It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:07

Text Size

All mods, All core files, All card art, All card text

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

All mods, All core files, All card art, All card text

Postby Rickycoe123 » 29 May 2013, 20:25

Hey there.....

Is there a whole database, where decks can be complied into one... I'm starting off the compiling every ones cores/WADS in the DOTP2013 deck manager... which i think is the best deck builder. (sorry whoever sees this and has made an alternative).

But has anyone already done this so it would be ALOT easier and ALOT quicker.

Ricky
Rickycoe123

Re: All mods, All core files, All card art, All card text

Postby RiiakShiNal » 29 May 2013, 23:27

Rickycoe123 wrote:Is there a whole database, where decks can be complied into one... I'm starting off the compiling every ones cores/WADS in the DOTP2013 deck manager...
As far as I know there is not a whole database, though there have been several attempts by various people. A quick search should give you some threads to look at. I think the last attempt was by Scion of Darkness, but I can't be 100% sure.

Rickycoe123 wrote:DOTP2013 deck manager... which i think is the best deck builder. (sorry whoever sees this and has made an alternative).
No offense taken. Everyone is entitled to their own preferences and opinions and no one can fault that.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby drleg3nd » 30 May 2013, 00:30

I attempted a core wad that contain most cards and art into it on my thread. .I would like to unify all mods in one easy to find file to new people can just dl and be good to go without fishing through each persons thread..I was thinking of copying my game folder but I gotta get rid of some bad decks first..the wad is stored in scion's dropbox so anyone can update which will be appreciated..hope all modders utilize this so finding decks will be a simpler process
drleg3nd

Postby BloodReyvyn » 30 May 2013, 01:17

Cool man, I was wondering when DotP2014 is released and the mods start coming out if modders could all do something similar and have one massive Community Library of cards, or at least have a stickied thread with nothing but links to people's core wads' posts so that new modders can use one thread to get to all of the major mods.

Decks themselves and even card xml's aren't all that big themselves, but when you have 6 or 7 people all with the same card and each of them have hi-res art, all those art files can add up.
"There's an experience worse than blindness - it's the certainty that your vision is perfect and the horror that there's no world around you to see."
BloodReyvyn

Postby RiiakShiNal » 30 May 2013, 01:58

You don't need a stickied thread, we have the Wiki (Main Page, DotP 2013 page) anyone (who is registered) can edit it so keeping a list of all release threads should be easy. When someone makes a release they should go out to the wiki and add it there, and if they forget someone else can just as easily do it. Right now though most people seem to be ignoring this immensely useful feature (it takes a lot less elbow grease to keep the wiki up-to-date than to create a card database).

Even then this topic came up for DotP 2010, for DotP 2012, and several times for DotP 2013. At this rate I don't think it will be any different for DotP 2014. About the only things that can change that are for modders to spend lots of time comparing what they are working on with other modders (unlikely) or for there to be a very easy tool that modders can simply put a card in when done and check for if a card has been done or not in real time (also unlikely, because no one has built such a tool, which would likely take weeks to months of development time plus lots and lots of testing and a fair-to-large amount of web-space).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Rickycoe123 » 30 May 2013, 06:43

I've installed the most core wads into the deck manager but I keep seeing missing artwork/cards... Which is strange because it means I will need to hunt down the individual tdx files just to complete a standard deck of mixture of core files.

I hope the community can pull together and make this happen :)
Rickycoe123

Return to 2013