (your deck wad) into a browsable archive, then browse the folder structure and place Card XMLs in the "CARDS" directory, Functions in the "FUNCTIONS" Directory, and card art in the "ART_ASSETS/ILLUSTRATIONS/" directory.

Re-pack the .wad with Gibbed tools and use Riiak's editor to add the cards to your deck... Or as I do, you can go to the DECKS directory and add the file names to the deck list there, just make sure the card id's stay incremental and there are none repeating in the deck OR the unlocks or the game will crash trying to load your deck.
BloodReyvyn

Postby jacque » 14 Jun 2013, 01:30

BloodReyvyn wrote:Ohhhhhhh okay from his RTR block cards I assume?

Well, first, you would need to use Gibbed Tools to convert the .wad archive (your deck wad) into a browsable archive, then browse the folder structure and place Card XMLs in the "CARDS" directory, Functions in the "FUNCTIONS" Directory, and card art in the "ART_ASSETS/ILLUSTRATIONS/" directory.

Re-pack the .wad with Gibbed tools and use Riiak's editor to add the cards to your deck... Or as I do, you can go to the DECKS directory and add the file names to the deck list there, just make sure the card id's stay incremental and there are none repeating in the deck OR the unlocks or the game will crash trying to load your deck.
YUPS!!! Hmmm does that also mean if I were to work on a Core... I can use this similar approach as well and remove any duplicates that "I-find-it-all-so-annoying-being-repeated-99999999-times"? xD And thanks again! =)

~ Jacque, the confused
jacque

Postby BloodReyvyn » 14 Jun 2013, 01:46

Yes, and I was thinking of going through every mod and trying to consolidate them into one massive core wad, then keep the individual deck wads as they are (without the cards).... but that would be a hell of a long process with all the available mods. Though I am convinced it would take up a lot less space, being as the 40 or so cards I have made alone come to a whopping 217 MB (mostly art), so I imagine the 50-100 cards repeated at least twice over would probably be nearing if not well over 1 GB
BloodReyvyn

Postby RiiakShiNal » 14 Jun 2013, 13:27

BloodReyvyn wrote:Yes, and I was thinking of going through every mod and trying to consolidate them into one massive core wad, then keep the individual deck wads as they are (without the cards).... but that would be a hell of a long process with all the available mods. Though I am convinced it would take up a lot less space, being as the 40 or so cards I have made alone come to a whopping 217 MB (mostly art), so I imagine the 50-100 cards repeated at least twice over would probably be nearing if not well over 1 GB
Well, that depends on whether the card images are compressed or not. For example my entire mod (v1.4) only comes up to 52.8 MB (including AI personality, deck, and card preview images) and I have 435 cards in my mod (including tokens). Thefiremind's core is 121 MB (including AI personalities and deck box images) and contains 1,090 cards (including tokens). If you add up all of thefiremind's wads (including decks, core fixes, transform pack, cosmetic wad, etc...) and all of mine it still only comes up to about 221 MB.

So if you have 40 cards that take 217 MB either you are dealing with super-high-quality art and/or you have not compressed the images.

Compressing the art and wad can get deck wads (with deck box image [1 image] and card preview images [9 images]) down to less than 1 MB. Though it should be noted that Gibbed Tools does not compress anything by default, it requires a command line parameter to compress WADs, and you'll need either Eglin's tool (no commmand line parameter necessary) or my modified Gibbed Tools (still requires a command line parameter) to compress TDXs.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2013