It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:39

Text Size

BUG found- Free For All and land problem

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

BUG found- Free For All and land problem

Postby libertyfighter » 31 May 2013, 15:52

I found that bug that i thought it happens only on cracked version of DOTP 13, but while i tried to play on Free for All doing to AI the Nayan Invasion deck http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=9970, it happened also to me, that i bought original versions.

I found in the DECK that I use, whatever it could be, some NON BASIC LAND contained in the AI custom DECK. Somebody knows already this bug?
Obviously it did not happens if you choose for the AI a Deck without NON BASIC LANDS.
libertyfighter

Re: BUG found- Free For All and land problem

Postby nivmizzet1 » 01 Jun 2013, 10:56

I think I read somewhere that this happens when there is a land other than the standard swamp, forest, plains, island, and mountain cards entered into the land pool file of a deck -- it doesn't matter if it's the deck you're using or the opponent deck.
nivmizzet1

Postby thefiremind » 01 Jun 2013, 11:10

nivmizzet1 wrote:I think I read somewhere that this happens when there is a land other than the standard swamp, forest, plains, island, and mountain cards entered into the land pool file of a deck -- it doesn't matter if it's the deck you're using or the opponent deck.
Yes, the land pools are shared among all players in a match, but nobody would put a nonbasic land in the land pool, and I checked that the "Nayan Invasion" deck is no exception. However other people reported that adding a nonbasic land with basic land types (Taiga and similar) to a deck makes the deck manager add other copies of it, and I think this is connected to the problem. Maybe those lands are considered part of the land pool even if they aren't explicitly in it?
The solution would be quite simple: just don't use nonbasic lands with basic land types. There are other options if you really need dual lands.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby libertyfighter » 05 Jun 2013, 16:02

Sorry for late in reply. Of course nobody has put non basic land in the mana pool. For what concern the mana pool, maybe the problem could disappear if instead of the same mana pool uid (that shoud be alwais the uid 17) we arrange to change uid mana pool, making one different for the others. But i never done such kind of test until now.
libertyfighter

Postby RiiakShiNal » 05 Jun 2013, 18:36

libertyfighter wrote:Sorry for late in reply. Of course nobody has put non basic land in the mana pool. For what concern the mana pool, maybe the problem could disappear if instead of the same mana pool uid (that shoud be alwais the uid 17) we arrange to change uid mana pool, making one different for the others. But i never done such kind of test until now.
Several modders like myself and thefiremind already have unique ids for all of our land pools. Those who build their decks using my deck builder also have unique ids for their land pools.

If you think the problem is related to the land pools using the same id then you could always check the Nayan Invasion land pool and the land pool of the deck you were using to see if they are the same id.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Return to 2013